PDA

View Full Version : New Patch Preview

Konstantin Fomenko
12-11-2011, 08:38 PM
We decided to take out sweet time testing out the new patch, and due to the delay we are posting the preview - included bellow. It doesn`t include entire patch list and we might surprise you with a couple of last minute major additions:)

As for ETA - we are looking for tomorrow late evening.

Patch # 1.1.4 PREVIEW

:::::Visual Improvements:::::
-Brand news Shadows code as part of the visual improvements project
-Fixed Shadows flickering on low settings
-Greatly improved Shadows visual performance - try higher settings
-Turning shadows off now works

:::::Major Fixes and Additions:::::
- Strike Team Out of Sync Project shows round 1 improvements - fixed large number of OOS issues
-Added PvP protection for new players until palisade wall or quest line progression
-Added option to buy PvP protection at the Booster Market
-PvP protection now saves on reload of the homeland.
-Fixed rare issue with wall construction getting stuck at 0.00 build time

:::::Minor Fixes and Additions:::::
-Fixed a rare bug with PvP getting stuck on a loading screen
-Entering bonus codes is now easier, automatically removes empty characters
-Fixed final issues with livestock food income rating showing wrong values
-Fixed livestock food going over the maximum value
-Fixed Dragon XP for next level glitch
-Fixed Hero & Dragon Health skill giving +50 and normal units +100, other way around now.
-Defend Your Homeland quest will now disappear from the quest window after PvP
-Fixed rare issue with build walls buttons not allowing to build next round of walls

::::Major Balance Adjustments:::::
-Increased town resources capacity by 20% based on population
-Heroes base Health increased to 3000 from 2000
-Dragon pierce armour resistant is now always at 80% and can`t be upgraded

andreicde
12-11-2011, 08:44 PM
I agree with the large oos found part :p

GPS51
12-11-2011, 09:22 PM
I can't wait to see this hit the live server :) My favorite moment of testing was undoubtedly buzzing Kon's town with 9 dragons on the wing :D yes indeedy...such things are far too fun.

DJplumo
12-12-2011, 06:37 AM
I hope the interface gets a small overhaul as well in the future. The font + background make it sometimes hard to read :(. It is not on par with the rest of the game IMHO.

Keep up the good work though !

Griegor Mcvennor
12-12-2011, 05:12 PM
It's nice to see the fruits of labor taking shape. I hope everyone is as excited about these changes as I am.

Konstantin Fomenko
12-12-2011, 07:29 PM
:) It looks like we`ll only be able to release the patch tomorrow afternoon. Sorry for the delay everyone!!!

Griegor Mcvennor
12-12-2011, 08:06 PM
Somone get the pitchforks and torches! I'll get the tar and feathers! C'mon men lets form a mob and march on the programmer's officer! Konstantin you bring the beer.

Gongora
12-13-2011, 05:55 AM
YYYYEEEEEEESSSSSSSS PvP protection...now I can build a massive army to max size without being stoped untill im ready.....yea...I will most likely lose. But epic fights are the best...always lose on small skirmish fights....always get stuck with the wrong combination of troops

ongre
12-13-2011, 08:39 AM
You guys are revamping the shadow engine and releasing it today and never did a little video to show the difference ? It's a shame !!

andreicde
12-13-2011, 09:14 AM
You guys are revamping the shadow engine and releasing it today and never did a little video to show the difference ? It's a shame !!

videos are a waste of time actually unless you are dong to squeeze money from people. Plus they delay devs from working on the game

Arthurion
12-13-2011, 09:18 AM
We decided to take out sweet time testing out the new patch, and due to the delay we are posting the preview - included bellow. It doesn`t include entire patch list and we might surprise you with a couple of last minute major additions:)

As for ETA - we are looking for tomorrow late evening.

Patch # 1.1.4 PREVIEW

:::::Visual Improvements:::::
-Brand news Shadows code as part of the visual improvements project
-Fixed Shadows flickering on low settings
-Greatly improved Shadows visual performance - try higher settings
-Turning shadows off now works

:::::Major Fixes and Additions:::::
- Strike Team Out of Sync Project shows round 1 improvements - fixed large number of OOS issues
-Added PvP protection for new players until palisade wall or quest line progression
-Added option to buy PvP protection at the Booster Market
-PvP protection now saves on reload of the homeland.
-Fixed rare issue with wall construction getting stuck at 0.00 build time

:::::Minor Fixes and Additions:::::
-Fixed a rare bug with PvP getting stuck on a loading screen
-Entering bonus codes is now easier, automatically removes empty characters
-Fixed final issues with livestock food income rating showing wrong values
-Fixed livestock food going over the maximum value
-Fixed Dragon XP for next level glitch
-Fixed Hero & Dragon Health skill giving +50 and normal units +100, other way around now.
-Defend Your Homeland quest will now disappear from the quest window after PvP
-Fixed rare issue with build walls buttons not allowing to build next round of walls

::::Major Balance Adjustments:::::
-Increased town resources capacity by 20% based on population
-Heroes base Health increased to 3000 from 2000
-Dragon pierce armour resistant is now always at 80% and can`t be upgraded

Verry nice this all , but when are you guy's making a auto repair tool for people that bought the game tru download wile the main game files are bugged and corrupted :mad: patching maybe makes it better for people who had the luck to downloading a bug-free basic game wile the rest are constantly crashing i payed 30 euro's for a so called full game? that is just not right! . I dont even notice if a patch works. It would realy help to put a bug free basic version on the site for people to download it and than fill in there Key code they already have, so that atleast the base game is not corrupted.Tthe game files have no repair tool and that sks big time. Downloading the game for reinstall sks, you get 30 sites that all want you to buy there crab, after you can try installing the game and just hope it works?:confused: , this is sad. no way ima pay 30 euro's again to hopefully get the bug free basic game. After i had to delete all my city's couse they could not even load normal, losing a hero and he dont come back, graphx game options that are not responding, texst lines that run outside there boxes, resourses just disapearing, single player mode crashing ect. How about fixing that before adding more bugs to the game. Bisides the fact i did not give up hope yet i would realy get some atention on this or sent me my MONEY BACK!!

andreicde
12-13-2011, 09:52 AM
Verry nice this all , but when are you guy's making a auto repair tool for people that bought the game tru download wile the main game files are bugged and corrupted :mad: patching maybe makes it better for people who had the luck to downloading a bug-free basic game wile the rest are constantly crashing i payed 30 euro's for a so called full game? that is just not right! . I dont even notice if a patch works. It would realy help to put a bug free basic version on the site for people to download it and than fill in there Key code they already have, so that atleast the base game is not corrupted.Tthe game files have no repair tool and that sks big time. Downloading the game for reinstall sks, you get 30 sites that all want you to buy there crab, after you can try installing the game and just hope it works?:confused: , this is sad. no way ima pay 30 euro's again to hopefully get the bug free basic game. After i had to delete all my city's couse they could not even load normal, losing a hero and he dont come back, graphx game options that are not responding, texst lines that run outside there boxes, resourses just disapearing, single player mode crashing ect. How about fixing that before adding more bugs to the game. Bisides the fact i did not give up hope yet i would realy get some atention on this or sent me my MONEY BACK!!

actually they are still working on the rest,except people asked for shadow also long time ago. Also if you think this is bad,try stronghold 3,then we can talk about a full game

Dreamwalker
12-13-2011, 04:12 PM
Well, Arthurion, if you have a bunch of bugs (believe me, it's something we all deal with) post reports about them on the bug reports forum. (and remember to include a log too. There's a sticky about how to do that in the technical suport forum).

And since it seems that this is your first post, I don't suppose you've done any of that yet. Please, don't complain about bugs untill you've actually reported them.

Konstantin Fomenko
12-13-2011, 06:39 PM
Arthurion - every time you run the game it updates itself. So you DO have all the latest files, in-fact everyone who have ever purchased the game have up-do-date files. If your game crashes a lot this is just another bug which only effects small number of people (for majority of players crashes are extremely rare).

I would suggest you submit a full bug report in the Tech Support forum including DxDiag, Log1.txt file (can be found in your main Dawn of Fantasy folder after a crash). And this will help us address the problems you are having.

TheWeeIrish
12-13-2011, 08:26 PM
So are we getting the update today? :D

Nimiria
12-14-2011, 04:47 AM
What was about the skill points from units? Till now there was nothing to resett. When will the new skill system arrive?

But it still looks like a good update :)

Novakiller
12-14-2011, 12:57 PM
YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH pvp protection at last!!!! thanks devs

Safey18
12-14-2011, 04:58 PM
YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH pvp protection at last!!!! thanks devs

:( I hope it costs a lot so no one gets it!

Novakiller
12-14-2011, 05:36 PM
LOL nooooooo... dont want it costing a lot... no no :(

want to be able to finish the quest storylines off without getting screwed in the process on my way to them

GPS51
12-14-2011, 05:44 PM
Which reminds me.. my dragons are hungry.

Safey18
12-14-2011, 06:55 PM
Which reminds me.. my dragons are hungry.

Hmmm yes my royal dragon army needs some competition... anyone else have an army of 4 royal drags? xD

Novakiller
12-14-2011, 07:48 PM
Is there an ETA on this patch? konst mentioned it was going to be released a day ago or so according to his post but still nothing as of right now

Konstantin Fomenko
12-14-2011, 08:29 PM
ETA is about 20 minutes.:)

Joseph Visscher
12-14-2011, 08:37 PM
Signed out...
11 and a half hours for the 14th of december......

10 and a half hours for the 13th of december......

If i had a girlfriend, she would dump me. :(

Konstantin Fomenko
12-14-2011, 08:40 PM
And the servers are offline - patching in progress!

Great work Joseph - I for once looking forward to playing without OOS. Huge thank you to the new Strike Team for helping make this patch happen!

andreicde
12-14-2011, 08:42 PM
And the servers are offline - patching in progress!

Great work Joseph - I for once looking forward to playing without OOS. Huge thank you to the new Strike Team for helping make this patch happen!

lol we didn't had any choice. Joe was staying with his whip near us and 10 hits per match without OOS, double for GPS since he was strike leader :(