PDA

View Full Version : Play the MMO style game Single Player

Traciatim
02-29-2012, 12:59 PM
It seems like the single player and MMO variant of the game are very different. Is there a way to play through the game like you would in the multi player play area but in a single player mode?

knightl
02-29-2012, 05:13 PM
Well kingdom wars is the closest thing as you actually manage the kingdom but since the MMO style needs online to function it wasn't included and don't think it will be

why not just play online if i may ask?

Konstantin Fomenko
03-01-2012, 10:28 AM
Traciatim,

I`m wondering if you want singleplayer version of Online Kingdom so you can play without internet connect, or just without having to worry about other players?

As far as Online Kingdom goes - we did include a way for players to avoid other players and PvP, Co-Op e.t.c to provide a singleplayer like experience. Purchase PvP Protection for 48 hours (of real time play time) in the Market shop and you are good to go for probably a week or two, nobody will bother you.

Traciatim
03-13-2012, 03:37 PM
Well, pretty much other players are a-holes. So I usually don't like PVP games that much, case and point, I came out of beginner protection and i don't really even know how to play. I didn't even really have time to read the NPC trainer guy's warning that players can attack me and I was slaughtered by someone about 4x my size. I just quit playing the game and haven't been back.

The single player game doesn't seem to have any of the building and empire management stuff so it has been really boring.

So here I sit, playing other games.

Edit:
Purchase PvP Protection for 48 hours (of real time play time) in the Market shop and you are good to go for probably a week or two, nobody will bother you.

Also, pay to win models are a huge fail.

knightl
03-13-2012, 10:09 PM
pay to win?

haven't spent any money on influence and i can still woop the majority of the population of this game

Traciatim
03-16-2012, 05:12 AM
So pick any other player that is your skill level, and start a 2 player game with them, only they get to but 30 bucks worth of stuff... who is more likely to win? Just because you personally are better than a large portion of other players doens't mean it's not a pay2win game.

knightl
03-16-2012, 06:01 AM
So pick any other player that is your skill level, and start a 2 player game with them, only they get to but 30 bucks worth of stuff... who is more likely to win? Just because you personally are better than a large portion of other players doens't mean it's not a pay2win game.

they spend 30 bucks on something i spend 10 minutes doing a quest and then we're tied

Traciatim
03-18-2012, 08:29 PM
they spend 30 bucks on something i spend 10 minutes doing a quest and then we're tied

Except they also can do the quests... Only they can get to it faster cause they have free resources and a crew of fast workers... Funny how that works.

knightl
03-18-2012, 10:07 PM
Except they also can do the quests... Only they can get to it faster cause they have free resources and a crew of fast workers... Funny how that works.

they spend 6 hours working i spend 6 hours getting 500 influence from PVP

now if you would stop trying to be trouble what is being said is that its not pay2win and in no way will it become pay to win

micha1993
03-19-2012, 12:47 PM
this game is very easy to handle without spending any money.
seriously in 1 day i had full economy build and did enough quests, to buy protection with influence points if needed (although i never had to buy it since i have never been attacked yet)
within 1 week i had my village complete, and 2 huge armies ready to pvp/ siege AI with no problem.

maybe you had bad luck, and someone attacked you before you understood the game.
start over, nothing happened.

small Tip: while you don't have your walls finished, you can't be attacked from other players.
take it to your advantage.

Traciatim
03-21-2012, 08:13 AM
they spend 6 hours working i spend 6 hours getting 500 influence from PVP

now if you would stop trying to be trouble what is being said is that its not pay2win and in no way will it become pay to win

Lol, trying to 'cause trouble' by calling a game where you can buy armies and resources with real cash a pay to win game. I'll have to remember that the next time I play a board game with the kids, maybe if I just send Hasbro 5 bucks I can start all my properties with hotels . . . since that's not pay to win since everyone can do it and they can just do the same thing in game with time.

small Tip: while you don't have your walls finished, you can't be attacked from other players. take it to your advantage.

Interesting tip, can you just play the full rest of the game without walls then and count that as a non-PVP flag? Maybe teh game could actually be fun instead of a pay to win PVP slaughter.

Dreamwalker
03-21-2012, 11:51 AM
Something to keep in mind here: you can only be attacked by people with the same army strength as you. Of course, they could still have a much bigger army than you (like the orcs; they have huge armies, but they need them to make up for their weak troops).

As for this being a pay to win game... I'm sure some people spend plenty of money on this game, and they can get big armies and tons of resources out of it. But you can only be attacked by people with the same strength as you, so you would never have to worry about them.

And, like knight said, it's just as easy to get influence from actually playing the game as it is paying money. In the end, I would never buy influence in this game, because it's really just a waste of money.

A good idea might be to start a new city. That way, you take things slower; and if you want, you could not build walls, so no one could attack you. But then you would miss out on all the fun of pvp. :)

aramsm
03-22-2012, 07:11 PM
Something to keep in mind here: you can only be attacked by people with the same army strength as you. Of course, they could still have a much bigger army than you (like the orcs; they have huge armies, but they need them to make up for their weak troops).

As for this being a pay to win game... I'm sure some people spend plenty of money on this game, and they can get big armies and tons of resources out of it. But you can only be attacked by people with the same strength as you, so you would never have to worry about them.

And, like knight said, it's just as easy to get influence from actually playing the game as it is paying money. In the end, I would never buy influence in this game, because it's really just a waste of money.

A good idea might be to start a new city. That way, you take things slower; and if you want, you could not build walls, so no one could attack you. But then you would miss out on all the fun of pvp. :)

This^

Army points make impossible to be "ganked" in this game, so if you got a bigger or stronger army you cant actually kill smaller and weakness armies, like you said happened to you. Also, this is not like an MMORPG when you control one character and then come someone behind you and kill you suddenly, when pvp start is a slow process: loading screen etc, wich makes it impossible to be a surprise.

Seriously, did you really play online or you just complainning with even havent played it? Sorry but the description you gave is just weird, doesnt fit to the online game mechanic.

Traciatim
03-23-2012, 03:25 PM
This^

Army points make impossible to be "ganked" in this game, so if you got a bigger or stronger army you cant actually kill smaller and weakness armies, like you said happened to you. Also, this is not like an MMORPG when you control one character and then come someone behind you and kill you suddenly, when pvp start is a slow process: loading screen etc, wich makes it impossible to be a surprise.

Seriously, did you really play online or you just complainning with even havent played it? Sorry but the description you gave is just weird, doesnt fit to the online game mechanic.

It probably wans't exactly twice the size, it was by far larger. It had archers so was the same race as me, it also seems to be far mor powerful (as in if my arches shot his archers 1-2 of his would die and all of mine would.

Yeah, I was talking to the NPC guy about being attacked so I thought "Alright, time to focus on army then" and I clicked off the screen, and the very next screen was the "You're under attack" thing where you can pay off or leave. It happend so fast that I figured it was like the quests and some little NPC army would come through.

He literally lost like 15 units (not armies) the whole match, by the time I was down to the point that my whole town was one fire I just logged out and left. I've only been back in to check what you can buy to pay to win to be sure I'm being fairly accurate here. Plus, since he had fire arrows he had upgraded armies, and I didn't yet at all... so saying it can't match make more powerful armies with lesser ones is completely and utterly false. It was larger, and upgraded compared to mine.

Dreamwalker
03-23-2012, 04:06 PM
He literally lost like 15 units (not armies) the whole match, by the time I was down to the point that my whole town was one fire I just logged out and left. I've only been back in to check what you can buy to pay to win to be sure I'm being fairly accurate here. Plus, since he had fire arrows he had upgraded armies, and I didn't yet at all... so saying it can't match make more powerful armies with lesser ones is completely and utterly false. It was larger, and upgraded compared to mine.

Well, it could always be a bug. And usually, you don't get attacked that often (sometimes you can go for hours without anyone attacking, or at least you could before more people showed up). Just bad luck that you got attacked after the first 5 seconds.

Konstantin Fomenko
03-24-2012, 10:38 AM
There is always a way to exit PvP battle - and Surrender at any point - paying out small penalties - if you see that the enemy is stronger - you just Surrender this battle.

AND - I can confirm it was a bug that effected you, just found the bug that makes town match up against stronger opponents, fixing it in this patch.