PDA

View Full Version : Forum Bug (not having PM options)

szebus
12-30-2011, 08:30 AM
It has been about two weeks when I needed to use the PM option of the forum and realized that this dose not work at all. From admins i can receive private messages but from other users I can not, plus I can not send any messages to anyone. Do told about this in some threads before but never opened a new thread specially for this as I thought it was read and may be a general problem that will be solved, but other users have not complained about this lately so I may be alone with it.

Sometimes the forum gives me a message that says something about limited user rights and to contact the forum admin ... funny for my situation :)

Here is a screen with where the PM option should be:

Joseph Visscher
12-30-2011, 11:30 PM
you can pm admins still, pm alex walz about this issue.

I think about 2 years or so ago we had an outbreak of spam bots that did not spam the forums itself but rather our entire pm system and would constantly pm everyone. That is probably why we have it disabled for member to member at the moment.

Neinth
12-31-2011, 10:04 AM
M8 his pm options are gone compleltly,attached a screenshot of my options page as well.And pm between members does work,just not with szebus :> I'm not even 100% he can pm a dev.

(sorry was trying to help him with this yesterday,its a weird one for sure)

szebus
12-31-2011, 12:25 PM
No, I can't PM even a dev, still I left a message to Alex Walz on MSN.

Happy New Year lads !!!

GPS51
12-31-2011, 12:26 PM
Heh the irony being alex's cpu was down ><. He's back up now.

Alex Walz
12-31-2011, 07:30 PM
Hmm, odd. Should be fixed now though, try it out.

Happy New Year to you too. :)