PDA

View Full Version : Patch # 1.1.5 - Happy Holidays!!!

Konstantin Fomenko
12-22-2011, 04:29 PM
Reverie World would like to wish its fans a very merry holiday season! In celebration, Dawn of Fantasy has been given a festive overhaul, complete with a new holiday-themed interface, main menu, in-game Christmas decorations, and, of course, the famous holiday Ice Dragon! Players who log-in to shovel out their homelands from now until January 2, will receive a free unique, and epic unit - the Ice Dragon. This frost-breathing dragon will prove a worthy addition to any force, flying high overhead enemy troops or freezing potentially devastating fires in their tracks! This patch also introduces a number of new fixes, including refinement for the PvP victory and loss conditions, dragon skills and stats, and unit selection controls. Happy holidays from all of us at Reverie!

Patching is Live

Patch # 1.1.5

:::::Major Fixes and Additions:::::
-Christmas theme enabled with GUI and main menu modifications
-Free Holiday Ice Dragon added as a start-up quest
-Christmas Homeland decorations added - including a Christmas tree
-Fixed rare issue with Hero resetting or losing armies after Army vs Town PvP
-Fix to PVP victory and loss conditions not working and not providing influence
-Fixed to PvP Pay-Out sometimes not working and not providing influence
-Additional Out of Sync issues fixed
-Dragon Skills, level and stats reset upon death. When your dragon revives it will be a normal level 1 dragon again and have to be retrained to higher levels.
-New controls for mass unit selection allowing to select a leader or remove units from selection

:::::Minor Fixes and Additions:::::
-Expanded Army vs Town Preparation period to 2.30 minutes and added Cancel button
-Fixed pathfinding issues in Southmont bridge and gatehouses that allowed units to by pass closed gate and or get onto the walls from outside of the gatehouse.
-Walls with built wall Hoarding upgrade now have a destroy hoarding button to remove the hoarding on the selected wall.
-Fixed an issue where flying dragons can die for real and never come back.
-Updated Game Credits.
-Fixed and re-enabled 48 hours PvP protection item

::::Balance Adjustments:::::
-Most of elven unit's stamina reduced to a more normal level.
-Enchanter's mass heal ability's effectiveness greatly reduced and requires increased stamina skill to use it.
-Dragon Army strength values increased, Green Dragon`s strength value decreased
-Fixed issue with elven tree building plots staying un-selectable after destroying a building or construction on them.

UPDATE! Another mini-patch released 1.1.5 B

Patch # 1.1.5 B

-Major optimization on data sent to interface from units, increasing performance for everyone when multiple battalions are selected.
-Fixed several out of sync issues that where accidentally added back in the last patch.
-Fixed issue with heroes and dragons gaining massive amounts of health over their cap on reload.
-Unit health bars and stamina bars moved to the bottom of the selected unit GUI.
-Dragons and Heroes that have too many or too few skills due to previous bugs will have their skills reset with correct amount of skill points given.
-Fixed issues with fire arrows not starting wildfires.
-Chances of a Garviola catching fire from fire arrows is now 1 in 100 per arrow hit.
-If Garviola is planted in shallow water the changes of Garviola catching on fire is reduced.

Safey18
12-22-2011, 05:07 PM
-Dragon Army strength values increased, Green Dragon`s strength value decreased

Oh man my 4 royal dragon army is gonna even more strength... xD

knightl
12-22-2011, 05:25 PM
ah time to ice some friends of mine

Neinth
12-22-2011, 05:47 PM
I'm not much of a holiday guy,but i realize alot of people are,so thanx for taking the time from whatever it is you do this time of year to patch a game and give us dragons :> Hope you all enjoy whatever it is you do,and all that jazz about season greetings and the likes.

Ice dragons sound fun,I keep expecting smokey the bear to come out and give me a tsk tsk for setting the forests ablaze.Think ice dragon will remove that fear some,though would be hilarous if you had some orc come out and give us crap about starting them in first place.

Edit: also wanted to note,the dragons resetting to 1 if killed,really like that idea,keeps them in play,but makes you want to protect them.

buddhist23
12-22-2011, 06:36 PM
wait- how can ice dragon burn a forest.......

andreicde
12-22-2011, 06:42 PM
wait- how can ice dragon burn a forest.......

it doesn't matter lol.it would take forever to make an ice frosting animation. Maybe in the future

buddhist23
12-22-2011, 06:48 PM
or or or they just recolor the fire blue instead of red. lol

Neinth
12-22-2011, 06:58 PM
I was thinking the ice dragon wouldnt start forest fires like the other ones do,i lose many an archer to fires lol

Joseph Visscher
12-22-2011, 07:21 PM
There will be a few problems with this patch, we will be hot patching tomorrow hopefully.

Oh man my 4 royal dragon army is gonna even more strength... xD
Kon was mistaken for some reason, he decided to put down increased when really it was decreased.

Ice dragons should put out fire, if they are starting fires and look like they throw fire then we committed the wrong files.

Konstantin Fomenko
12-22-2011, 07:40 PM
We would also like to add that we'll be adding additional abilities for the Ice Dragon down the road - so its a good unit to hang on to. Also we didnt mention his ice damage cant be blocked by any unit - including other Dragons. So this lozzard is a dragon slaying fireman.

Neinth
12-22-2011, 07:57 PM
Sorry I didnt mean to imply they where starting fires,was comparing other dragons and fire arrows to it.

Edit: Wanted to mention,wardens cant use downpour because of stamina,both male and female,though female can always spend skill points,male cant.And my income from alchemy stone and gold appear to be in the 400's atm,and climbing .

Does seem like my units are keeping their levels gained when i leave a map,which is great,thank you.And was able to go into an army v army pvp map,got influence (woohoo)and didnt show grid lines like it was :> And of course,the dragons rather nice,again thank you :>

buddhist23
12-22-2011, 08:55 PM
I expect the dragon to spawn snowman minions by christmas.

GPS51
12-22-2011, 08:56 PM
I expect the dragon to spawn snowman minions by christmas.

Snow goons ftw!

Eaglecrys
12-22-2011, 11:18 PM
wooohooooo one happy camper here the ice dragon is so freaking awesome looking and pretty. lol sure I know it was a color change but man o man what a differance. Cant wait to see the skills and such when they do arrive.

A great and wonderful glimpse of what you all have up your sleeves and ideas that are soon to come.

Nermal
12-23-2011, 02:02 AM
Snow goons ftw!

Snowballs ?! :D

buddhist23
12-23-2011, 11:25 AM
ice dragon is a trojan horse. one day it will explode and thousands of undead troops will destroy our towns.

Joseph Visscher
12-23-2011, 11:38 AM
ice dragon is a trojan horse. one day it will explode and thousands of undead troops will destroy our towns.

Thats a cool idea,,,, for april fools,,,,, back up everyones towns... and then.......... shhh shhhh rofl XD

szebus
12-23-2011, 12:35 PM
Hihi and untill easter everyone forgets about what could happen then ... that is why this would work :D

buddhist23
12-23-2011, 02:57 PM
truth be told.

ice dragon is a pinata.

wack away!

Dreamwalker
12-23-2011, 03:53 PM
-Most of elven unit's stamina reduced to a more normal level.
-Enchanter's mass heal ability's effectiveness greatly reduced and requires increased stamina skill to use it.

Thought something was up when my lvl 1 mounted rangers had 600 endurance. :) Gonna miss the superpowered heal spell though...but is what a bit much (all I had to do was have my superenduranced cavalry run in and slaughter the enemy, then retreat and get superhealed to do it again).

Anyway, sweet patch guys! I'll have to check out that ice dragon...

buddhist23
12-23-2011, 06:38 PM
the REAL christmas gift would be the pathfinding patch or the customization patch...on christmas. cross fingers

Konstantin Fomenko
12-23-2011, 08:06 PM
UPDATE! Another mini-patch released 1.1.5 B

Patch # 1.1.5 B

-Major optimization on data sent to interface from units, increasing performance for everyone when multiple battalions are selected.
-Fixed several out of sync issues that where accidentally added back in the last patch.
-Fixed issue with heroes and dragons gaining massive amounts of health over their cap on reload.
-Unit health bars and stamina bars moved to the bottom of the selected unit GUI.
-Dragons and Heroes that have too many or too few skills due to previous bugs will have their skills reset with correct amount of skill points given.
-Fixed issues with fire arrows not starting wildfires.
-Chances of a Garviola catching fire from fire arrows is now 1 in 100 per arrow hit.
-If Garviola is planted in shallow water the changes of Garviola catching on fire is reduced.

buddhist23
12-24-2011, 12:47 PM
Garviolas seem kind of op..they distract an entire army when sieging. Ignoring them is NOT possible....ordering my army to advance into the elf city but they keep trying to kill the garviolas..its annoying. therefore- your army becomes a sitting duck thanks to overly op plants.

PLEASE remove that "i eat one guy and go hide" from the plant.

GPS51
12-24-2011, 01:02 PM
Well they're not going to lose that ability but they will probably be further balanced.

Dreamwalker
12-24-2011, 02:40 PM
And keep in mind that the garviola's the only defensive trap the elves get (no spike traps). And elves are supposed to have the best defence of any race.

Garviolas also take up pop space, making it dumb to have too many of them.

GPS51
12-24-2011, 02:54 PM
Yup and the sunstones reheal/respawn troops as they fight on the walls providing a powerful bonus to elven defenders.

andreicde
12-24-2011, 03:38 PM
Garviolas seem kind of op..they distract an entire army when sieging. Ignoring them is NOT possible....ordering my army to advance into the elf city but they keep trying to kill the garviolas..its annoying. therefore- your army becomes a sitting duck thanks to overly op plants.

PLEASE remove that "i eat one guy and go hide" from the plant.

will you stop complaining?they take 1 pop each,they are our only defense and they don't move. And there are ways to kill them.

buddhist23
12-24-2011, 05:42 PM
While I endure an endless barrage of fire from eld strongholds- i'm sure i will have the time to do so...and umm oh yes..they distract armies from advancing forward. Something is WRONG.... - spike traps and such don't do that..they just killl....and only defense? Didn't everyone just say the elves have the BEST DEFENSE? One plant really makes a difference..to you i guess..wait your prob an elf player who enjoys stalling armies...

"Yup and the sunstones reheal/respawn troops as they fight on the walls providing a powerful bonus to elven defenders."

Konstantin Fomenko
12-24-2011, 10:32 PM
The best way to deal with these is to bring some fire arrows or trebuchet/catapult fire projectiles. Garviolas are extremely vulnerable to fire damage. They actually catch fire and burn down in seconds.

andreicde
12-24-2011, 10:32 PM
While I endure an endless barrage of fire from eld strongholds- i'm sure i will have the time to do so...and umm oh yes..they distract armies from advancing forward. Something is WRONG.... - spike traps and such don't do that..they just killl....and only defense? Didn't everyone just say the elves have the BEST DEFENSE? One plant really makes a difference..to you i guess..wait your prob an elf player who enjoys stalling armies...

"Yup and the sunstones reheal/respawn troops as they fight on the walls providing a powerful bonus to elven defenders."

the arrows are limited so once it's over it takes a while before archers can be a threat.The garviolas don't distract that much if you know how to handle them and the plants must be placed at strategic points while also hoping the enemy will go over it. Also there are ways to destroy them easily. And yes I'm an elven player and I don't mind fighting another elf that has them. And those sunstones you're talking about aren't that helpful since a well placed treb hit makes them explode,and will damage the units nearby

buddhist23
12-24-2011, 11:12 PM
arrows are limited....sure..250 arrows..thats not a lot at all.

and graviolas do distract..they stopped my entire orc army sooooooo...

well placed treb..trebs are the worst catapults ingame..

andreicde
12-25-2011, 01:38 AM
arrows are limited....sure..250 arrows..thats not a lot at all.

and graviolas do distract..they stopped my entire orc army sooooooo...

well placed treb..trebs are the worst catapults ingame..

just because you don't know how to stop them fast doesn't mean they are epic or anything. It's called strategy. If they make everything easy it wouldn't be worth playing. If you think this is bad say ty you weren't here during my reign with mounted grandmasters. THAT was actually op. Ask gps :D

knightl
12-25-2011, 02:12 AM
just because you don't know how to stop them fast doesn't mean they are epic or anything. It's called strategy. If they make everything easy it wouldn't be worth playing. If you think this is bad say ty you weren't here during my reign with mounted grandmasters. THAT was actually op. Ask gps :D

don't suppose you recorded some of this i love watching gps die and thats the nice way to put it

Neinth
12-25-2011, 04:52 AM
I can feel the holiday cheer :>

knightl
12-25-2011, 05:34 AM
I can feel the holiday cheer :>

merry christmas to all and all a arrow in the knee :)

im going to be gone for 2weeks on the first of January for some old republic streaming so see you all back then

buddhist23
12-25-2011, 08:23 AM
aww andre going into insults now. No sir..it's called your taking advantage of a bug..i'm pretty sure troops should be able to ignore o giant plants by running past them. Be thankful I didn't even siege you during when enchanters were op. ORcs + enchanters? strategy? no. You abusing op grandmasters? strategy? no? You hypocrite. Speak what you use....

Eaglecrys
12-25-2011, 09:00 AM
The monster plants are only a issue when they are above ground. After they eat a troop and go back into the ground the troops can move past. My own army has done this many times. Now if you click on map and forget your troops yes they will stand there in attack formation waiting for plant to come back up. Dont have them clicked to attck things on the way and you can move them past plants. Only if you also click them to move again after first attack.

I play orc and elves. My orcs have yet to have a issue of this amount with plants but I also dont attack a enemy wall with a handfull of archers or troops for that matter.

If enough troops are in the area the plants die really fast. Another suggestion if you do have one is a dragon fireball in the area of plant. It also work very good and has better accuracey then a treb cause yes lol they cant hit side of a barn.

Another suggestion is if you have a healing troop send them over plants they eat a person go away move past heal up troop is back lol. PLacement of these plants is crucial to if they work well or not.

Joseph Visscher
12-25-2011, 10:01 AM
stop starting a flame war.

Garviolas will get up after eating troops slower next patch.

If you know there weakness which is fire. They really are not any problem.