PDA

View Full Version : Laggy Graphics

GamerGuy
12-15-2011, 12:16 AM
My game has really laggy graphics almost like a strobing effect units move as if they have a very slow frame rate.

AMD Proccessor: phenom II x2 (3.0 ghz)
Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 4290
RAM: 8 gigs
Dirrectx: 11

i have used in game chat to see if anyone else is having "strobing animations" or a laggy feel to their units and/or any kind of screen stickyness they only say in pvp matches but in pve it runs smooth. Is my hardware the problem cause its not running smooth.

knightl
12-15-2011, 02:28 AM
My game has really laggy graphics almost like a strobing effect units move as if they have a very slow frame rate.

AMD Proccessor: phenom II x2 (3.0 ghz)
Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 4290
RAM: 8 gigs
Dirrectx: 11

i have used in game chat to see if anyone else is having "strobing animations" or a laggy feel to their units and/or any kind of screen stickyness they only say in pvp matches but in pve it runs smooth. Is my hardware the problem cause its not running smooth.

try see what it stops lagging on and then slowly increase it to see if a certain option is the problem

Brian Shingles
12-15-2011, 05:10 AM
Some players have reported issues with the game stuttering when using a hardware accelerated mouse, so if you are using one you could try turning off hardware acceleration or using a non hardware accelerated mouse and see if that helps.

You could also try turning off various graphics options within the game or setting them to low.

knightl
12-15-2011, 05:33 AM
Some players have reported issues with the game stuttering when using a hardware accelerated mouse, so if you are using one you could try turning off hardware acceleration or using a non hardware accelerated mouse and see if that helps.

You could also try turning off various graphics options within the game or setting them to low.

exactly what he said and thanks for updating that thread

GamerGuy
12-15-2011, 12:27 PM
how do you know if ur using a hardware accelerated mouse?

How do you turn hardware acceleration off in windows 7
(other than going to cntrl panel -> display & res settings-> adv settings -> trouble shoot->change settings (because mine wont let me go there)?

GamerGuy
12-15-2011, 12:44 PM
I have tried everything as far as disabling acceleration and its not helping. I think the problem is this game runs better with xp not win 7. i just dont get what the problem is none of my other games have any issues.

I need to fix these sluggish animations because it is making my game un playable

szebus
12-15-2011, 01:09 PM
Don't think that win 7 would be a problem as I use win 7 64bit to and have no problem with the game in highest detail, except of course a sometimes laggy pvp.

GamerGuy
12-15-2011, 06:54 PM
can you plz state the equivilant radeon card that would be recomended for this game?

maybe my radeon HD 4290 is not good enough? its an intergrated video chip that came with mobo

can you please let me know if this is the problem as im am preparing to buy a new graphics card.

Griegor Mcvennor
12-15-2011, 07:18 PM
Gamerguy,
The recommended (ie for best performance) would be a Raedon 5570 or better.

The minimum is a Gforce 8800. Your card is equal to a Gforce 9500 so it should work fine at minimal GFX settings. I do not know if the fact that it is an integrated chip as opposed to a stand alone card is an issue or not.

I wouldn't buy another card solely for this game. I'd only do it if you were going to upgrade anyhow. Ideally you want a GFX card with at least 1 gig of ram.

Take this advice how you want. Also, please note the following

* This is merely my personal opinion. I am NOT a developer nor do I work for Reverie Studios.

GamerGuy
12-15-2011, 10:22 PM
well the way i opperate is i dont buy a new video card until i run into a problem that is caused by my old video card....so with that being said i think i might try a new video card as i need one anyway. But of course id like to know what could be causing all this laggy play if my card is already supposed to be able to handle the game

Joseph Visscher
12-15-2011, 11:51 PM
got more specs from google...

Radeon HD 4290 (AMD 890GX)
stream processors: 40
GPU clock: 700MHz
Memory clock: 667MHz
Memory size: 128MB (on board) + system memory = 384 mbs

I think your card is just to old GamerGuy, if you bought a 1gb card I think you'd run the game perfectly.

Also if you can, post up your motherboard specs, and even your harddrive specs if you have them.

Also are you 64 bit or 32 bit?

Regardless, I think its time to buy a a new graphics card. :( that one is like from the 2003-2005 era...?

Questar
12-16-2011, 07:27 PM
Hey guys,

So I'm getting tolerable lag in the main map/move your armies view as well as in my city or other cities but it isn't too bad. But when I load into the "view map" looting/battle my lag is so bad it's unplayable. The graphics are on the lowest possible, ^_^

I'm running a Radeon HD 4600 GFX card with 1 gig memory. The computer as a whole(which is running XP 32bit) has 4gig.

Really like to get this working better....playing the orcs without the ability to randomly loot is proving a bit o' a challenge. Any way to get the lag down? I've heard the game hates XP, is that true?

GamerGuy
12-16-2011, 08:46 PM
Ok so here is the latest update to my sitution:

I ran out to best buy and grabbed my self a GeForce GT 430 graphics card (not a very good one i know). I got this card just to see if getting a better graphics card would take care of the laggy game play

The Results are...........yes it worked!!! The game runs smooth now and there is not laggy animations or graphics. I baught this cheap card (89.00) just to see if this would fix the problem and it did. So if ur having problems with laggy graphics and you have an older card thats the reason. Now that i know the card was the issue im gunna order my self a nice new Radeon from newegg and then return this piece of crap to BestBuy when it arrives in the mail.

Awsome Game!!! when you dont have to deal with laggy graphics!!

Joseph Visscher
12-16-2011, 09:57 PM
Hey guys,

So I'm getting tolerable lag in the main map/move your armies view as well as in my city or other cities but it isn't too bad. But when I load into the "view map" looting/battle my lag is so bad it's unplayable. The graphics are on the lowest possible, ^_^

I'm running a Radeon HD 4600 GFX card with 1 gig memory. The computer as a whole(which is running XP 32bit) has 4gig.

Really like to get this working better....playing the orcs without the ability to randomly loot is proving a bit o' a challenge. Any way to get the lag down? I've heard the game hates XP, is that true?

Yes the game has a horrible xp lagspikes, we will be trying to fix them hopefully in a month which is really bad I know. I personally love xp but I'm upgrading to windows 7, i cant stand getting left behind like this. Also what is your CPU? if it can handle 64 bit xp, I would try upgrading to 64 bit xp if you can not get win7, but make sure your ram and cpu can do 64 bit!

Also the view mode needs polish, its way to large and laggy.

Ok so here is the latest update to my sitution:

I ran out to best buy and grabbed my self a GeForce GT 430 graphics card (not a very good one i know). I got this card just to see if getting a better graphics card would take care of the laggy game play

The Results are...........yes it worked!!! The game runs smooth now and there is not laggy animations or graphics. I baught this cheap card (89.00) just to see if this would fix the problem and it did. So if ur having problems with laggy graphics and you have an older card thats the reason. Now that i know the card was the issue im gunna order my self a nice new Radeon from newegg and then return this piece of crap to BestBuy when it arrives in the mail.

Awsome Game!!! when you dont have to deal with laggy graphics!!

Good to hear! I knew that would fix it, it was about time, you will need that card to play future games also.

Questar
12-17-2011, 12:06 PM
Processor: 64x2 Dual Core 5200

Is it likely the massive lag is due to XP? I'm trying to figure out if moving up to vista(which I might be able to get a free copy of) would help out the game..