PDA

View Full Version : PvP laggy

Marko
03-19-2012, 09:26 AM
Hi,
I don't know if this is an issue for every one but I had serious lag issues on PvP making it unplayable due to units jerking their way across the screen and button presses coming way after the press was made. It wasn't just myself this was affecting but also the guy I was against at the time,
I've only been playing the game for a few days so I am not sure how common this is and its made me reluctant to do PvP again
Apart from that I am loving the game and slowly getting addicted to it lol

mrtigger
03-19-2012, 10:19 AM
but your settings at lowest

Marko
03-19-2012, 10:34 AM
I seriously doubt it was a hardware issue, I have a 6 core Phenom II processor with 8Gb ram and a 2Gb graphics card and they were hardly straining under the load putting on them by the game, but I will lower the settings and see what happens.
Just one thing tho, if it was this that was the problem, how come the guy I was against in the PvP was also suffering the same? We were both UK based, I have 20mb broadband so it just seemed strange that this happened like it did

Konstantin Fomenko
03-19-2012, 10:45 AM
The problem was the other guy you were playing against - most likely he was on a slow dual core computer with windows XP, and this is just how the game is for him all the time. Chances are you`ll have a smooth PvP experience against another opponent.

Marko
03-19-2012, 10:51 AM
If thats how the game runs for him then I feel sorry for him.
Thank you for the replys I will try PvP again, I expect I'll get flattened but then again its the only real way to learn lol

aramsm
03-19-2012, 12:10 PM
I had lag issues during pvp combat too, making it unplayble like you said. But I doubt my opponents had the same issue because they can clearly play well (I lost all my army because of that). And Im 100% sure that is not a performance issue.

Marko, can we set a match just to see how it goes for us?

Marko
03-20-2012, 11:26 AM
we can set up a match, my name on there is the same as here, I am in the UK but work shifts so it can be hit and miss as to when I am on the game during the week so weekends probably better.
It would be intersting to see if there are still lag problems

Konstantin Fomenko
03-20-2012, 11:33 AM
The new patch which is due to be out either on Wed or Thu will allow to have a direct match against another player (by player name) - this should help you guys get this game going.

But yeah - myself and other developers often play the game ourselfs - and usually 80% of the PvP games run smoothly for me, but from time to time I run into an extremely laggy game as well.

Marko
03-20-2012, 11:50 AM
That would be a great addition to the game being able to set up matches easily against friends, I look forward to that feature... Just need to make friends on there now lol. Thanks Konstantin

Marko
03-20-2012, 11:55 AM
But yeah - myself and other developers often play the game ourselfs - and usually 80% of the PvP games run smoothly for me, but from time to time I run into an extremely laggy game as well.

I guess I was unlucky for my first taste of PvP lol, mind you still not done another one yet