PDA

View Full Version : Patch # 1.1.6 - Back to Work!

Konstantin Fomenko
01-03-2012, 04:20 PM
The first patch of the new year is here! Today's patch introduces an extensive Wiki database available from the in-game Help menu, improved unit selection and tasking tools, new chat options, player profile menu, and dozens of fixes including solutions for excessive skill points and faulty Haunter Dragon promo codes. This patch is a precursor to another great patch right around the corner which will feature advanced NPC town diplomacy and trade relations, improvements to the player profile window, and a PvP ranking system! Stay tuned for all this and more!

Patch is LIVE!

Patch # 1.1.6

:::::Major Fixes and Additions:::::
-Removed Xmas Event
-Added extensive Wiki page with walkthrough - available from the Help menu.
-Adding work in progress player profile window - will be completed in the next patch
-Units with too many skill points will reset on login or entering new area
-Units much easier to select - even selecting moving units is now simple and easy.
-Tasking units to attack is much easier - go ahead and attack those running little goblins
-Easier to task workers to small targets such as Chickens or livestock bodies.
-Fixed issues with keycodes with haunter dragon not redeeming, reuse your keycode now.
-Fixed issue with Orc Wargpen not allowing players to train Beastriding units.
-Fixes to wall walkmeshes on repairing and rebuilding destroyed walls in mid battle.
-Shift Left Click on a unit's selection icon now properly removes the unit from the selection.

:::::Minor Fixes and Additions:::::
-Fixed town icon and picture showing wrong level of walls completed
-Fixed Shop window not closing on small resolution
-Fixed exploit with enchanters' mass heal healing 16 times more than intended
-Polished up Knight's Prey ability, plays proper animation.
-Main menu plays a selection of 6 random music tracks
-Localization for Ice Dragon and Haunter Dragon in world map and Dragon`s Ice Wall ability
-Chat window type in slot expanded and added borders for easier recognition for new players.
-Fixed map corruption issue with cave region where some objects in caves would not load.
-New Gameplay Option - Chat Filter - Turns on the chat profanity filter.
-New Gameplay Option - Center Unit Portrait - Places the unit portrait behind the stats.
-New Gameplay Option - Auto Scroll Chat - Controls whether chat scrolls to the bottom.
-New Gameplay Option - Show First Selected Unit - Shows the first selected unit.

::::Balance Adjustments:::::
-Walls wealth price increased
-Towers do not cost wealth - but tower prices increased.
-Rush repair ability for walls - 1 wealth for 5 walls to repair at 50 times the normal rate, does not stack.
-Enchanters' Mass Heal radius increased to 600. Heal rate is same, +300 health in total per unit.
-Enchanters' attack damage reduced to 80 from 120.
-Knights' Prey heals +15/s instead of +50/s but runs for 30s from 6s, Stamina cost increased, Spell does not overlap
-Garviola will stay underground for 30s from 50s after eating a victim.
-Garviola Crushing and slashing resistance reduced by 20 each - more vulnerable against melee
-Orc Player's Hero now has Mass heal ability like the other 2 races' Heroes.
-Elven Ranger's Range increased to 700 from 650, arrow damage increased to 115 from 110.
-All Unicorns and Wargs now add to army strength. Harmless livestock will not have any.
-Non combat siege weapons add very little to army strength.
-Long range siege weapons now add less to army strength.
-Orc Labourers are slightly more tougher in combat.

Neinth
01-03-2012, 04:40 PM
-Fixed Orc Wargpen - but perverted players from training Beastriding units

Makes me wonder what those orc guys where up to in the wargpen.........

Patch sounds nice though,looking forward to it.And take your time with it,better to have it done right than rushing it :>

While I can see this sort of thing possibly annoying you devs,but just general updates about whats going on,helps a huge ammount with the player base.Like this post :> Tells us,"hey may be later than we expect,but we are on top of it",the players know your people,and while we(players in general) expect alot from you,we wont hassle you to much if we know your doing stuff :> Except for me,I have no life.

Joseph Visscher
01-03-2012, 07:33 PM
Makes me wonder what those orc guys where up to in the wargpen.........

Kon sucks at grammer. moreso than me. :D

updated the list.

Dreamwalker
01-03-2012, 08:14 PM
Awesome patch, guys. I know I say that every time, but still.

Can't wait to see what you guys will add next! :D

buddhist23
01-03-2012, 08:31 PM
Kon sucks at grammer. moreso than me. :D

updated the list.

Actually-- the units did produce for me---that is--after quite some time after the said "Completion". Prob just a bug..

also- is this the legendary pathfinding patch?

Joseph Visscher
01-03-2012, 08:55 PM
also- is this the legendary pathfinding patch?

no, sadly, that will need more time.

buddhist23
01-03-2012, 08:59 PM
no, sadly, that will need more time.

and uh-- are the green dragon/dwarf codes fixed? I don't see them in my booster bank

Konstantin Fomenko
01-03-2012, 09:09 PM
You`ll need to re-enter the code again.

buddhist23
01-03-2012, 09:15 PM
You`ll need to re-enter the code again.

ugh okay...ONE more thing lol.

Too many dragons- i've got like 5 now...and they eat up so much army space. When i started playing, dragons felt ultra rare to me - now they feel like another slayer unit to me....

( also someone can easily abuse these codes and obtain more than 1..)

knightl
01-03-2012, 09:50 PM
( also someone can easily abuse these codes and obtain more than 1..)

they are aware of this and it is the sites fault not theirs but if they catch someone who does it they will just load his account up and delete somethings :)

szebus
01-04-2012, 12:53 AM
Can't wait to see the new patch later tonight. I have that 7 our delay to your time. :)

Neinth
01-04-2012, 07:19 AM
Thanx for the haunter dragon,and making my unicorns reflect their sexiness.

Biggest question,what exactly do I need to do to get my units to reset?

Edit: Meant to say,chat box looks much clearer,doubt we'll see to many "cant chat" threads now :>

Joseph Visscher
01-04-2012, 09:28 AM
they are aware of this and it is the sites fault not theirs but if they catch someone who does it they will just load his account up and delete somethings :)

This key reset is because the last patch had a interface error that made +90% of the keys to not work but activated the key, so we had tons of people activate keys and get nothing at all.

We are having an increase population of dragons because they cannot die its simple inflation-deflation economics, we have no deflation. But hey you guys wanted dragons that cannot die so there yeah go. :mad: + :rolleyes:

Neinth
01-04-2012, 10:17 AM
But hey you guys wanted dragons that cannot die so there yeah go. +

LMAo man that was funny.I see something having to be done about dragons soon or later though,maybe have the promo units and their keys activate the ability to buy them in the market and have them die like normal but have option to rebuy,limit to one of each type,have a timer on their revive rates,something.

szebus
01-04-2012, 11:02 AM
True, the Dragon issue have to be reconsidered.
Maybe, yes, they should die but with the possibility of re buying them, and rebought Dragons should have the same level when they died and for rebuying a dragon we should consume wealth. Plus, except for main hero, other heroes that will be available later on, should be treated the same.

Nimiria
01-04-2012, 11:29 AM
Or make a time limit.. after it dies, it needs 24 or even 48 hours to return.

Let it cost much ressources.

So much other options instead of permanent death but increase the damage when they die.

Another question: This patch again looks great. But I still have problems: First, always when I start the game, the updater makes 1 file update.. even after starting 10 times. Second, still the performance. And when selecting much unit the game still gets massive lag.

So I want to ask: When will these things be solved?

Donīt get me wrong. You make much and good work, but for me the game is not playable when it lags so much with selecting units or fighting random encounters on the world map :(

Looking forward to see more good patches from you :)

szebus
01-04-2012, 01:27 PM
... when I start the game, the updater makes 1 file update.. even after starting 10 times ...

Yes, it happens to me to and it keeps me waiting for a few minutes until I can push the play button :(

Edit: not sure how and why but it dose not happening anymore.

Venatic
01-04-2012, 02:08 PM
As for the dragon issue (if it is/could be an issue) another option could be each time the dragon "dies" it becomes weaker, permanently. Not saying this would be the way to go, just adding another idea/option.

buddhist23
01-04-2012, 02:43 PM
how about we just have a SELECTION of dragons from which we own but we can only deploy one. That way..you keep it limited..and somewhat rare and the player can always slot out dragons for another..in case it dies and has a respawn timer, etc...

"also-- one of my red dragons have gone missing..."

Eaglecrys
01-04-2012, 06:52 PM
actually that is a great idea a dragon bank if you will lol only a certain amount of dragons allowed to be in your army or kingdom for that matter. forcing people to pick and choose and also taking care of the what do i do with all these holiday units issue ;)

give dragons another counter then just army str that a nation can deploy in general. so if they have alot of green dragons it would mean the same as maybe one royal or two royals something like that.

Neinth
01-04-2012, 08:10 PM
Didnt think people would agree with the dragon thing,but seems in general,we all think something should be done.Dragons are supposed to be rare,I wouldnt be opposed to them becoming a type of vanity item myself.

Dont get me wrong I dont want to lose my ice,nor the haunter if i get him back from todays mishaps lol.

Suppose now all that needs to be done is getting the players to agree to something the devs are willing to do.Would think if one or more of the devs are interested they should start a thread(again I know,saw the poll on last dragon thing) and just go from there.

knightl
01-04-2012, 08:12 PM
Didnt think people would agree with the dragon thing,but seems in general,we all think something should be done.Dragons are supposed to be rare,I wouldnt be opposed to them becoming a type of vanity item myself.

Dont get me wrong I dont want to lose my ice,nor the haunter if i get him back from todays mishaps lol.

Suppose now all that needs to be done is getting the players to agree to something the devs are willing to do.Would think if one or more of the devs are interested they should start a thread(again I know,saw the poll on last dragon thing) and just go from there.

i believe they should have to be revived by a quest if it dies that way they stay rare by making the quest hard but also its optional

buddhist23
01-04-2012, 10:55 PM
i believe they should have to be revived by a quest if it dies that way they stay rare by making the quest hard but also its optional

it would have to be a REALLLLLYYY cool quest then - one that you wouldn't get bored of after doing it for 50 times...

Konstantin Fomenko
01-05-2012, 11:01 AM
I think instead of a quest we can add a huge resurrection price - lets say 10k gold to resurrect the Dragon.

Nermal
01-05-2012, 12:04 PM
I think instead of a quest we can add a huge resurrection price - lets say 10k gold to resurrect the Dragon.

Yes please! Make amount of resources/payment reflecting the dragons lvl if you intend them to be restored at former lvl,- allthough i hope they will start at scratch again.

Neinth
01-05-2012, 12:06 PM
I like the idea,but I say make it hurt,I bid 20k for greens,40k for Ice/reds and 60k for haunters and royales

Depending on what you guys may add to the ice later,possibly increaseing it,but chats filled with to much gold comments alot,this would solve that,or atleast help.

Gold and food would be an idea,"nurse" it back to health,and i agree with above post,I like the level reset.

With level reset and a huge investment cost to revive them,think it would slow down dragon rampages.Would even think a wealth cost would be nice,for you guys,or have the option to use wealth instead of resources.

buddhist23
01-05-2012, 01:19 PM
ARE YOU CRAZY? UR "ONE" TOWN CAN'T EVEN HOLD MORE THAN 10K WITHOUT DECREASING THE AMOUNT- I ONLY HAVE ABOUT 50K DUE TO 2 WORK CAMPS MAXED OUT WITH WORKERS AND MY REGULAR TOWN / ABOUT 10K AND REGULARLY DECREASING- NEINTH- UR PRICING IS INSANELY STUPID.

AND-- if they DO cost that much: they better keep their Effing levels then.
That's going above "making it hurt" - that's just plain stupid.

Like i said...keep max dragons to 1 and have a dragon bank for selection. This DECREASES the amount of dragons seen ( because they're supposed to be rare? you don't see dragons flying everywhere in the world...)

Neinth
01-05-2012, 02:15 PM
By all legal definitions,yes i am quite crazy,get a check each month to prove it.

Gold decay rates capped at like 50ish,easily get 3-5k per quest,not including loot.If you include looting the dead bodies,that number jumps up rather high.

I would rather pay an insane ammount than have people running around with a crapton of non-killable units.My personal dragons,they lose their fun because there is no risk involved with useing them.Seen many people during the ice promo say the Ice dragon itself sort of ruined their fun,way over powered at such an early stage(still thank you for it)

Since we are on topic of dragons,would suggest flying lowering their protection from arrows and the likes,so that i cant just fly a high level dragon right ontop of the npc's hero's and win within 2 minutes.Make flying a stance instead of a skill,allow to use firewall/fireball while flying,but much lowered damage reductions.Flying could reduce stamina like hide does,or formations for the orcs does.

I also noted that they should have a method of reviving with wealth,as game is a one time investment,i wouldnt mind seeing something like that in the market,as long as there was a method of reviving without wealth as well,preferably something that was inline with the resource wealth costs in market.

And lastly,the level rest on the dragon is a great idea,i think they should do it with the hero's as well.Permanant units need to be controlled,their loss shouldnt be meaningless.When you use them,them being permanant units,you should go above and beyond to protect them.Besides if they had an high revive cost,you'd be much more careful with them,as would everyone.

I can see your the excitable sort though ,so will attempt to be more conservative in future posts :>

On a side note,have you tried putting all your gold in one spot,would see the decay rate,and by using ingame methods you can negate that rate rather easily.Sort of your fault for spreding it out and paying multiple decay rates when you dont have to.

buddhist23
01-05-2012, 04:09 PM
The more gold you HAVE- the BIGGER the decay rate. I spread out my gold so the decay remains at -5 to -10. The rest of my work camps? No decay rate. Only my town due to a smaller storage. That's my fault too right?

also- 3-5k per quest. I'm sure you enjoy the grind..and the time spent doing it just so you can revive one dragon that can die in seconds.

And dude- one dragon can't DOMINATE an entire city byitself..in fact..try it- it can't - it will DIE.............to a horde of arrows. And the solution to your "i hate having so many dragons running about" is a dragon selection bank..or dragon lair.

Eaglecrys
01-05-2012, 09:19 PM
perhaps changing their role within the game could accomplish more or as said before a dragon point system on the map where each dragons have a certain amount of points

ie world holds 200 dragon points to be used from your dragon lair.

Green Dragons are 20 points red are 50 and royals are 100 with other rare dragons from events and such being put somewhere within those general numbers. this would keep the bigger dragons on a small leash if you will while letting the much smaller ones become alot more common to see around.

More of a compromise of sorts

Nimiria
01-06-2012, 10:40 AM

Then please make it so that players, who canīt store 10k gold, can pay parts of gold into some kind of "pool". When having 10.000 gold in that "pool" then the dragon is back.