PDA

View Full Version : Wtf

buddhist23
01-13-2012, 04:02 PM
Rage. Unhappy about promotion. Spent mucho moneys on game. unhappy <-- very unhappy

fireice22
01-13-2012, 05:03 PM
How is having more people playing a bad thing?

Neinth
01-13-2012, 06:02 PM
hehehe this made me smile.Look forward to see all the new faces in game.

knightl
01-13-2012, 06:07 PM
Yeah this is the new thing they were talking about the event they were planning and i have a little feeling this new feature is gonna be quite a pain in the butt for them as they're not built up

buddhist23
01-13-2012, 06:24 PM
people get game free. me bought game. me not happy

knightl
01-13-2012, 07:23 PM
people get game free. me bought game. me not happy

as reverie said before free players won't get the same as payed and guess who has the most crowns for expansions, not them :)

Neinth
01-13-2012, 07:57 PM
be glad you'll have more people to pvp with :>

Joseph Visscher
01-13-2012, 07:58 PM
Would you rather us die out and not be able to pay server payment and just turn off the game instead? We need to get the word out. Where to unknown and not enough people joining, once we pick up steam promos and free things will lessen a bit. not much.

buddhist23
01-13-2012, 08:04 PM
speaking of steam...STEAM!

szebus
01-14-2012, 06:06 AM
I'm a little confused ... what is the new promo and where I can find it ? :eek:

knightl
01-14-2012, 07:13 AM
I'm a little confused ... what is the new promo and where I can find it ? :eek:

its a free giveaway of 1000 dawn of fantasy's and its helped the playerbase heaps

crazyb0b
01-14-2012, 07:50 AM
as reverie said before free players won't get the same as payed

What do you mean by this?

I am pretty sure we get the same game, we are just a few months behind in progression and crown farming?

Sunleader
01-14-2012, 07:54 AM
Dunno
Maybe they get less start Crowns

But well whatever it is
I dont Mind if others get the Game for Free
I am Glad over any Measure that brings more People into the Game

knightl
01-14-2012, 08:01 AM

I am pretty sure we get the same game, we are just a few months behind in progression and crown farming?

i'll put two explanations up

short: we had it easier to build up you have a extra thousand+ players to invade you then we did

long:We have dragons higher level than your units, We know strategies, We have done more quests, We all knew each other very well and the list goes on.

but either way yeah we just progressed alot more than you have and it will be a fun challenge catching up

edit: not meant to offend any freebies im loving you all i haven't invaded like this for a long time

edit 2: We also have tons of crowns we can use for dlc's when they come out

karamot
01-14-2012, 09:06 AM
game is given for free now? its a shame

gg reverie...

buddhist23
01-14-2012, 09:44 AM
thank you karamot for not being a complete fanboy. From a consumer point of view, we got ripped.

Venatic
01-14-2012, 09:44 AM

When they are talking about this, it is for down the road in year(s) if the discussion would come up for a free type model. With the massively keys, it's the same as buying the game. At least I think so, but I could easily be wrong.

game is given for free now? its a shame

gg reverie...

Only a certain amount were given out for free (They were gone in hours); as the dev stated earlier in the thread it was to get the game/company name out there more.

From a consumer point of view, we got ripped.

From that consumer point of view, games should never go on sale because some people bought the game at full price (Or anything in the world that goes on sale and people buy it for full price).

karamot
01-14-2012, 10:25 AM
my dear,
long time ago i said reverie got a bad market strategy, selling a game incomplete.
i said was better put game for free with a good premium store, but nothing

game was bugged and until now it is, and trying sell a game incomplete sign a failure.
this is demonstrate that who bought game have difficulty to find enemy in pvp, players are low, and game is stagnant.

u cant attract players with a game like this if u put a payment, also if it is a one-time price

this change of strategy is offensive for all players who bought the game trusting into this company.
only 1000 keys? 1000 players got a free game that can freely delete soon.

there is nothing more to add, u failed with ur market strategy and now ur trying save what remain to save, good luck about it

Neinth
01-14-2012, 11:20 AM
Meh you guys remember when you where growing up and everyone told you you where special and unique and all that jazz?

Well your not,you never where,and probably never will be.You dont deserve anything,and your not entitled to shyte.Sorry to be the one to have to tell you.

Now that thats over,things change every day in this world.Prices,deals,bonus crap,discounts.Don't beleive me,go car shopping.You made the choice to purchase when you did,and thats not Reveries fault.

Does it make me a fanboi,not exactly,I actually knew what I was getting when I paid for the game,its called research.I dont go throwing my money around all willy-nilly,and neither should you.

And yes the game has bugs.I know their being fixed.You can either help fix them,by posting them in bug reports,or not.Complaining in chat and in wtf threads on the forums,aint gonna fix anything.

And for anyone who got the game for free,Gratz :>Personally i think thats an awsome promo

Sunleader
01-14-2012, 11:20 AM
Found a Company
Programm a Game

and show us how its done mate
after that we talk about Marketing Strategies :)

Guys dont get this Wrong

You can Paint anything Black

I could also just say your ****ed because you did not get the Game for Free while others did now.
Then Others might complain that they must now Play against people who had 6 months to prepare for them

In the End it doesnt matter

The Game needed Primarily one thing

Promotion
and they Accomplished that

1000 Game Keys have been given out and Hopefully each of em will tell 1 or 2 friends to buy the Game

As for the Rest
Sorry but you must be Blind

This Game is one of the Best in terms of Development

Most Games ignore Community and Release while Lying it was good
selling Bugs as Features and thus carry em for Years

In this Game I Followed quite Eagerly all Bugs I reportet
and Surprisingly they dissappeared over time

Unlike most Games they are Truly Working on this Game
They do not try to cover up Bugs and they never said the Game has no Bugs

And since you have not Reclamatet your Game
It seems your also not of that Oppinion......

But well thats another Story
Majority of Users is Happy to have new Challenges
And Unfortunately
Minority cant always be protectet

Greetz

karamot
01-14-2012, 11:38 AM
just fanboy comments......

to be honest u don't deserve other comments, u love this game? then go play and shut up, or answer saying concrete things, not just fanboy comments....

if u wanna blame me , free to do, but true is in another place...

have fun

Neinth
01-14-2012, 12:09 PM
hehehe suppose i'm supposed to get all angsty now for being called a fanboi?

The only blame i have put on you is for having your head in places it shouldnt be,life is one big unfair game.So you paid some money for a game,and someone else didnt,not much you can do about it.Hindsight is hell sometimes.

And i'm not gonna read a bunch of comments ripping a game I enjoy,and am actively trying to help get ironed out into what it should be,while not saying anything.The whole free speech and opinions work two ways :< we got yours,now move along.

If you do have such a huge issue,perhaps talk to one of the devs,if you feel so slighted.Rageing here on forums and basically insulting them,without even taking the time to understand what got the game here to start with,aint gonna help none.There are much better ways to deal with your perceived injustices.

Konstantin Fomenko
01-14-2012, 12:13 PM
I understand the hurt feelings - and to be honest I was worried we might alienate some customers. To be fair - if you have followed DoF you`ll know we have different promo each week - be it a price drop, special units, or promo event. Massively event was along these lines - and it was a 3 hour long event (demand was really high and they ran out really fast).

If somebody feels extremely bad about this (I noticed only a few people) please send me a Private Message with date of purchase (needs to be with-in 48 hours before the event) and we`ll see what we can do make you feel better (package of elite units and influence)

Also I would like to state that DoF is not going free to play. What we had last night was a 3 hour giveaway that brought us great publicity with Massively, and gave all our current players countless PvP targets:) I can`t confirm if we will have similar giveaways in the future, but if we do - these will be extremely rare and will bring us badly needed marketing and player base.

I`m really glad to see that majority of our players understand that Giveaways=$ for Reverie=More features and expansions for DoF + bigger community and PvP player base. Our company is fanatically dedicated to supporting DoF and every dollar we got after the release went straight back into production.

buddhist23
01-14-2012, 12:47 PM
hehehe suppose i'm supposed to get all angsty now for being called a fanboi?

The only blame i have put on you is for having your head in places it shouldnt be,life is one big unfair game.So you paid some money for a game,and someone else didnt,not much you can do about it.Hindsight is hell sometimes.

And i'm not gonna read a bunch of comments ripping a game I enjoy,and am actively trying to help get ironed out into what it should be,while not saying anything.The whole free speech and opinions work two ways :< we got yours,now move along.

If you do have such a huge issue,perhaps talk to one of the devs,if you feel so slighted.Rageing here on forums and basically insulting them,without even taking the time to understand what got the game here to start with,aint gonna help none.There are much better ways to deal with your perceived injustices.

fanboy comment is fanboy. My feelings toward this promotion are dying out anyway.

Sunleader
01-14-2012, 01:50 PM
Psychology says that when people Insult you (in this case as Fanboy)
and then say your wrong because your whatever they entitled you with
they have no more idea of how argue for their case

means you accept that you lost and thus give up on reasoning something that you accept as not reasonable yourself .....

but well lets leave Psychology out of this

so its Fanboy vs Grieferbabys hmm
Well Actually I dont mind that
I am a Fan of this Game

So how about I just return your way of Talking ?

You dont like the Game ?
Then just get lost!!!

If you got nothing constructive to say just keep your trap shut
making Griefer Comments about how bad everything is wont help anyone.....

if I am a Fanboy for Defending the Game
then your a Grieferbaby for Attacking it

dont get this wrong guys
Opinion is something Personal

If you start complaining because you dislike something
you also need to expect that theres people who conter your complains because they like it

And now put your Ears up you little Grieferbabys

You have Ignored any Point that was made
You keep Ignoring the Situation and Only Think about yourself
And you dont even Honor that the CEO of this Game Himself is trying to Console you

Instead you keep Insulting people and rattle on with your babbling like someone just made the World go to Armageddon

If you want to Cry then go to your Mamas Bosom and do it there

People in the Forum cant help you unless you accept help
so dont come here when your not interested in any offers of help to begin with .....

Greetz
ps I am sorry for being a little direct but some things need to be said straight .....

buddhist23
01-14-2012, 03:22 PM
Wow..someones seem overly angry. I'm not even going to bother reading this giant list of blah blah. First, I said my feelings towards this promotion are more or less "I don't care". Would you rather have me rage for days? Really, no one stays angry forever- not even me. No one is right and no one if wrong. It's ACCEPTABLE that some people such as myself will be UNHAPPY over the "free" promotion because they paid. It is ACCEPTABLE that fanboys such as yourself will defend their game. I don't know what your ranting about, but it sure seems like you're just spewing a lot of random bs Sunleader ( must be how you made your lore too)

you griefer

andreicde
01-14-2012, 03:41 PM
ok guys stop the flame war before joe steps in and start punishing people

Konstantin Fomenko
01-14-2012, 03:53 PM
Yap post closed:) Everybody got the point.

Joseph Visscher
01-14-2012, 04:45 PM
Aww i missed out.