PDA

View Full Version : Orc Walls

Razorboye
02-22-2012, 01:36 AM
My wooden walls arent completing themselves. They have sections that are walls then they just have sections that are towers and have palisade walls connecting them to other towers. I dont know if its a bug or not because my brother is experiencing the same thing(we're both orcs).

My username is SongSpore. Town name is Orc Kingdom. and the region it is located at is Flatton Rol, just a little bit east of Mistra(or whatever that town is called).

Konstantin Fomenko
02-22-2012, 08:48 AM
This is not a bug but actually Orcish stronghold design. Granted they get really ugly walls:) But they are very effective as stopping attackers.

kalinin920
02-22-2012, 06:21 PM
Effective at stopping?! Flattan Rol's design has straight up holes in the wall, that isn't effective at all! I can understand only having one layer of walls as a balance thing, but designing that layer to have holes in it is just...un-fun.

GPS51
02-22-2012, 06:24 PM
I'd be very surprised as the home cities have gotten a good deal of play time/testing, could you screenshot (f1 in game) and post it to show the holes please?

Razorboye
02-22-2012, 09:55 PM
I dont know if you can see it or not, but on the left and right side you can see that it has wooden walls up but on the bottom its just the palisade walls and some random tower placement.

GPS51
02-22-2012, 10:45 PM
The walls look half built in the picture ( did the wall continuing button get clicked off)? I'm checking just to make sure on the test build.

GPS51
02-22-2012, 11:38 PM
Ok so i test built a full orc wall set up, that's the way it was designed. Orcs aren't designed to sit behind tall stone walls. My experience has been that the palisade rush is more deadly then attempting to take the tall wooden walls in orc towns. Thanks for keeping us on our toes.

Razorboye
02-23-2012, 01:52 AM
Ok thanks, just wanted to make sure it wasnt glitched or anything.

kalinin920
02-23-2012, 07:03 PM
Even from a design and cultural standpoint though, that seems like a castle design that just doesn't make sense. It really should be up to the player how they handle their tactics with a species, to a certain degree. Take for example the entrenched perk - it's damn near useless if those bonuses can be completely circumvented due to poor castle design. I've started a new homeland in Brakental for my orcs just in the hopes that they will actually have a complete wall that takes longer than 10 seconds to breach. At that point it might as well not even be called a siege, honestly. But this is a matter of opinion and discussion rather than bugs and such, I suppose.

Razorboye
02-23-2012, 09:38 PM
Yeah I'm with Kailin at this point, I mean why make wooden walls if its not going to completely encircle(protect) my town? Whats the point? The palisade gets knocked down easy so I already know everyone is going to destroy that and just rush in. So all in all, If we orcs cant get a full encirclement of walls to protect our towns then why give us walls in the first place? Also I was hoping my town would end up looking like the orc town Makkada(Mother Womb).

GPS51
02-23-2012, 09:44 PM
My understanding is that those palisades walls can't be hacked through by melee units ( i could be wrong) I do know that although the palisade is one layer in several places there are 3 palisade walls on top of each other as well.

Razorboye
02-23-2012, 09:45 PM
Ok so i test built a full orc wall set up, that's the way it was designed. Orcs aren't designed to sit behind tall stone walls. My experience has been that the palisade rush is more deadly then attempting to take the tall wooden walls in orc towns. Thanks for keeping us on our toes.

So me and my brother tried to siege the orc town Pultak. It didnt go down so well, They had full wooden walls(no palisade walls). We had 5 Dwarven Cannons total, about 3 black dragons and around 10 groups of archers and 20-30 groups of zerkers, we broke through his first wooden wall and called it quits cause it was just wasting too much resource just to get through his first line of wooden walls. So what I'm trying to say is how come players and NPC tech are different?

GPS51
02-23-2012, 09:57 PM
At it's simplest form "basic game design" is probably the right answer. I'd of loved to have built Makadda like towns too but that's impossible right now.

kalinin920
02-24-2012, 05:01 PM
It's not impossible I would say, just that the design isn't in place for us to be that powerful I guess? Personally I wish it was up to us to design our castles, stronghold style, with the only limits being what resources we could gather. Sure that would make some castles nearly impenetrable, but that's sort of the point of all that player's effort.

GPS51
02-24-2012, 05:56 PM
Additional stronghold designs are planned but are lower down on the priority list currently.

EvilCount
03-01-2012, 02:47 PM
Hey

I find it rather odd, that the icon on log-in screen (where is the icon of my home town) shows it having fully completed walls, yet my town of Waaagh has humongous caps between 4 different segments of walls. I did not build pallisade walls for my town since I tought that it would just be destroyed after the grand walls have been build. I might be mistaken here, tha´t I actually have to build the palisades too in addition to these other walls.

I understand that orc walls should not be that high and mighty, nothing build by orcs should be too hightech, but I doubt that no orc builder even has been that clubbed, that he would not build complete sircle of ramparts!

I started to build some towers in-between my the segments of walls, so I suppose that might help a bit but if there is allready closeable gates, why to leave such openings? :confused:

Konstantin Fomenko
03-02-2012, 01:05 PM
I started to build some towers in-between my the segments of walls, so I suppose that might help a bit but if there is already closeable gates, why to leave such openings?
Orcish walls are ONLY complete if you have both the large wooden walls and palisade - as they are meant to work together. We didn`t expect players to afford Large wooden walls right away (we might make it so if player builds large wooden walls, palisade is build as well for free automatically)