PDA

View Full Version : Performance Decrease After Update

Silkjc
03-09-2012, 09:31 PM
Hi Reverie,
After the last update (Elven stat decrease one) the performance of DOF has decreased dramatically for me. The game used to run completely smooth on max settings. It will now run smoothly for a about 30 seconds, then rough for 30 seconds, then back to smooth again. This happens on the world map, game menus, everything. I have also tried decreasing the graphics quality and it still occurs.

Its not some new process i've installed, CPU usage from other applications is 0%.
I am running a Core i7 processor, 4gb ram, so its not the dual core problem mentioned in the sync update.

Konstantin Fomenko
03-12-2012, 04:00 PM
Hello,

The only thing that usually introduces such lag is Windows XP, or running the DoF on computer that haven`t been rebooted in a while.

Can you confirm what Windows you are on?

And also - you haven`t installed or changed anything in your computer between the last patch when the lag started? We really haven`t introduced anything in the last patch that could have introduced this lag for you.

Silkjc
03-12-2012, 05:21 PM
Windows 7 64bit. No process changes since the jerkyness started; also does it with only dof process open. Worked perfect before eleven/sync. updates. Did a check to make sure it wasn't partial hardware failure; Napoleon. Total war runs on Max settings perfectly smooth. Using radeon 6770m graphics card. Loading screen times also seem longer..