PDA

View Full Version : another Pvp system

LimitlessX
12-30-2011, 10:09 AM
maybe another sytem would be nice because now many people wanne do pvp and doesnt find anyone because they dont find a Same strength ... so maybe u just let us atack every one we can that isnt in a protection time and if they dont have the troops that will be the samel ike the attackter that they get their Civilians that are living in their citys that they will join u to fight the atacker they arent that strong like the units u buy or train in ur archery or barracks but they will be handy and if ur smart u can use them so u can win anyway..

szebus
12-30-2011, 10:50 AM
And what about a list of online users with details about their Army - Strength and Town - Strength and then You can attack anyone from that list but the smaller the defender the fewer the wealth the attacker can acquire and higher for the defender.

LimitlessX
12-30-2011, 11:38 AM
And what about a list of online users with details about their Army - Strength and Town - Strength and then You can attack anyone from that list but the smaller the defender the fewer the wealth the attacker can acquire and higher for the defender.
True on that one not a bad idea but still i think this profile exp thingy should work for pvp and pve so ur pve will get harder affter a while so ur not doing a quest in like 5 mins

Neinth
12-31-2011, 11:52 AM
Even just showing the list so you can go,ok need an army with 300 str so i can attack this guy would be nice.

Has been said their expecting more players in near future,which if it does happen will more than likely solve the whole pvp finding thing

andreicde
12-31-2011, 05:40 PM
maybe another sytem would be nice because now many people wanne do pvp and doesnt find anyone because they dont find a Same strength ... so maybe u just let us atack every one we can that isnt in a protection time and if they dont have the troops that will be the samel ike the attackter that they get their Civilians that are living in their citys that they will join u to fight the atacker they arent that strong like the units u buy or train in ur archery or barracks but they will be handy and if ur smart u can use them so u can win anyway..

I disagree. attacing anyone that has a different strength from yours means one of you will have a disadvantage. It's not exactly fun if a 2k army str can attack a beginner that has 300 army or my caravan army getting attacked by a full army. So I pretty much disagree with that. Also civilians helping would be a waste, untrained units can't win against specialized units.

buddhist23
12-31-2011, 10:54 PM
I WISH WE COULD GANK PEOPLE AND WIN EASILY. I mean, it'll force noobs to join alliances for protection..otherwise they get ganked and die. War isn't about being fair! especially for orcs..

Eaglecrys
12-31-2011, 11:14 PM
being able to gank anyone you wish at anytime may force some to join alliances but it will also force others to just quit the game. With current conditions of the game and things that need to be fixed i dont know many that will be ok with a massive army rolling their new town they spent time to create.

Ganking can cause many things to occure and most are not good ..... well as of yet anyhow.

Neinth
01-01-2012, 08:16 AM
Aye ganking is bad.

I like the current STR system,just think it should open up a little bit more so that finding pvp is simpler.If I know theres a 500 STR army running around,I can make a 500 STR army myself and go after it.

Eaglecrys
01-01-2012, 09:08 AM
I think a list would be very nice as well something that scans the world and says the str that is out there of people that are not on protection and their army lol no more hiding hehe

buddhist23
01-01-2012, 01:25 PM
being able to gank anyone you wish at anytime may force some to join alliances but it will also force others to just quit the game. With current conditions of the game and things that need to be fixed i dont know many that will be ok with a massive army rolling their new town they spent time to create.

Ganking can cause many things to occure and most are not good ..... well as of yet anyhow.

think you misunderstood my point or maybe i worded it wrong. I don't think ganking on new players is okay but ganking on people who have played more than enough to have a 500-600 point army is alright ;]. For an example..ganking a player town with barely any power should be acceptable..it's THEIR fault for leaving it undermanned. I mean, it's your city..common sense to leave a garrison in it.

Eaglecrys
01-01-2012, 05:13 PM
to some degree that is already possible. a persons walls alone give enough str that if you attack them with a small army you could wipe them out if they do not pay. i do agree that after a certain amount of time that yes people should have learned how to protecet their own home lol. For now that simply means having enough resources to pay off the attacking army

Joseph Visscher
01-01-2012, 07:02 PM
Just responding in relation to our current pvp system.

There is not enough people online for this system to be acceptable, right now your all trying to find PVP games between only 30-50 online players, think about it when we have 1000-infinite players online all at once, there will be games matched in seconds your closest match with closest amount of strength.

With the coming of alliances we will most likely add some form of direct connect system where both players can simple type in eachothers names to duel the other player regardless of army strength or pvp protection.

Later on we may include the person's track record in the match making system meaning, say if you've won 900/1000 games then the game will try to match you with someone else which has a positive ratio.

andreicde
01-01-2012, 09:05 PM
think you misunderstood my point or maybe i worded it wrong. I don't think ganking on new players is okay but ganking on people who have played more than enough to have a 500-600 point army is alright ;]. For an example..ganking a player town with barely any power should be acceptable..it's THEIR fault for leaving it undermanned. I mean, it's your city..common sense to leave a garrison in it.

i still disagree. Ganking means more players can attack a person,and that would be just terrible in DOF since there is no need for such a thing. If it was a game like DOTA or League of Legends I would agree,but ganking itself is an action used by cowards.

Neinth
01-01-2012, 09:35 PM
With the coming of alliances we will most likely add some form of direct connect system where both players can simple type in eachothers names to duel the other player regardless of army strength or pvp protection.

Later on we may include the person's track record in the match making system meaning, say if you've won 900/1000 games then the game will try to match you with someone else which has a positive ratio.

I like this.

I think the ratio should be held off until unit bugs and balanceing is more cleared up,but once thats done,a track records a great idea,bragging rights,and goals ect ect.I will say if the ranking system is done,and available for any to see,may cause issues.The game seems to be built on idea of being even,if someone has a huge win/loss ratio,other people will just assume their cheating somehow.

And ganking implies basically attacking people you know are weaker,which is no fun.I dont mind fighting a weaker army,if their the ones who want that,i'm happy to oblige,thats what the "be brave" is for.Would love a "be brave" option for your city defence..

That being said,i think STR shoudl be locked or something once fights started,to control some of the elfs current abilities to spawn alot of seige gear in a short ammount of time,throwing off the entire STR meaning anyways.

knightl
01-01-2012, 11:00 PM

So are you saying you wouldn't mind your town being attacked by 10 royals max level when you just have 500 str from your peasants and treants etc?

if you say yes ill be happy to provide some sort of a invasion when i can do it

Jonr
01-02-2012, 12:43 PM
I think that the new pvp system should basically stay the same for the moment. However, I think you should get a choice to make an army a caravan army or a fighting army. A caravan army would have a carry capacity of lets say (only an idea) a 50% increase of its normal capacity for all reasources. With this type of army, you would have to defend it with lots of high level soldiers, and it can be attacked by any army. It would not be able to attack other armies. A fighting army would have normal carry capacity with a 50% increase in gold capacity and gold drop rates reduced by a lot. The current pvp rules would apply, except for the fact that they can target any caravan army (randomly, it would not be a choice). These are only some ideas, I know they are very broad for the moment :)

Konstantin Fomenko
01-02-2012, 01:26 PM
I think you should get a choice to make an army a caravan army
And everything else Jonr said - this is actually what I had in mind all along - but we always keep on pushing this for "for next patch". This type of army specialization is something we can expect down the road. It would come complete with a new world map icon.

And as for the main topic - with-in a week we`ll have a massive income of new players - so lets see how the current system works with the right player population.