PDA

View Full Version : Should I buy this game?

Kahnnal
01-12-2012, 09:56 PM
Greetings, friends.

I was torn on whether or not I should buy this game for a few reasons. I like the idea of an mmorts (obvs) but have some concerns as well. Perhaps the community can answer a few questions for me or give me that extra convincing I need.. :p

How is the player base?

Is there long-time value, aka. end game stuff to keep me busy?

Is the game FUN??

I'd love some feedback from the community, please share!!

buddhist23
01-12-2012, 10:14 PM
wait a day or two to see what their "macho" patch is before buying ;]

knightl
01-12-2012, 10:44 PM
yes you should

1.The player base is decent size more players will be joining very soon with their big marketing coming soon.

2.Long time value is mainly in pvp atm like the way you can crush everyone you see for a while then get owned by someone else forcing you to rethink and rebuild

3.yeah its fun and it doesn't get repetitive

if you're still unsure of whether or not to get it check out these channels on here (im on it so you know its great)

http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4750

Kahnnal
01-13-2012, 09:05 AM
Okay so from what I've seen the community is happy with the game and I think I will be too. Going to wait on ''ze macho patch'' before commiting. But for your guys sake, better hope I don't, for you will all fear my online status. :cool:

Anyways, thanks for the input thus far guys!

crazyb0b
01-13-2012, 04:03 PM
Massively.com is actually giving away 1000 free keys that were given to them by Reverie (thanks agian).

If you hurry, you MAY be able to snag one for free.

buddhist23
01-13-2012, 04:15 PM
Rage. unhappy about current promotion.

Revenger571
01-13-2012, 04:18 PM
They are just trying to get a larger player base. If you think of it it helps us out we will have more people that we can pvp.

bull****. i ****ing hate this ****. They could have given major discounts but ****ing 100% free..thats bull****. paying for a game and then other people get it for free and not even a month has passed. i am one ****ed off consumer.

buddhist23
01-13-2012, 04:22 PM
Rage. spent money on game. unhappy about promotion.

Kahnnal
01-13-2012, 08:50 PM
OH MY GOD.

I bought the game today when I could have just gotten it for free... dammmmmm... :mad:

^^ Me unhappy as well.

Neinth
01-13-2012, 08:55 PM
its horrible to laugh i know,but LMAO

I paid for it as well,but no complaints here.

Kahnnal
01-13-2012, 08:59 PM
Yeah Im not too upset over it... Afterall more money for the devs means better polish which in turn make me happy face :)

knightl
01-13-2012, 09:01 PM
Yeah Im not too upset over it... Afterall more money for the devs means better polish which in turn make me happy face :)

yep you're money could be the one that funded new homelands and thats a great thing to know

buddhist23
01-13-2012, 09:15 PM
still unhappy. Sad face for life.

Kahnnal
01-13-2012, 09:27 PM
Also for anyone looking at this post for information on whether or not to buy the game still, ill add in my quick 2 cents...

Orcs are super fun... Love the rts mix with mmo style questing and the lively atmosphere with all the building, working, looting, etc. going on at the same time. Dialogue is entertaining. The scenery is nice, especially the walls / structures.

I'm looking forward to PvP a lot, havent done any yet besides the skirmishes against AI so no comment on that. I hear good things tho as it is a huge point in the online mode.

If you like rts and mmo's i suggest you give it a try unless you really can't handle non- high budget studio graphics because you find them here. I hope what I've said will help some people make a decision, I for one am not regretting in the slightest and havin' fun! :D

Hope to see y'all on the battlefield!

crazyb0b
01-13-2012, 09:38 PM
OH MY GOD.

I bought the game today when I could have just gotten it for free... dammmmmm... :mad:

^^ Me unhappy as well.

That actually does suck, and I am sorry for you. I remember when I pre-ordered League of Legends a few days before they announced they were going f2p (still charged me), and the same thing happened with Global Agenda.

Guess that is the way the cookie crumbles.