PDA

View Full Version : Lighthouse Bankrupt?

slamelov
03-09-2009, 02:54 AM
Hi

I have read this post:
http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=75.0

Where you can read:

Company Lighthouse declared itself the bankrupt.
Now game cannot be on sale in the west.

"Steel Fury: Fall Blau" it is ready from August, 2008
Now company Diskus solves who there will be a Publisher

If I'm not wrong, Lighthouse Interactive is the publisher of Dawn of Fantasy. So, what it will happen now?

Regards

Andy Joslin
03-09-2009, 05:45 AM
Lighthouse is no longer our publisher.

I'll get Konstantin to stop by later and give the details he wants to give.

The Witch King of Angmar
03-09-2009, 06:53 AM
Wow, that's interesting. I wonder what will happen now... :confused:

Jean=A=Luc
03-09-2009, 08:07 AM
Poor Lighthouse. :(

slamelov
03-09-2009, 08:57 AM
Lighthouse is no longer our publisher.

I'll get Konstantin to stop by later and give the details he wants to give.

Glad to hear that.

Thaks for the info.

Konstantin Fomenko
03-09-2009, 09:53 AM
Gentlemen,

It`s a bit too early for an official announcement, and at this point I can`t confirm if Lighthouse is bankrupt or not - but Dawn of Fantasy will not be published with Lighthouse Interactive anymore - that much I can say with certainty. But no worries - we have already secured another publisher - and you can expect the full announcement and details in April.

So far this worked to our advantage as (yes, u guessed it!) we got a bit of extra time for the beta test of the game. I can`t comment on the release date, but we won`t happen this May.

However, our programmers are working exclusively on bringing the close beta to you soon. So majority of our forums can expect to start building their MMO kingdoms in the near future - watch our for beta sign-ups this April.

Darvin
03-09-2009, 11:49 AM
Glad to hear you guys are still doing fine. I wasn't aware that Lighthouse was going down, but it's good to know it won't be affecting you at all.

watch our for beta sign-ups this April

Hey, a definitive date. That's a show of confidence. Hopefully my final exams will be over by the time the beta starts :-)

Feweh
03-09-2009, 12:19 PM
Can we expect a digital download sale by chance please?

Konstantin Fomenko
03-09-2009, 12:24 PM
Can we expect a digital download sale by chance please?
English version will be sold online as well as retail. With French, German e.t.c versions that would be up to local distributors.

@ Darwin - that was a definite date for closed beta stage 1 sign-ups, I won`t expect the first client available until May though.

szebus
03-09-2009, 12:38 PM
Do we have to sign-up in a special way to beta 1, or all forum members are automaticaly participant members ?

wou129
03-09-2009, 01:20 PM
i just came up with this but any thing we build up in the beta wil theat stil be there in the full game ?

adamater
03-09-2009, 03:14 PM
this thread scared me for a second, ithought this awsomegame wouldn't come out

crex719
03-09-2009, 03:48 PM
As long as everything is secure, I'm happy

raving
03-10-2009, 03:30 AM
this thread scared me for a second, ithought this awsomegame wouldn't come out
same scared the **** out of me lol

Darvin
03-10-2009, 12:51 PM
i just came up with this but any thing we build up in the beta wil theat stil be there in the full game ?

Typically MMO's start clean after the beta test. I can't speak for Reverie, but this is usually the case. Moreover, servers are often reset multiple times within the beta test itself. I remember beta testing a browser-based MMO. On four occasions different people found infinite money abuses, and each case required the entire server to be reset.

Konstantin Fomenko
03-10-2009, 04:25 PM
There are two beta stages - stage 1 - closed, with up to 100 testers, stage 2 - open - with a larger number of testers up to 1,000 probably.

For Beta Stage 1 we will be inviting ONLY people registered in our forums and these who actively followed the game + their friends (if we don`t have enough people). There is a very good chance we`ll give a free online copy of the final game to top 50 testers from that 100 - based on how many test reports they submitted and how much time they spent playing closed beta - but I`ll have to confirm this later.

In stage 1 you can expect to see an extremely buggy build, with only third MMORTS content available at first. We will add more content as we go, and your progress WILL be reset multiple times. At first it might be as often as every couple of days. Beta Stage 1 will brutal, but rewarding - as it`ll be your feedback which will determine which features are added/removed, and how we balance things. Sign ups will be on the forum - with priority going to these most active in the forum community - the more posts, the better your chances are.

Two months after that we hope to start stage 2 testing. I don`t have all the details about this yet

crex719
03-10-2009, 06:32 PM
Beta Stage 1 ought to be fun... bugs glitches and crashes. But it is important when we play to check every little aspect of gameplay. The more errors found the better the game when it is released.
I doubt it will be seriously bad though. It will be an overall fun experience to play a game weve been waiting so long to play. I am just worried people are setting the bar too high for the beta.

The Witch King of Angmar
03-10-2009, 06:38 PM
With or without bugs, I'll still enjoy playing it.

Feweh
03-10-2009, 09:12 PM
Involving closed beta....

How are you going to choose the top 100 people... i'm not sure how many people are registered here exactly..

Like i don't post everyday but i always check in so if you go by post count theres a good chance i would miss out.

Darvin
03-10-2009, 09:23 PM
Bugs can be fun to find... except the kind that are in the form of unhandled exceptions.

How are you going to choose the top 100 people... i'm not sure how many people are registered here exactly..

As he said, there would be a sign-up on the forums, and they will give preference to those who have shown the most interest. While there are a lot of registered users on this forum, there aren't that many active accounts. In fact, there aren't nearly a hundred regular posters around here, so if you're a genuine fan who is giving feedback right now, your chances of getting in (if you want to) are fairly good.

I can tell you that this will be a very unique opportunity, but you can't go into it thinking "free game". This won't be a finished commercial product, and if you treat it like that you're going to get infuriated by all the bugs and, invariably, crashes. Instead, you have to view it as a chance to be involved in the design process of the game itself. That's something you can't buy on the shelves of a store.

crex719
03-10-2009, 09:55 PM
Active forum user = Active beta tester
I know ill be active because I'm graduating the end of may, absolutely nothing to do in june.

Darvin
03-10-2009, 10:07 PM
I know ill be active because I'm graduating the end of may, absolutely nothing to do in june.

Hey, I'm graduating at the end of April! However, I'll be job hunting (or better yet, already have one lined up) rather than sitting on my hands.

joasoze
03-11-2009, 02:26 AM
Hi, I am a new member here!

I have a hope that this game will be on gamersgate.com or on stardocks impulse. They are safe and quality minded. Lets just hope that we are not talking steam. Steam will not touch my computer.

The game appears to be very interesting, and I am looking forward to it. My favorite games are Master of Orion II, Civ IV and Total Annihilation (yes I am an old man) :)

raving
03-11-2009, 07:36 AM
Active forum user = Active beta tester
bleh i read these forums almost every day. but dont spam post respond on everything :p, does that still make me an active forum user? or just an active forum reader >< ^^

Irsig
03-11-2009, 09:02 AM
before the beta are gonna put the system requieriments of the game ???

sorry if this no going here but since you are talking about the beta i ask :)

Joseph Visscher
03-11-2009, 10:04 AM
before the beta are gonna put the system requieriments of the game ???

sorry if this no going here but since you are talking about the beta i ask :)

We will inevitably have a minimum system requirement; on the other hand beta 1 will also help us find other hardware, software, and system configuration incompatibilities with the game that might arise with some of the participants, which will give us the information to attempt to fix these problems before the game is released.

nickson104
03-11-2009, 10:12 AM
We will inevitably have a minimum system requirement; on the other hand beta 1 will also help us find other hardware, software, and system configuration incompatibilities with the game that might arise with some of the participants, which will give us the information to attempt to fix these problems before the game is released.

And of course set that minimum and optimum....

Question - Does DOF use the usual generic error reports as most games or have they simplified it into something ledgible like a few games have... hate getting error reports then seeing a giant number

Example: An error243876522 has occurred, we are sorry for the inconvenience would you like to send an error report?

Joseph Visscher
03-11-2009, 10:19 AM
And of course set that minimum and optimum....

Question - Does DOF use the usual generic error reports as most games or have they simplified it into something ledgible like a few games have... hate getting error reports then seeing a giant number

Example: An error243876522 has occurred, we are sorry for the inconvenience would you like to send an error report?

This is getting off topic, i would like the next post to be on topic please

Almost all errors actually get listed inside the game or inside a log report kept in the games directory, but occasionally there might be an error that will be off the books so to speak.
The generic error your speaking of triggers inevitably when the ".exe" of anything suddenly stopped or crashed.

wou129
03-12-2009, 12:17 PM
to sad lighthouse hes gone bankrupt i liked there games and that are from the netherlands yust like me so theats makes it even worser

LiTos456
03-12-2009, 01:03 PM
Aw, that sucks. Not much more to say really.

Joseph Visscher
03-12-2009, 05:45 PM
Aw, that sucks. Not much more to say really.

There will be when we get a new publisher. But that will be in another thread.

-Thread Closed