PDA

View Full Version : Party activities

LiTos456
03-16-2009, 11:23 PM
Are there any activities you can do in the game with your friends/allies besides battling an enemy together? You know such as quests, maybe some other stuff... It would be fun to interact with your friends in some ways and work together for something often. Because big battles won't happen as often, maybe once a week or so... I mean it takes time to rebuild, etc. And you really have to prepare for them.
So yeah, in between those, what is there to occupy yourself with?

Irsig
03-17-2009, 10:08 AM
maybe trade resouces with your friends but i think is not much fun like kill orks in big battles:D

Joseph Visscher
03-17-2009, 12:17 PM
Are there any activities you can do in the game with your friends/allies besides battling an enemy together? You know such as quests, maybe some other stuff... It would be fun to interact with your friends in some ways and work together for something often. Because big battles won't happen as often, maybe once a week or so... I mean it takes time to rebuild, etc. And you really have to prepare for them.
So yeah, in between those, what is there to occupy yourself with?

A week to get into battle? once your in the game with your stronghold and your a higher level, it wont take a real human "week" to get into battle with larger armies or rebuild after being defeated. The game has its own time, day night cycle, weather system and seasons. 10080 real seconds is 1 in game week, which is 168 real minutes, which is 2.8 real hours.

Co-op quests with your friends sounds very good in my ears, other than that I won't comment.

LiTos456
03-17-2009, 01:58 PM
I really hope there will be co op quests...if not then I hope you add them later... I mean that would be so fun to do.
Wait, 2.8 hours?! That means night and days will pass in minutes! I mean I won't have time to enjoy the sights of day and night, and for example I'm a day person so I usually like to play online games when it's day, or at least it lasts more, but this way they'll keep going back and forth really fast...but oh well.

Andy Joslin
03-17-2009, 02:56 PM
24 minutes per day.

LiTos456
03-17-2009, 03:28 PM
But still, what else there is to do? There are single player quests in the mmo mode right?

Esculas the Mighty
03-17-2009, 06:08 PM
maybe trade resouces with your friends but i think is not much fun like kill orks in big battles:D

haha there nothing like killing your enemies in battle in general

i like playing rts games when its dark in game

Irsig
03-17-2009, 07:11 PM
that of the co-op quest sonud realy good

szebus
03-18-2009, 02:42 AM
If 1 in game week is 2.8 real hours, then a building what takes to construct 2 weaks, will be ready after 5.6 real hours, but some manage to play 3 hours a day, then the construction will be ready in the online time or it will construct in offline mode to ?

MrBlack103
03-18-2009, 04:16 AM
Given the world is persistent, I'd guess things continue to be built while you are offline.

raving
03-18-2009, 04:21 AM
Given the world is persistent, I'd guess things continue to be built while you are offline.
i think the same, and i love the idea of co up missions, when i played ra3 and could play it with my mates i was thrilled:).

LiTos456
03-18-2009, 06:46 AM
Playing a co op mission in battleforge for the first time with some kid who had to go somewhere with his mom was fun. Yeah it was.

Grizzlez
03-18-2009, 01:13 PM
I like the idea of co-op quests, playing on your own all the time could get pretty boring and repetitive and nothing beat's messing around with your friends online.

MrBlack103
03-19-2009, 12:51 AM
I was just thinking - in a lot of MMORTS games, online activity resricts coordinated movement of armies by allied players. How about make an option of letting trusted players have (limited to an adjusted extemt) control over your armies? For example, you are to be one of the armies attacking so-and-so player's base. You hand over control to whoever is in charge of the attack, so all armies attack at once. It would also be great if "guild-camps" were implemented (more than one army camping in the same spot). These ideas would stimulate different players in the guild having different priority jobs. For example, Guildmaster sets some players to concentrate on building armies and sending them to designated rally points for the players who have been tasked to commanding armies. *dreams of an entire guild's coordinated army owning a bunch of smaller, disorganised armies*:rolleyes:

Andy Joslin
03-19-2009, 06:24 AM
No one but you is going to control your army, sorry.

However, the other ideas might be workable.

LiTos456
03-19-2009, 06:50 AM
yeah, that's what teamwork is for.
Maybe there will be voice chat

raving
03-19-2009, 11:19 AM
I was just thinking - in a lot of MMORTS games, online activity resricts coordinated movement of armies by allied players. How about make an option of letting trusted players have (limited to an adjusted extemt) control over your armies? For example, you are to be one of the armies attacking so-and-so player's base. You hand over control to whoever is in charge of the attack, so all armies attack at once. It would also be great if "guild-camps" were implemented (more than one army camping in the same spot). These ideas would stimulate different players in the guild having different priority jobs. For example, Guildmaster sets some players to concentrate on building armies and sending them to designated rally points for the players who have been tasked to commanding armies. *dreams of an entire guild's coordinated army owning a bunch of smaller, disorganised armies*:rolleyes:

i like ur ideas goddamn ... * starts dreaming of guild coordinated army too ><

Grizzlez
03-25-2009, 01:54 PM
No one but you is going to control your army, sorry.

However, the other ideas might be workable.

Perhaps a unit tribute would be better, so you can give your ally some of your units-to both help him defend if he needs it and to also attack-but they cannot be returned afterwards. Would also allow two players of different races playing together to use units not normally avaliable.

Andy Joslin
03-25-2009, 02:04 PM
Oh yeah, definitely. You can transfer resources and/or units between armies.

Kell Aset
03-25-2009, 02:14 PM
Between armies or castles of same player?

The Witch King of Angmar
03-25-2009, 03:14 PM
I'd think so, yes. Since things aren't sure yet for party activities, I'd assume you'd be the only one in charge of your units.