PDA

View Full Version : Release?

Nimlot
03-30-2009, 06:50 AM
This game seems really cool. Looking forward to it!

A couple of things ive been wondering though,

Firstly, ive been looking for a release date. I understand setting a specific date is hard but the only thing ive seen is Q1 2009. I think the deadline for that is tomorrow so it would be surprising:) but it would be nice to get an approximate date. Q2? Q3?

Second question is about units! Ive seen some units on screenshots, but it would be awesome to have a list and see all the units the races have. Also will there be units specific to subraces(like the desert orcs have a unit the forest orcs dont)?

Again im really looking forward to this game, has alot of potential!
Keep up the good work

Andy Joslin
03-30-2009, 07:23 AM
Release: Q3 '09

Unit Lists: Wait for the new website (it's kinda near done - shouldn't be too long.)

The Witch King of Angmar
03-30-2009, 07:46 AM
Oooh boy! I didn't think the site was going to be made up yet. I can't wait.

LiTos456
03-30-2009, 02:01 PM
Ooooo time to update DoFS soon :D

LordSlayer
03-30-2009, 04:30 PM
Unit Lists: Wait for the new website (it's kinda near done - shouldn't be too long.)

For the unit list, can you say if we will get all units (including monsters and mercs, if they are included) or only those of the player races ?

Kell Aset
03-31-2009, 12:29 PM
New site with unit list? interesting, I'm already curious if humans are using helmets such as those ---> http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/1516/hemyredniowieczne.jpg
I have noticed that soldiers with halberds wear number 4 helmet, any other units are using number 1 perhaps? or my favorite here - number 2? that one gives such a nice mysterious/evil/fantasy look hehe.

Puppeteer
03-31-2009, 01:59 PM
Well clearly here's a Number 4:
http://www.dawnoffantasy.com/media/screen41.jpg

LiTos456
03-31-2009, 02:33 PM
That seems like a fairly old screenshot, though I doubt those units have been changed.

Grizzlez
03-31-2009, 04:40 PM
Is Q3 like September? Also will the new site be regularly updated (not a dig at the old one)? It will just be a lot more useful to have a site that contains all the new information as well as having it in the forums so people who search the game in a search engine or click a link from somewhere else will see a website that doesn't have really old news and such.

Cobra
03-31-2009, 04:48 PM
Problem is that Q3 could refer to the fiscal year (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiscal_year), or the calendar year (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calendar_year). The fiscal Q3 ends at the end of June, while the calendar Q3 ends with September.

Normally I'd just assume it was calendar year, but you never know.

Lordadamar
04-01-2009, 02:27 PM
Its been my experience in beta testing that when they give quarters for release date its the calendar year quarter not fiscal.

Never the less game is way past it original release projection so what 3 more months

Cobra
04-01-2009, 03:14 PM
I just remember when Spore was coming out they kept talking in fiscal quarters. That was actually the point where I learned the difference.

By the way, I apologize for comparing Spore to DoF.

Kell Aset
04-02-2009, 10:04 AM
Well clearly here's a Number 4:
http://www.dawnoffantasy.com/media/screen41.jpg

That seems like a fairly old screenshot, though I doubt those units have been changed.

I guess I need to wait for a new site and official unit list to get to know more about human helmets etc. (it is kind of fetish hehe - armors in fantasy games :p )

nickson104
04-02-2009, 11:26 AM
I guess I need to wait for a new site and official unit list to get to know more about human helmets etc. (it is kind of fetish hehe - armors in fantasy games :p )

hmmm a fetish for pixellated armour..... straaaange :p
It is always good to know what the armours look like because it just makes the game look awesome, especially if we do get to choose a colour for example, then knowing armours would be useful...

LiTos456
04-02-2009, 02:12 PM
They aren't really pixelated. Maplestory has everything pixelated including armor and other games like that :P

nickson104
04-03-2009, 10:08 AM
They aren't really pixelated. Maplestory has everything pixelated including armor and other games like that :P

i was making a joke mate :p ;)

Kell Aset
04-03-2009, 03:18 PM
Hehe, well not exactly and not only for pixeled :) It is always nice to have cRPG avatar that looks cool and in cRTS to find favorite unit.
Like here http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/8527/rolwmarmosoldiers.jpg well obviously not from game but they look cool and a little evil :) .

LiTos456
04-04-2009, 01:02 PM
Woah, they look really cool. Like medieval nazis. (the helmets)

Kell Aset
04-05-2009, 10:02 AM
Medieval nazis hehe I would never thought of that :) buy no no they are Marmo soldiers from Record of Lodoss War. It is really good thing, to know a little more about it check my post in Off topic - "What’s your favorite movie of all time?" thread, hmn and I think they are wearing helmet number 2 or 3.

Generation
04-14-2009, 10:09 PM
rofl medieval nazis that is funny

iceblast
04-15-2009, 04:11 PM
Does Release Q3 mean quater 3?.

so like jun-august time?.

The Witch King of Angmar
04-15-2009, 07:24 PM
Yes, you are correct on the Q3 thing iceblast.

Grizzlez
04-16-2009, 04:40 PM
The best time to come out, especially as I have like 10 weeks between the end of school and the beginning of university. :)

iceblast
04-16-2009, 05:13 PM
i have my exams over in 20th june. then i have the time i need.

i leave school on 16th may. but ill revise a fair bit but time to smoke some ganja lol (joke.)

ill be enjoying my last few days as a 16 year old b4 i have a low life low paid job :'(

anyone have any tips how to survive the credit crunches

Bryan Oakley
04-16-2009, 05:34 PM
Woah, they look really cool. Like medieval nazis. (the helmets)

Medieval Nazis? No such thing?

If you're talking about credit cards, simple, don't use them. I rarely ever use mine and when I do I always know for a fact I have the money sitting in the bank to pay it off.

nickson104
04-17-2009, 04:59 AM
Medieval Nazis? No such thing?

If you're talking about credit cards, simple, don't use them. I rarely ever use mine and when I do I always know for a fact I have the money sitting in the bank to pay it off.

No he is talking about THE credit crunch here in Britain, where money is getting hard to come by and the depression is beginning to hit hard. Economists predicted it would happen but no-one wanted to listen as everyone was prospering so much, now everyone is paying the price... I still blame America for setting the ball rolling though :p lending so much money out to people who couldnt pay it back :(

Grizzlez
04-17-2009, 06:43 AM
Ice the easiest way to survive the credit crunch right now is to keep on learning, jobs are harder to come by and most people will have a lot more to offer than someone straight out of school. Go to 6th form/college and then possibly uni to give yourself some more time to prepare as the economy sorts itself out.

iceblast
04-17-2009, 06:58 AM
ye i leave home soon :O :(.
anyone wanna pay me big money for something lol.

i dont wana go sixth form hate school and private schools suck. even state are worse :(.

Puppeteer
04-17-2009, 11:52 AM
Our school is fine. Only state school to get into Times 100. Woo.

jobs are harder to come by
I have two (plus a magazine round)!

Ryan Zelazny
04-17-2009, 04:57 PM

My tip would be to try and get a job at a company that is recession proof. Certain types of businesses that what they provide people can't go without, this would mean government, power, fuel, health and some others I probably just can't put to mind right now.

If you're going back to school don't fall for a lot of those small colleges that promote jobs in "popular" areas. These are the schools where you pay $10K for a 1-2 year course and at the end of it there are 35 of you looking for a job in a sector where there are only 20 jobs.

The other option is taking a job in a different country. Some countries are more economically stable right now and are starving for good intelligent workers. Just make sure you get into a situation where you are guaranteed employment for x period of time, most companies will gladly give a 6 mths to a year guarantee if you're loyal enough to move for them. You don't want to make the commitment to move and then you're out of a job in 3 months.

Or if you are like us here at Reverie and you want to design games... Videogame companies tend to do better in recessions because people are staying home more, and videogames as far as entertainment vs. money spent are generally in a good position. You spend $59 for a game that can give you 30+ hours of entertainment, versus $25 for a movie that will give you 2 hours? So if you have the skills to do what we do, then that's a good way to go. Though it can be hit or miss, you always have to remember entertainment is usually a gamble because taste is very relative.

fyro11
04-17-2009, 07:38 PM
Sadly, the gaming industry seems to have been dealt a blow as well.

Video game industry sales finally take a hit (http://news.cnet.com/8301-10797_3-10221645-235.html)

March revenues for the video game industry dropped 17 percent from a year ago, the NPD Group reported Thursday, the first time in the current recession that the business has seen sales fall.. (http://news.cnet.com/8301-10797_3-10221645-235.html)

Tynesider
04-18-2009, 11:43 AM
Definately number 2, If not 2 number 3, 1 and 4 look like 2nd world war tommy helmets.

Darvin
04-18-2009, 04:12 PM
Sadly, the gaming industry seems to have been dealt a blow as well.

So they're down for one month compared to last year and suddenly it's the end of the world? Gimme a break. A slight fluctuation in game release dates can have a big impact on overall sales, and a major holiday falling in a different month is more than enough to do that.

The guy forgets that Easter is a double-whammy. In addition to people buying less in March because the holiday wasn't there this year, publishers are also publishing less because they know it.

iceblast
04-18-2009, 05:29 PM
wow darvin your a moderator never knew that i thought puppet and Witch king were the only ones.

Everyone takes things over the top. like if i dont buy some sandwiches from the super market they email me why i havent and how it will effect them long them :@

OrcSlayer
05-04-2009, 06:01 AM
can you tell us in which few months it'll be realeased in ie september - november

Darvin
05-04-2009, 12:27 PM
They probably don't have a finalized released date anyways, so our guess is as good as their's.

wow darvin your a moderator never knew that i thought puppet and Witch king were the only ones.
I don't post as much as they do, but rest assured I'm lurking in every topic :-)