PDA

View Full Version : Cant play in pvp

aramsm
03-15-2012, 05:25 PM
Hi there,

Im having a strange issue during my pvp matches. Im not sure if this is desync or other sort of problem, but when Im in the battlefield its like if Im keep getting roll backs of 0.3 sec +-, for example the animations of the flags waving... its looks like a video tape when you make a bad cut and keep it rolling. But the thing is when I select my units it deselect isntantely, I have to select it like 5 times or so, and the same thing to make them do my orders.

Someone told me to provide my log1.txt, here it comes. Im thinking on fraps it since I cant explain well the issue but didnt do that yet.

Jarno Montonen
03-16-2012, 02:01 AM
Sounds just like a simple network latency issue. How's your internet connection generally? And make sure you don't have any other application using your bandwith while playing pvp. Another thing is that when you're matched against players located far away from you, you're likely to get more latency than when you're fighting against players located near you.

aramsm
03-16-2012, 02:53 PM
I see. The problem so is that Im from Brazil, quite far from US or Europe. I guess I wont be able to pvp so =(

knightl
03-16-2012, 04:04 PM
Your location should only be a small factor im in Australia yet i still find matches without de sync

aramsm
03-16-2012, 06:45 PM
So Idk. I hope it is not my location because I cant do anything about it. My connection is 10mb of download speed. I rarely have problems like this... so I have no idea what is it.

knightl
03-16-2012, 07:21 PM
Add me on Msn ill pm you my address and from there if im online sent me a message and ill pop in game and i'll try vs you see if it happens that way

Marko
03-17-2012, 08:13 AM
I was in PvP last night and it was so laggy it was impossible to play, any ideas why this was? I have 20mb broadband and achieve 16mb, my pc is fairly high spec and processor was running at 26%, the guy I was in PvP was experiencing the same problem

aramsm
03-19-2012, 10:21 PM
I did some coop matches and I got some lag but was playable, diferent than last time. I think this is really related to latency. You guys need to upgrade your server or do something else because this can kills pvp.

Konstantin Fomenko
03-20-2012, 09:07 AM
All the PvP gameplay is Peer to Peer, so the only source of lag in PvP - is pathfinding (which we are fixing) - that makes Win XP dual core PCs behave really badly, and people`s internet connection.