PDA

View Full Version : Total war

raving
03-04-2009, 02:06 AM
So did anybody play the game yet? I played the demo of this last night and was simply amazed by its naval battles. Am wondering if there are any other total war fans on this forum :)

szebus
03-04-2009, 02:11 AM
U mean the new one ? Empire Total War ? Will try but I hated on previous releases that I coud not manage my cities entierly, building in real time like in stronghold and so on, but the game itself is a great one.

raving
03-04-2009, 07:03 AM
U mean the new one ? Empire Total War ? Will try but I hated on previous releases that I coud not manage my cities entierly, building in real time like in stronghold and so on, but the game itself is a great one.
aah doubt u can realtime build em now mate, i think if they ad that u will go beserk near the end of the game. i already get frustraded if i have to que buildings for 50 citys and que units for 50 units and keep a close eye on taxes since ai in previous versions on autotaxing was ******ed ><. even tho this one looks awsome.

Konstantin Fomenko
03-04-2009, 08:39 AM
Part of my job is checking all the new RTS titles on the market, so I`d definitely set few hours aside for Empires - mostly for evaluation purposes, but for some enjoyment as well:)

So far I played the Demo, amazing visuals - but the loading time of up to 4 minutes for majority of users, including me, was a real fun-killer. I`ll wait out for more player feedback for Empires (not available in Steam online shop), and possibly for CA to address the loading time issue.

Dawn of Fantasy features one game mode inspired by Total War - Single-player Skirmish - Lay Siege mode. There you have a huge army of up to 1000 units against a Total War sized city AI controlled.

raving
03-04-2009, 10:30 AM
im looking forward doing some dof battles ^^.

and about the loading time, i got the demo and it takes me about 30- 50 secs to get in :)

Jean=A=Luc
03-04-2009, 10:39 AM
The Demo is very bugged and the loading times are due to some archives being compressed (There's a workaround to improve loading time by extracting said archives) but the game itself is excellent I believe although I haven't yet played the full version.