kaitana
01-07-2012, 10:00 AM
the mouse does not appear in the game plz help me

knightl
01-07-2012, 05:32 PM
the mouse does not appear in the game plz help me

what type of mouse do you have?

Does it appear in other games fine?

and have you tried to restart your computer and see if it works then that might fix it

Squrl
02-06-2012, 10:38 PM
My mouse in non-existent too. Am gonna restart computer now and let u know.

Squrl
02-06-2012, 10:49 PM
Nope a restart didn't work. Win 7 64 bit problem?

knightl
02-07-2012, 01:19 AM
Nope a restart didn't work. Win 7 64 bit problem?

i doubt it as i run win 7 64b as well yet i haven't had issues.

When in-game (menu or something) press the start button (between ctrl and alt) then re-open that should at least bring the mouse up for a little while when a solution is worked on

Neinth
02-07-2012, 07:19 AM
You guys wouldnt happen to have magnifier open would you?

Any program running,like the windows magnifier,that tracks mouse movement outside of its "box" will cause the mouse to not show in a full screen app.

Squrl
02-07-2012, 10:32 PM
No the window button (between the ctrl and alt) was the first thing I tried, and it didn't work.

I don't have a magnifier seeing as I have a wireless set up.

Maybe the mouse driver for my wireless? I will test that theory tomorrow.

Neinth
02-08-2012, 07:24 AM
I don't have a magnifier seeing as I have a wireless set up.

I do believe you misread me m8.Windows magnifier,is a program,it opens a box and magnifies surrounding area based on where the mouse is.

I would suggest opening task manager,and listing off all the programs you have running,pretty sure one of them is causing your problem.

Joseph Visscher
02-08-2012, 08:57 AM
my father has weird issues with his wireless mouse, but it has to do with clicking not the mouse itself. I agree with neinth it is most likelky a problem with your program setup, you could also try different mouse options in control panel.

Squrl
02-08-2012, 07:51 PM
Ok so far I have turned my mouse to bare bones. No aero, slower speeds, to no avail. My list of programs looks normal to me,
Firefox,
plug in container for firefox,
uTorrent,
Consol windows host,
windows task manager,
PC tune-up,
Java se binary twice,
nvidea,
gamestop now,
task scheduler,
host processes,
and 3 that don't have names.

I still am gonna try a different mouse but I doubt it will work.

knightl
02-08-2012, 09:07 PM
try changing the resolution down

Konstantin Fomenko
02-09-2012, 08:53 AM
Hello, I've done more research on this - and it's either one of these problems.

1) you need to upgrade your direct x
2) you need to upgrade Microsoft .net framework
3) your house uses a special program accelerator that you will need to disable in the control panel/mouse options
4) you can try using another mouse - thatmight actually help

Neinth
02-09-2012, 09:38 AM
If Kon's idea doesnt work,I;d start with disabling the "pc-tuner" and the three programs without names...........cuz thats really not normal m8

Squrl
02-09-2012, 04:39 PM
So a different mouse didn't do a thing. The cursor is still stuck on the river just a little sw of the bridge. Dang it this sucks! I haven't even got to play it yet.

Neinth
02-09-2012, 07:17 PM
My mouse in non-existent too.

Is you mouse stuck,or is it invisible? their two completly different issues m8.

Squrl
02-10-2012, 09:47 PM
DirectX was just updated, My framework is up to date, my mouse has no accelerator, the other mouse didn't work either.

The mouse cursor is stuck, but I have an invisible mouse.

Basically the picture of the mouse stays in one place but if I move the mouse around I can see it highlighting the menu buttons. Without the cursor moving from its location in the bottom left courner of the screen.

knightl
02-10-2012, 09:48 PM
try run it in compatibility mode

Squrl
02-11-2012, 01:16 AM
I tried compatibility mode and it didn't work. Tried changing the resolution lower and that didn't work. Smashed my head against the wall when I set my icons to medium instead of large and it worked. Just before I got this game I got a 22" monitor, I set the icon and print size to large. Got this game and it didn't work, well now don't I feel like an idiot. Thanks for your help and I hope my mistake will help someone else.

;)

knightl
02-11-2012, 02:29 AM
ah lol im surprised no-one guessed that one well have fun in game

Neinth
02-11-2012, 08:56 AM
I set my icons to medium instead of large and it worked

Wouldnt have ever guessed that,glad you got it though m8

Squrl
02-11-2012, 03:57 PM
Lol I think I will have fun. Just have to get a handle on the game now.

slayar
02-12-2012, 08:24 PM
i have the exact same problem...cant play it because on the very first loading screen the mouse pointer is frozen to the screen....this has been going on for a month...ive tried reinstalling it and a different mouse...no luck....ive tried everything..help....

slayar
02-12-2012, 08:35 PM
my all time favorite pc game and i cant even play it anymore....i just recently upgraded to windows 7...was able to play it for awhile...then the mouse pointer froze on the very first loading screen...mouse works in the background unseen...help....ive reinstalled it many times...help...help.....

Squrl
02-12-2012, 11:49 PM
.mouse works in the background unseen...help

Change your icon size to medium or small. Right click desktop, go to screen resolution, click the "Make the text and other items larger or smaller" link, set to medium or small.

That's how I fixed it. I am now on medium where as before I was on large.

Hope that helps, if not I can't help u.

Good Luck