PDA

View Full Version : Help Me

66Slipknot66
02-03-2012, 12:57 AM
So why can't I install it??!!

knightl
02-03-2012, 01:05 AM
have you tried to press install?

jokes aside please be more detailed with what you have done so far for etc have u downloaded it or have you downloaded it but its not working

theskeletonking
02-03-2012, 02:57 AM
Why dont i use my crystall ball and then i can see why it doesn't work? Why would anyone post a message like this without any actual details? A-tard!!!

knightl
02-03-2012, 05:05 AM
^ what he said is true but worded a bit differently

if its an error tell us

if you don't have a link ask for one

link- http://dofgame.com/download/InstallerGMC2.rar

Joseph Visscher
02-03-2012, 09:03 AM
So why can't I install it??!!

1. Is it the updater itself or is it the first install package or is it the game cannot start?
2. what OS are you using?
3. system specs?

66Slipknot66
02-05-2012, 02:27 AM
I am not an idiot. But this channel for support is all but unusable!

most gaming companies have a dedicated support staff with email or chat support

66Slipknot66
02-05-2012, 02:29 AM
I have done this, and now I have to search for a .rar unzipper! Why don't you use zip like everyone else?? I bet my install problem is directly related to this stupid archive method!!

66Slipknot66
02-05-2012, 02:31 AM
is the best way to run a business??

knightl
02-05-2012, 02:41 AM
you mean you don't have winrar?

*R.I.P* 2012 gaming for you

Alex Walz
02-05-2012, 02:42 AM
Please try and have a little patience. We are a very small team trying to provide a great experience at a low cost, but this means that we're unable to offer live support with our subscription-free model.

You can download WinRar for free if you cannot open the file: http://www.win-rar.com/download.html

66Slipknot66
02-05-2012, 02:51 AM
What is wrong with that?

I have never even heard of winrar!

Alex Walz
02-05-2012, 02:54 AM
.rar is a popular compression format similar to .zip, but slightly better. The download is quick and simple, and then you should be all set to play. :)

66Slipknot66
02-05-2012, 02:56 AM
It is the install I'm having problems with, which you will see if you read my PM reply!

Alex Walz
02-05-2012, 02:58 AM
I'm afraid I don't have anything from you in my inbox.

66Slipknot66
02-05-2012, 03:02 AM
I already paid for your game!

Alex Walz
02-05-2012, 03:03 AM
The free trial will work: http://www.win-rar.com/download.html

66Slipknot66
02-05-2012, 03:06 AM
The install stalls at being unable to find a file!

It took me a half hour to learn how to read this PM!

Why is this all so convoluted and hard??!!

Send me an email at mrbig_sings_blues@comcast.net

please

Dot net installs fine again and again, on subsequent attempts it just "repairs" but runs fine

The windows installer 4_5 directory only gives XP and Server 2003 executables! I have Windows 7!

There are two files in the archive: Windows6.0-KB958655-v2-x64

and Windows6.0-KB958655-v2-x86 both with .MSU extensions! trying to run either of them only opens further archives with no executables!

Running DawnOfFantasyInstaller.MSI only produces this error about halfway through:
Source File Not Found:
c:\Users\Ernest\appdata\Local\temp\7ZOAD6F.tmp\Mai n.
Verify that file exists and that you can access it!

And of course it does not exist!

I don't know what to do next!

Ernie

66Slipknot66
02-05-2012, 03:09 AM
That "free trial" is not free is requires purchase of another product or pay for winrar!

Neinth
02-05-2012, 07:45 AM
You need to chill.Your the one making this much harder than it needs to be,and in multple threads.

I have windows 7,and 7-zip as well.

Now,did you extract everything,or just a single file? Check folder,make sure it has 2 folders,and 4 files.If so,read on,if not,you didnt extract everything so do that first,then read on.Opening the archive in 7-zip and clicking setup isnt gonna cut it.

Inside of that folder you extracted,is a file called "setup" double click it,let it do its thing.If it works,read on,if it doesnt work,post here with the exact error.

Now,from what i gather from your posts its not installing,and it sounds to me as if you havent extracted all the files correctly.But its really hard to tell,because you keep refusing to answer any questions about the exact nature of your issue.

So do these two things,even if you already did them.And hopefuly next time you post,its either to say "hey thanx i got it" or some actual information on whats happening so we can help you.

Also,never had to pay for winrar in my life.....

I also get the distinct impression your trying to use the FOLDER named window installer,you want to use the FILE named "setup"

Joseph Visscher
02-05-2012, 10:30 AM
That "free trial" is not free is requires purchase of another product or pay for winrar!

you just click on continue when that windows pops up, it asks you to buy it thats it, it does not actually demand you to do so.

I sent you a pm again please post your specs, but listen to neinth's reply above its very good. make sure you've extracted all of the files.

66Slipknot66
02-05-2012, 02:11 PM
This "You need to chill.Your the one making this much harder than it needs to be,and in multple threads." did not help me.

This "Now,did you extract everything,or just a single file? Check folder,make sure it has 2 folders,and 4 files.If so,read on,if not,you didnt extract everything so do that first,then read on.Opening the archive in 7-zip and clicking setup isnt gonna cut it." did!

When a person comes for help, they don't need to be criticized.

My problem was trusting the 7-zip explorer window to actually be an explorer window. It is not. It is a self contained shell, so even though it showed a successful extraction, it was not the good place to do a setup from.

When I finally located the extracted directories and files with Windows Explorer, the setup was successful, and yes the CD key installed correctly.

Thanks for your help.

Just as a small piece of advice, there is a maxim in business that has served all industries and successful concerns for centuries. "The customer is always right, even when he is wrong!"

You calm down a person who is upset, you do not criticize and berate him.

Just saying.......

Thanks again for your help,
Ernie

Joseph Visscher
02-05-2012, 04:21 PM
I'm glad everything worked out, lesson learned.

Ernie I agree with you but also neinth, the first comments you made to us made it literately impossible to help you at all, just next time relax don't worry and nicely explain the issue your having and the issue will be resolved a lot quicker than any other way.

The forums are still at your disposal for any other issues or questions you endure. Hope you figure out the game, the learning curve may be quite large if your not a RTS player, and most of all hope you enjoy it, we are working on in game tutorials soon, so if your absolutly new, just keep hitting it and asking questions, but the tutorials are coming.