PDA

View Full Version : Stuck on Downloading Updater Update

Rutaq
01-13-2012, 09:57 PM
When I started the game I get the Dawn of Fantasy splash screen and a download bar that say "Downloading Updater Update..." The download bar fills up and the the screen flashes for a brief second and then the download bar clears and it fills up again, flashes, resets again,etc...

I let this loop for 15 mins but it never ended.

Any Ideas ?

I have, reinstalled .NET , uninstalled the game and removed the DoFUpdate folder, set all the applications in the DoF folder to run as admin but nothing seems to work :(

knightl
01-13-2012, 09:58 PM
When I started the game I get the Dawn of Fantasy splash screen and a download bar that say "Downloading Updater Update..." The download bar fills up and the the screen flashes for a brief second and then the download bar clears and it fills up again, flashes, resets again,etc...

I let this loop for 15 mins but it never ended.

Any Ideas ?

I have, reinstalled .NET , uninstalled the game and removed the DoFUpdate folder, set all the applications in the DoF folder to run as admin but nothing seems to work :(

It either is downloading alot or you will need the updated updater i will see if i can find it for you

Neinth
01-13-2012, 10:00 PM
would go into appdata and delete the dofupdater folder

then re-try,may or may not solve problem

knightl
01-13-2012, 10:03 PM
would go into appdata and delete the dofupdater folder

then re-try,may or may not solve problem

yeah that should fix it if not joseph will get that updater for you

Rutaq
01-13-2012, 10:08 PM
Thanks for the quick reply, I tried deleting the DoFUpdater folder and it was recreated and still is stuck looping on Downloading Updater Update....

Joseph Visscher
01-13-2012, 10:14 PM
Kon will have to help you in the morning, sorry for the inconvenience.

knightl
01-13-2012, 10:20 PM
wait i found this updater in my old thread see if this fixes

http://dofgame.com/updater/bin/Updater-2.1.0.0/UpdaterUpdate.exe

Rutaq
01-13-2012, 11:36 PM
THANKS !!!!

The Updater you linked worked like a charm !!!

Neinth
01-13-2012, 11:44 PM
nice knight

and glad that worked for you m8

knightl
01-14-2012, 04:53 AM
nice knight

and glad that worked for you m8

yeah i went digging around for that i remembered i had a problem like this on my laptop