PDA

View Full Version : Extreme Amount of Lag

Tomtensmage
01-17-2012, 12:53 AM
Hi!

I'm using a AlienWare M17x with an i7 and i5 processor aswell as a 1.5 GB GDDRS NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M and that's a incredibly good computer that handles Call of Duty, Star Wars: The Old Republic and games like that with out a single lagspike.
But when I play DoF it lags, literally, worse that anything I've seen before. Please do help me and explain why!

Cheers
Jack

Neinth
01-17-2012, 01:28 AM
Try disabling advanced logging m8 should help

Joseph Visscher
01-17-2012, 05:43 PM
Thats not right. Could you list more of your hardware specs as the ones you listed are a bit unclear you have a i5 and a i7?

Motherboard: ?
CPU: going to assume I5 2500k? Current CPU Freq ~ ghz
Video Card: 1.5 GB GDDRS NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M
RAM: including what DDR and mhz rate, if you have 2 gbs 667 mhz ram thats your problem right there, and your cpu would be performing maybe 1-5% of what it can do.
Harddrive: ?
Harddrive data transfer rate: ?

What type of lag is this, just constant lagspikes, lagspikes every now and than that freeze the screen for quite a long time, or is it a constant drain in FPS which may mean something is wrong with the video card.

With what you said your specs should be able to run the game unless your RAM is really messed up, and or harddrive.
How are loading times, does loading your homeland take like 4-8 minutes? Then it would be your harddrive data transfer rate or have some very badly damage harddrive sectors with part of the game being on one of these damaged sectors.
For testing your Harddrive I suggest using DiskSpeed32: http://software.vgrin.host56.com/diskspeed32/
Do a complete test and if you notice maga bad drops in performance in various sectors than your hardrive may possibly be at fault and inneed of repairs or replacement.

Also what is your OS? are you on XP 32 bit?

borres12
04-22-2012, 04:42 PM
I just bought Dawn of Fantasy today, I can run high quality games like SWTOR, or Modern Warfare 3, BF3 etc, yet when I got this game, I set ALL the graphics options to low or off, and it lags EVERYWHERE, in game, main menu, pause screen......I have Alienware M14x laptop, its Windows XP with dual core 2nd generation Intel Core Processor....I met both minimum and recommended requirements for this game to run so does anyone know what I can do to fix the lag?

I spent 30$ on this, and I would like to get the full use of this product, It really seems like a fun game, but I cant play it with all this lag.....help?

Jarno Montonen
04-23-2012, 02:13 AM
borres12, currently the game uses your desktop resolution, so if you have that set very high it could be the reason. Try turning it down while playing DoF?

Also, there's a performance update on the way.

borres12
04-23-2012, 02:29 AM
What do you mean, Im not a computer expert so could you clarify? Do you mean the 32/64 bit thing? Or is it something else entirely, Ive tried running the compatibility mode thing, I set it to Windows 2000, because that was one of the preferred requirement specs, but it still lags so much in the game....

Jarno Montonen
04-23-2012, 05:09 AM
Setting the resolution depens on your windows version. On Windows 7 you can set it by right clicking empty space on your desktop and selecting "Screen resolution" and then just selecting something lower on the Resolution drop down and clicking Apply. Try selecting something around ".... x 1000" for example.

On earlier versions of Windows I think there's no "Screen resolution" option, but just "Properties" when right clicking on the desktop. You should then be able to find the resolution settings somewhere in the window that opens.

Don't use the compatibility thing.

Silkjc
04-23-2012, 07:49 AM
I reported the exact same issue (see threads started by me) but got no official resolution. I managed to improve it by upgrading to the latest Radeon drivers, but it still isn't great. Its 100% a problem with the code, able to run games like Napoleon Total War on absolute max settings perfectly smooth.

Jarno Montonen
04-23-2012, 02:38 PM
We are absolutely aware that the game requires too much resources to be run smoothly, and it is our top priority to fix it. We are working on it right now!

But until then lowering the resolution should help you to atleast play the game :).

OrlandoKev
04-23-2012, 06:57 PM
i run 1920x1080 on 27" monitor and do deal with those long load times of quests and such, do you have a recommended setting i should try?

borres12
04-24-2012, 09:04 PM
Tried lowering my resolution....main menu doesnt lag, but when I select my castle in Kingdom Wars, it lags alot, and it still lags alot in game still <sigh>

Silkjc
04-26-2012, 04:12 AM
Yes, I found reducing graphics settings didn't seem to help at all. The game runs perfectly smooth for a few mins, then lags like crap for a few mins, then back to smooth and so on...
Amount of units selected, how much is on screen, etc. doesn't seem to change it.

Ereter
05-27-2012, 09:05 AM
Have such a problem. Lags - when too many objects, or when choose a pack of soldiers. Or without any reason )

WinXP SP2 x32
CPU - Pentium dual core 2.93
2 Gb memory
Nvidia geforce 210

Screen resol. - 1280x1024

Also want to ask you, maybe i can make some changes in GraphicsCaps.txt? Will it helps in lags-problem?

Konstantin Fomenko
05-27-2012, 03:26 PM
The problem is the Windows XP - there is a major performance problem with XP that we never got around to fixing (As only small number of players uses Win XP). Sorry, we will get around to fixing that eventually - but might take us a while.
Performance might improve for you in a week once we release pathfinding patch.

Ereter
05-27-2012, 10:44 PM
What OS is need? 7, Vista? Gentoo, maybe? :))

Константин, можно в личку чуть подробнее относительно проблемы с XP? Что с чем там плохо работает?
Может быть, операционку получится облегчить тем или иным способом. Все-таки, это актуальная проблема - малое число игроков на XP может быть следствием именно того, что игра на ней не работает как следует. Скажем, в России эта ОС весьма распространена.

ki adi mundi
05-28-2012, 07:25 AM
Setting the resolution depens on your windows version. On Windows 7 you can set it by right clicking empty space on your desktop and selecting "Screen resolution" and then just selecting something lower on the Resolution drop down and clicking Apply. Try selecting something around ".... x 1000" for example.

On earlier versions of Windows I think there's no "Screen resolution" option, but just "Properties" when right clicking on the desktop. You should then be able to find the resolution settings somewhere in the window that opens.

Don't use the compatibility thing.

this was very helpfull thankyou:D

Konstantin Fomenko
05-28-2012, 10:27 AM
Ereter - bug s DoF na XP nevozmono ispravit` samomu.:( And either Vista or 7 is good.

Ereter
05-28-2012, 10:53 AM
Not good :( Это лучшая стратегическая онлайн-игра из всех существующих - она должна идти на всех популярных ОС. So i`ll try Win7.

Vind
06-06-2012, 06:21 AM
Im expiriencing the same problems as people above, now that doesn't seem to be an issue when playing in my city (building, recruiting) but when there are battles included it usually finishes before i had my say in them, and if im lucky i win if not i need new army.

Since most of the game so far has involved questing that is OK.

I have Win 7 (no SP1)
Ati Radeon HD 5777 1GB
3 GB ddr
AMD dual procesor 2.6 GHz

From what i was able to see it is same as recommended configuration on the post.

I even turned all video options to low, no shadows and nothing was ticked in check-boxes, there was no improvement it is the same as when everything is set up on medium of high.

Now I've played Whicher with no problems, TERA (mmo) is running normally without lag. Resolution is "normal" as I don't have big screen. I even tried the lowest resolution possible to see if there was a difference. Nothing seems to help...

Any ideas?

roofus2652
02-07-2013, 04:52 PM
Did a developer really just say that few players use windows XP??? And this game is to go to steam?

Is this a joke? We MAY eventually get around to it?!?!?

How bout in sys requirements make sure you tell people that the game doesnt work with a 32 bit OS thats a pretty big deal......

If so few people use xp explain why when you look up this game in google this is one of the top links to a thread.....

Also havent heard any news on getting to steam, hows that going?

miklos1
02-07-2013, 06:37 PM
yes a dev did say that about 10 months ago. Most lag issues ive seen ppl have is with their settings. I have lag very rarely. try following the forum post on fixing your problems hopefully itll work for you like other.

Spielmann
01-27-2014, 12:10 PM
sorry my english is bad.

I have a constant problem with lags. my computer is able to run battlefield 3 with 64 players on a server on highest graphic quality totaly smooth. why wont dawn of fantasy work?
i have tried another mouse and i changed my screen resolution nothing helped. I also have the lowest graphic settings possible. the game is unplayable for me it lags all the time. i don't know what to do i realy enjoyed this game. at the beginning it was not laging but now when i have a bigger city its laging all time. even when my troops are on the World map and just walk from one city to another.

Please help me!

Wilffio
01-27-2014, 12:15 PM
do you play via steam? if you do then download our client instead.

/Wolf

Konstantin Fomenko
01-27-2014, 12:58 PM
Our client link, in case you couldn`t find it: http://dofgame.com/download/DoFInstaller.exe

Spielmann
01-28-2014, 12:49 PM
HAHA!

Thanks a lot yes the version on steam sucks. don't know why but now it's working:D.

Love you guys :cool:

Konstantin Fomenko
01-28-2014, 08:09 PM
Glad this helped. And I really wish I knew why. Our programmers are looking into this, hopefully we`ll have a solution with-in a week.