PDA

View Full Version : Philosophy of your Life

Sunleader
02-07-2012, 08:30 AM
Found that on another Forum
And I tought its pretty Interesting :P

http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=13060

The Link is leading to a Small Panel of Questions
Which can be Answered and will give you an Result showing your Inclination on Different Philosophys

Pls note the Question are Asked very Generally
The Answer is not Concrete

From the Right to the Left the Choises are

Most Right = I Fully Agree with that Statement
Second from Right = I Agree but there are Exceptions
Middle Right = I dont Agree to this but dont think its wrong either
Middle Left = I dont like this but I dont Oppose it as well
Second from Left = I Disagree but there are Exceptions
Most Left = I Completly Disagree

You Scored as Justice (Fairness)Your life is guided by the concept of <b>Fair Justice</b>: Everyone, yourself included, should be rewarded and punished according to the help or harm they cause. <br><br>"He who does not punish evil commands it to be done." <br>--Leonardo da Vinci <br><br>“Though force can protect in emergency, only justice, fairness, consideration and cooperation can finally lead men to the dawn of eternal peace.” <br>--Dwight D. Eisenhower <br><br>More info at <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Arocoun">Arocoun's Wikipedia User Page...</a>

Justice (Fairness)
100%

Existentialism
75%

Utilitarianism
65%

Hedonism
65%

Strong Egoism
45%

Nihilism
40%

Kantianism
30%

Apathy
10%

Divine Command
0%

Well
The Quotes are Pretty much Matching my Thinking :P
So I guess the Result was not that Surprising ^^

Joseph Visscher
02-07-2012, 10:24 AM
Justice (Fairness)
95%
Divine Command
95%
Strong Egoism
55%
Hedonism
50%
Apathy
35%
Utilitarianism
25%
Existentialism
20%
Kantianism
15%
Nihilism
10%

Funny little quiz. I really don't see how 25 or so questions can even begin to attempt to define a person honestly. Human brain is much to complex, maybe 2000 or so questions maybe would be slightly accurate.

Sunleader
02-07-2012, 10:56 AM
Well
Its not meant to give an Exactly Detailed View of your Believs
It only shows how far your Decisions are matching the General Views of those Philosophys statet there
Not more and not Less :)

But I think its Interesting to do such Tests once in a while
Seeing how far they Match my Own Picture I have about Myself
And of course I am also always Interested how the People Around me Score on such Tests :P

While it might not be an Detailed Character Biography
it still gives some Idea on what other People Believe :)

szebus
02-07-2012, 11:14 AM
Fun fun fun

You Scored as Existentialism

Your life is guided by the concept of Existentialism: You choose the meaning and purpose of your life.

“Man is condemned to be free; because once thrown into the world, he is responsible for everything he does.” - Jean-Paul Sartre
“It is up to you to give [life] a meaning.” - Jean-Paul Sartre
“It is man's natural sickness to believe that he possesses the Truth.” - Blaise Pascal

Existentialism 75%
Justice (Fairness) 60%
Kantianism 55%
Hedonism 50%
Utilitarianism 50%
Divine Command 40%
Strong Egoism 25%
Apathy 10%
Nihilism 5%

They forgot szebusianism :D

selridion
02-07-2012, 11:23 AM
Your life is guided by the concept of Existentialism: You choose the meaning and purpose of your life.
“Man is condemned to be free; because once thrown into the world, he is responsible for everything he does.”
“It is up to you to give [life] a meaning.” --Jean-Paul Sartre
“It is man's natural sickness to believe that he possesses the Truth.” --Blaise Pascal

Existentialism
100%
Hedonism
75%
Strong Egoism
75%
Apathy
25%
Utilitarianism
25%
Kantianism
25%
Divine Command
0%
Nihilism
0%
Justice (Fairness)
0%

look at that im a selfish bastard ;)
but w8...
every living being on earth is selfish..
even if they help another in the process...
if im a living saint who does nothing but helping others and living for everything but myself
im still doing it because i want to do it that way
in other words i do it for myself...

there is no way around it :) think about it

god i hate tests like these...
way to generalized

ps

the high justice percentages sorta make me sad
i guess humanity is doomed...
cya guys at the apocalypse

Joseph Visscher
02-07-2012, 03:02 PM
But I think its Interesting to do such Tests once in a while
Seeing how far they Match my Own Picture I have about Myself

Seen as we are on the topic of Philosophy, how can you match a picture of yourself with only one conscious?
Rather how does your current Consciousness Define 'self'(Sub-Consciousness, Consciousness, and Soul) in clarity if it is not whole to begin with? If your Consciousness does not agree with your Sub Consciousness then 'I' is but a fragment of your 'Self'.
lol confusing isn't it, not sure if you will get what I mean but if you do then you will understand that this test is invalid and all tests like it because believe it or not what influences people the most in important thought patterns is not consciousness.

Ever hear of the saying: A part of me wants to do (Blah something here) but another part of me wants me to (blah) instead.....

Go ahead and tell me I'm a Schizo. ;) lol but honestly when deciding to do something its best to consult on all of your self before letting your consciousness act. Ever hear of the saying "Sleep on it?" I have and when you wake up, your Sub-Consciousness' influence on your Consciousness is known.

Heck I've gone to bed with math equations in my head that 'I' could not get at all, I'd wake up 5 am in the morning jump on it with the correct algorithm.
When people say we only use 10% of our brains, they are speaking about our Consciousness... How the hell do you expect it to define the other 90%?

Sunleader
02-07-2012, 03:28 PM
I have about 20 different toughts around in my Head when making Decisions
Primarily Thinking about Consequences, Results, Chances and actual Possiblitys of that Action

Especially in my Longer Textwalls people often find that a Word is missing
or that a Sentence was written half and then formed into another sentence

Which is mostly because I am thinking much faster than I can write and often change the Sentence inside my Head several times before its actually written :P

I am very Self Conscious about this :P
When I analyze myself
I will usually have at least 6 toughts

What do I want to do
What will I try to do
What will I manage to do
How well will I manage to do something
What will I do when I fail
What will happen if I fail

Now each of that Toughts will give me several lines
contradicting or denying each other or supporting the line :P

I can spend hours fighting myself over something when I try to analyze it carefully
because I tend to care for too many viewpoints :P

You should never send me into a Supermarket
I am one of those People who will take Hours because each time I see another Item I will rething my whole Budget and If it might be useful to change my Plans on what to Buy :P

on top theres the question if you will actually do what you decided to do before

Crisis Management
I have been Victim of Robbery 3 Times in my Life
1. Time I Ran away :P
(I wantet to Fight but they were Bigger and made it pretty clever grabbing me up immediatly
so what I wantet to do and what I actually dared to were different :P)

2. Time I fought (and actually got trouble with the Police cause they said I used Volence beyond anything adequate for the Situation because I broke his Elbow and after that his knee even tough he was already not able to fight anymore .... not that I actually tought about that in the situation I wonder what those idiots think how considerate I am when someone attacks me lol )

3. Time I fought and had the other Guy run away in the End (He seems to have lost faith when he lost his knive)

Luckily non of them had a Gun
this might have gotten pretty bad otherwise ^^

In Each case what I actually did was very Different from what I planned to do
Therefore I know to a certain Point who I am :P
I realize the differences between what I will do and what I want to do :P

I never Planned anything for the First case of course
I never imagined this would happen lol

After it happened I planned for it
I planned to act Defensively take my contrahent down and then make a Run for it before he gets up again
But in the actual case I lost my Calm
I didnt feel like waiting for him to actually attack me
the moment he tried to grab me I took the Initiative and Attacked him instead of just Defending myself

But that also means I know how I will react
therefore the next time something like that happens I.ll be better prepared and it will be more likely that I.ll act as I actually want instead of losing my calm about it :P

But yes
in this Case I think I can Match up a Picture of Myself
I am the type to gather Viewpoints
In my Job we were often probed into evaluating our own Abilitys
And I was always matching with the neutral Evaluation of the Foreman :D

selridion
02-07-2012, 03:35 PM
lol that sounds like some obsessive behavior

i rarely get to writing text walls...
because i end up rewriting it constantly
in the end i come to the conclusion im making stuff to complicated
then i backspace it all and say something short :P

nobody likes text walls anyways its probably better to say something short and powerful
then in a 3 page dialog

its probably a good idea ill refrain from talking about my mind :P
its filled with pony's and rainbows
:P

ps..
lil off topic did that anonymous post get deleted ? :P

Dreamwalker
02-07-2012, 04:33 PM
Hmm...

Your life is guided by the concept of <b>Existentialism</b>: You choose the meaning and purpose of your life. <br><br>“Man is condemned to be free; because once thrown into the world, he is responsible for everything he does.” <br>“It is up to you to give [life] a meaning.” <br>--Jean-Paul Sartre <br><br>“It is man's natural sickness to believe that he possesses the Truth.” <br>--Blaise Pascal <br><br>More info at <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Arocoun">Arocoun's Wikipedia User Page...</a>

Existentialism
75%
Utilitarianism
65%
Kantianism
60%
Hedonism
45%
Justice (Fairness)
45%
Apathy
30%
Strong Egoism
25%
Nihilism
25%
Divine Command
5%

knightl
02-07-2012, 09:14 PM
You Scored as Utilitarianism
Your life is guided by the principles of <b>Utilitarianism</b>: You seek the greatest good for the greatest number. <br><br>“The said truth is that it is the greatest happiness of the greatest number that is the measure of right and wrong.” <br>--Jeremy Bentham <br><br>“Whenever the general disposition of the people is such, that each individual regards those only of his interests which are selfish, and does not dwell on, or concern himself for, his share of the general interest, in such a state of things, good government is impossible.” <br>--John Stuart Mill <br><br>More info at <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Arocoun">Arocoun's Wikipedia User Page...</a>

Utilitarianism
100%
Hedonism
90%
Existentialism
70%
Justice (Fairness)
60%
Nihilism
50%
Kantianism
35%
Strong Egoism
30%
Apathy
25%
Divine Command
0%

well thats um surprising

Gruber12
02-07-2012, 10:32 PM
mine can be summed up "Dont be a ****: :D

selridion
02-09-2012, 06:45 PM
i just did the test again and managed to influence the score to what i wanted the outcome to be :P
yay im a follower of god who has to much apathy with everything and rather pleases others then himself
im a depressing person aswell...

i still don't like justice tho because... its trademarked by americans so... im not allowed to like it
"look were it brought them..."

it was a fun challenge

knightl
02-09-2012, 09:45 PM
i liked this test and i learned that me being a total greedy money hungry man makes me care for others more :)

buddhist23
02-09-2012, 11:10 PM
i just did the test again and managed to influence the score to what i wanted the outcome to be :P
yay im a follower of god who has to much apathy with everything and rather pleases others then himself
im a depressing person aswell...

i still don't like justice tho because... its trademarked by americans so... im not allowed to like it
"look were it brought them..."

it was a fun challenge

you speak true words

ReynaK
03-22-2012, 08:44 AM
I can't call it my philosophy but I prefer not to worry about anything in life as worrying is not only useless but also can ruin the situation.
This is a lesson I got from my life.

________
Mkv to avi freeware (http://freemkvtoaviconverter.com)

rihana
12-19-2012, 12:12 PM
I always believe on God who is great creator of every thing. God Who creates a human with a clot of blood. Who creates a big tree from a small seed.God is the name of love who gives the sense to human so that they think about his creations and thanked Him. you can think there is nothing without Its Creator every single thing is related to God of universe.