buddhist23
01-30-2012, 01:36 PM
So it's monday and uhhhh patch yet?

rollando
01-30-2012, 01:44 PM
you know the music, wait and see ;)

Joseph Visscher
01-30-2012, 03:30 PM
patch list keeps growing, we are behind with co-op due to focusing on new pathfinding and socal chat features. and get rid of some really nasty bugs and bad game balancing.

bgardner104
01-30-2012, 03:52 PM
sounds like fun

buddhist23
01-30-2012, 03:53 PM
I'm dying here.

Joseph Visscher
01-30-2012, 05:29 PM
Fine, here is the patch list preview, still adding to it.

This is my listing of patch notes, does not include work from other people working in co-op or chat features. Just what I've done so fair.

Patch # 1.1.9

:::::Major Fixes and Additions:::::
-All Dragons are now killable on level 8. (inc event dragons)
-Dragons that are under level 8 do not reset skills or level when they respawn.
-All Player Dragons that are killable and die become lootable in Wealth at 25% their cost.
-Fixed issue with game getting stuck while trying to connect if your defending in PvP.
-Balanced npc town resource trading, it will not be profitable until we add dynamic markets.
-Fixed issue with Cannon Grape Shot where it used wrong weapon damage.
-Fixed issues and polished Homeland Resource Storage Cap.
-Fixed issue in quests where npcs sometimes play idle animation while moving.
-Fixed gamebreaking errors to do with Area Point Buttons such as Trebuchet's Attack Area.

:::::Minor Fixes and Additions:::::
-Improved world map cloud effects. May flicker very rarely.
-Fixed visual glitch in graphics options with 'Extras' text overlapping.
-Fixed issue with Dwarf Formations needing human tech. Unlocked right from start.
-Fixed issue with stamina displaying incorrect amount.
-Fixed issues with worker voice overs playing wrong ones on different tasks.
-Fixed issue with Dwarf Miners income not displaying correctly.
-Health stat changed to average health of current members living.
-Added health stat of a percent of battalion's overall health.
-Fixed issue with Elves not having first 10 buildings build faster as other races do.
-Fixed issue where destroyed palisade walls where still impassible.
-Viewing npc towns will properly remove fog, as before it would build up from last scenes.
-1 Wolf Pack will now respawn in all homelands randomly.
-Numerous very tiny fixes.

:::::Balance Changes:::::
-Dragons start out with slightly higher health. Event Dragons have quite a bit more health.
-Red Dragon now costs 80 Wealth from 86.
-Green Dragons now costs 40 Wealth from 52.
-Dwarven Axemen now cost 8 Wealth from 6.
-NPC Black Dragon loot changed to 4000 gold.
-NPC Red Dragon loot changed to 2000 gold.
-NPC Green Dragon loot changed to 400 gold.
-Ice Dragon loot set to 80 Wealth
-Haunter Dragon loot set to 80 Wealth
-Dragon fireball ability range reduced to 1000 from 1500
-Dragon abilities' cost in Stamina increased.
-Storage Cap default is now 5000.
-Maximum Storage with Population and Techs is 12000 resources.
-Storage Techs prices greatly increased.
-Healing Potions on elite units changed to 100 stamina, heals 300 health over 1 minute.
-Healing potion removed from Human Cavaliers and Elven Mounted Rangers
-Goblin Strength value increased, as high leveled goblins can do a lot of damage.
-Trample ability damage reduced for mounted units.
-Charging and Trampling Pike Infantry now does x5 damage than before.
-Mounted units cause x3 damage to ranged units and x4 to goblins.
-Foot Knights health is now 500 from 600, damage 100 from 150.
-Dwarf Miner mining rate increased 200%.
-Cannon's resistance to arrows increased greatly.
-Each pellet from Cannon Grape Shot now damages 400 piecing instead of 2000 crushing.
-Fully upgraded Gatehouses now have +5000 health from +2000 than default Gateways.
-Workers and Livestock in world map Army Camps now generate a lot less resources.
-Recruiting Mercenaries from npc towns now costs x2.
-Recruiting Mercenaries from npc towns can not be bought at levels above 5.
-Training troops to higher level in npc towns now costs x5 or greater.
-Heros can be trained at npc towns upto level 30 for extremely high costs.
-Dwarves can be trained at npc towns upto level 5 for a large cost.
-Cost of healing units at npc towns: 1 gold per 10hp, 10 gold per member revived.

buddhist23
01-30-2012, 05:59 PM

This is my listing of patch notes, does not include work from other people working in co-op or chat features. Just what I've done so fair.

Patch # 1.1.9

-All Player Dragons that are killable and die become lootable in Wealth at 25% their cost.
-Fixed issue with game getting stuck while trying to connect if your defending in PvP.
-Balanced npc town resource trading, it will not be profitable until we add dynamic markets.
-Fixed gamebreaking errors to do with Area Point Buttons such as Trebuchet's Attack Area.
-Undead Race Added

-Fixed issue with Dwarf Formations needing human tech. Unlocked right from start.
-Fixed issue with Elves not having first 10 buildings build faster as other races do.
-Viewing npc towns will properly remove fog, as before it would build up from last scenes.

-Dragons start out with slightly higher health. Event Dragons have quite a bit more health.
-Healing Potions on elite units changed to 100 stamina, heals 300 health over 1 minute.
-Goblin Strength value increased, as high leveled goblins can do a lot of damage.
-Each pellet from Cannon Grape Shot now damages 400 piecing instead of 2000 crushing.
-Fully upgraded Gatehouses now have +5000 health from +2000 than default Gateways.
-Workers and Livestock in world map Army Camps now generate a lot less resources.
-Cost of healing units at npc towns: 1 gold per 10hp, 10 gold per member revived.

yay the undead are here

Sunleader
01-30-2012, 09:19 PM
I am seriosly botheres by the Question if I should actually comment this pretty poor try on faking something ......

knightl
01-31-2012, 12:59 AM
espically when the real thing is right above and stop spreading rumours Buddhist please

buddhist23
01-31-2012, 02:22 PM
Get a joke.

Sunleader
01-31-2012, 03:00 PM
Matey
Such Jokes are dangerous
New Player often dont Read the whole Post

I didnt check the whole log
If I had not known from Before that Undead aint coming anytime soon I would only have looked at your faked Patch Log and might actually have believed that this is real one without checking the one higher up

This is not a Funny matter for a Dev or the CEO to explain a New Player hey mate we never said anything about Undead

I am not staffmember so I cant force you
but
It would be nice if you were to refrain of such Jokes

Greetz Sun

crazyb0b
01-31-2012, 04:20 PM
yay the undead are here

Troll gonna Troll.

Dreamwalker
01-31-2012, 04:57 PM
This will be one awesome patch! :D

By the way: can you loot your own dragon for wealth, if it dies?

Joseph Visscher
01-31-2012, 05:09 PM
This will be one awesome patch! :D

By the way: can you loot your own dragon for wealth, if it dies?

Yes you can, you can on the field or if you win the battle. The auto looting feature that states it will loot all bodies half way will actually loot player dragons 100% their worth of loot.

You can actually steal your enemies wealth even if you lose ingame, if he flys a dragon inside your stronghold, and you kill him, and begin looting him with workers. Workers will take a random amount of time to loot, so your enemy can stop you and kill your workers looting before you get it all. (between 0-30 seconds if I recall correctly.)

buddhist23
01-31-2012, 11:13 PM
Troll gonna Troll.

idiot being an idiot! look up what being a troll means! But if i look up idiot- your actions fall within the definition.

Joseph Visscher
02-01-2012, 11:16 AM
idiot being an idiot! look up what being a troll means! But if i look up idiot- your actions fall within the definition.

3 day ban for being very annoying, trolling and starting flame wars.

Joseph Visscher
02-01-2012, 11:21 AM
3 day ban for being very annoying, trolling and starting flame wars. I am monitoring your static IP address if you account serf I will perm ban you.

Gave infraction to crazyb0b for trolling you about trolling...

Novakiller
02-01-2012, 10:17 PM

Patch # 1.1.9

I think this could be a good patch indeed, but my main concern is the dragons, most of the changes i like, and probably a much needed change as well with people having "Dragons Only" armies, but i feel that with the event dragons like the ones we got for halloween and the ice dragon, i think it would be extremely harsh to loose such a 1 chance item, now that my dragon is spawned as you have to spawn them when u spoke to your adviser, as apposed to it being just made available thru the market, its going to become very difficult to keep them alive eventually, would be a shame to loose them to some random pvp just because your moving on the map. Regular dragons that you can buy on the market i can agree with, not i really dont like "This" change comming to the only specialty items that we'll never get again. There wont be much point in using them.

knightl
02-02-2012, 04:27 AM
I think this could be a good patch indeed, but my main concern is the dragons, most of the changes i like, and probably a much needed change as well with people having "Dragons Only" armies, but i feel that with the event dragons like the ones we got for halloween and the ice dragon, i think it would be extremely harsh to loose such a 1 chance item, now that my dragon is spawned as you have to spawn them when u spoke to your adviser, as apposed to it being just made available thru the market, its going to become very difficult to keep them alive eventually, would be a shame to loose them to some random pvp just because your moving on the map. Regular dragons that you can buy on the market i can agree with, not i really dont like "This" change comming to the only specialty items that we'll never get again. There wont be much point in using them.

a way to fix this say if you are getting invaded and all your dragons are in there you can use a ability that makes the dragon "incubate" it will take about 2 minutes to cast but if interrupted will do massive damage to the dragon so it won't be used in middle of combat this way also it needs to be at full health this way if someone is invading you and you decide to not use your dragon but you know this guy will overpower you then you can save your dragon just to stop this exact case, also this part seems interesting

"-Heros can be trained at npc towns upto level 30 for extremely high costs."

that seems very nice but i don't envy the guy who has to spend all those skill points at once

Safey18
02-02-2012, 04:37 AM
Your serious your not letting us trade with npc's for profit? Even with the useless way that villagers gather resources? Well if you wanted to make me quit you have succeeded. /back to SWTOR

Safey18
02-02-2012, 04:43 AM
OMG WHAT!?!? You have made dragons kill able yet you are making them significantly weaker... Extra HP yes but a 33% reduction in range and an increase in stamina cost for abilities. Wow your destroying this game for me.

knightl
02-02-2012, 04:57 AM
Your serious your not letting us trade with npc's for profit? Even with the useless way that villagers gather resources? Well if you wanted to make me quit you have succeeded. /back to SWTOR

ouch this is sad to hear hope you come back (i have TOR its kinda boring for me)

knightl
02-02-2012, 05:05 AM
OMG WHAT!?!? You have made dragons kill able yet you are making them significantly weaker... Extra HP yes but a 33% reduction in range and an increase in stamina cost for abilities. Wow your destroying this game for me.

that was more of a balance issue (you can camp a green far from a wall and fireball the enemies base now imagine 10 royals doing that then you see why its reduced as archers cant reach them and if they could can't even damage them alot

Joseph Visscher
02-02-2012, 09:56 AM

until we create a dynamic economy, the profit of any sort from 60 horse carts is to exploitative, people have made million gold in only a few days. it is pathetic. Having the game's economy completely broken is the game breaker as it takes you out of immersion.

Making your vast armies of mercenaries a little harder to get will improve gameplay not destroy it. There is much more imersion involved with training your own troops from your homeland, leveling them up and having them win or lose a battle than a bunch of level 8 army you just bought at dagbor for 21,000 gold.

Having a dragon siege your stronghold endlessly with fireballs that out range everything in game is hardly balanced.

The only reason why I think this ruins the game for you is because you have no workers and just trade carts and you have dragon only armies everywhere and your tactics involve the ones we are removing?

Anyways hope you come back later on games going to be great when the game does not have endless resources endless wealth and endless dragons with a new pathfinding system.

Konstantin Fomenko
02-02-2012, 10:30 AM
You have made dragons kill able yet you are making them significantly weaker
Only the Fireball ability which everyone complained about was nerfed, overall we are increasing Dragon stats.

Your serious your not letting us trade with npc's for profit? Even with the useless way that villagers gather resources?
We plan to work on dynamic trading system right after pathfinding - so this is temporary. And right now trading between your town and NPC towns makes perfect sense. If you are in lets say Wold region with plenty of wood, you can sell excessive wood at various NPC towns to make a killing in gold.
However - as Joseph explained - with the old system it was possible to reach 30,000 gold with your army with-in 3 hours of starting the game.

Joseph Visscher
02-02-2012, 11:08 AM
However - as Joseph explained - with the old system it was possible to reach 30,000 gold with your army with-in 3 hours of starting the game.

more like +100k

szebus
02-02-2012, 11:21 AM
Hate to correct you but even 1.5795e+005 gold... okay, not only using the market :D

Safey18
02-02-2012, 05:12 PM
more like +100k

Tell you the truth I can make a mill gold in an hour easy. Never have but I just can't see myself going back to spending hours getting the resources, hours making the troops and then more hours leveling only to have the entire army wiped in 1 battle. What makes this game fun is the fighting, not the making of troops.

Also fireball is the ONLY thing that makes dragons even slightly powerful. HP won't matter cause once it's in range of an army it's dead. Fire wall doesn't matter because if your using it along with the dragons normal attack your too damn close and your dragon will die. AND now it's dead forever go figure?

Now your saying that being able to buy units easily is immersion killing. How exactly? If I'm a rich king with my own land and castle etc I should easily be able to afford a few armies here and there. What IS immersion and fun killing is never finding a PvP ever. Maybe if more people knew how to make gold fast there would actually be armies to contend with rather then the majority too scared to lose their army they have worked so hard on (understandable).

Now onto Joseph. I do have plenty of dragons actually but the amount of power they add makes it impractical to really have more then 1 in an army. That being said I haven't found a battle in a couple months that included my dragon as on the rare occasion I find a PvP it is at a low army strength. Also without being able to buy armies this game will suffer hugely. Troops SHOULD be easy to get so people can actually enjoy the best part of the game... Combat, instead of worrying about how 1 archer troop could die the entire fight.

crazyb0b
02-02-2012, 09:37 PM
Gave infraction to crazyb0b for trolling you about trolling...

Lol sorry for feeding him. Just got tired of how negative he seems to be in every single post he puts up.

knightl
02-02-2012, 11:10 PM
Lol sorry for feeding him. Just got tired of how negative he seems to be in every single post he puts up.

yeah its up to all of us to ignore people

buddhist23
02-04-2012, 12:11 PM

Tolerance goes a long way. Try being more positive with your negative posts next time bob. Fighting fire with fire only gets yourself burnt. That is, if your as inexperienced as I think you are.

Sunleader
02-04-2012, 12:33 PM
Buddhist
Dont get me wrong
I like people who say their mind
but the tone makes the music

Its fine if you Voice your Opinion
but theres several ways to Voice the Same Opinion

and you should maybe try to use another way then to aggritate people :P

My Grandfather always said this

Your Opponent will Always only hear the NO! in your Words
If you want to point something out try not to attack people or to pressure em
otherwise you wont get the response you want matey :P

selridion
02-04-2012, 01:57 PM
awemygosh sunleader
all that wisdom... make it stop ! i feel... so warm inside...
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO......!!!
:)

knightl
02-04-2012, 03:51 PM
sunleader is our english-non-man-loving da vinci

Joseph Visscher
02-04-2012, 03:56 PM
no point to keep this thread open anymore.

Patch will come in due time, hopefully early next week.

-Closed