PDA

View Full Version : New race ideas? :)

Lexalive
02-21-2012, 12:32 PM
I hope when Reverie World Studios is done fixing the most important bugs! Maybe they could add a new race! Leave suggestions! :D

What i am thinking of is maybe a Dwarven race!

buddhist23
02-21-2012, 03:07 PM
theres already dwarves...

Lexalive
02-21-2012, 04:44 PM
theres already dwarves...

.....( A race you can build with, make an army, etc) example human:p

Blizzy
02-22-2012, 08:22 PM
in the game lore dwarves dont make fortresses, the highest they get is mining camps

if im not mistaken

BIGBABA19
02-23-2012, 08:27 AM
dwarves, and an undead or demon class would be a good edition down the road. dont know if it would saturate the game or not. designers call.

rocketfury28
09-22-2014, 07:09 PM
maybe a race that kind of uses a bunch of units from each other race like the united order or something that's trying to unite all the races together. that would be pretty neat.

ReCoder
09-22-2014, 07:49 PM
In the future please put suggestions in the correct forum, thank you.

Brian Shingles
09-24-2014, 11:52 AM
maybe a race that kind of uses a bunch of units from each other race like the united order or something that's trying to unite all the races together. that would be pretty neat.

I actually suggested something similar but a bit more sinister when we were discussing expansion options a while back.

This is a cut-down version of what I pitched.

An option for another nation would be a mixed race empire that would re-use units and buildings from the existing races, with maybe a few minor changes/additions and a unique unit or two.

Shadow Empire
The Shadow Empire is based in the Beastlands/Bal Rattha and is comprised of Goblins, Ogres, Minotaurs and their Human Slaves led by Shadow Elf masters (Elves who have embraced Darkness)

Units
Elite - Bladestorm (Shadow Elf version)
Primary Melee - Minotaur
Secondary Melee - Goblin Sword
Primary Ranged - Hobgoblin Hunter (Marauder re-texture/re-model) or Shadow Hunter (Ranger)
Secondary Ranged - Goblin Archer
Primary Cavalry - Mounted Goblin Sword (on Ogre or wolf mount)
Secondary Cavalry - Mounted Goblin Archer (on Ogre or wolf mount)
Siege (Wall) - Siege Ladder
Siege (Gate) - Grinder (Ogre driven) or miniature Shadow Treant re-purposed as gate busters
Siege (Ranged) - Tosser
Worker - Slave (re-use Peasant, bloody texture?)
Drop Off/Caravan - Ogre Cart (Ogre pulling a horse cart) or Wolf Cart (enlarged Wolf pulling a horse cart)
Magic - Warlock (Shadow Elf version)
Mount - Ogre/Wolf(enlarged)

Shadow Elves could be re-textured to look like Dark Elves from other settings or just have a shadowy particle fx attached

The main building would be the Elven settlement with three great trees surrounding it for Elven tree buildings to spawn the elite Shadow Elf units, with other buildings being a combination of Orc and Human designs (but free-placed like Orcs) and Human-like walls with elven and orcish banners.

Maybe if free-to-play does well, we get rid of most of the remaining bugs and the mixed race idea has support, then I might revive the idea next time we discuss possible expansions.