PDA

View Full Version : Problem Re-Installing

Dreamwalker
12-11-2011, 12:58 PM
Ok. Here's the issue:

To fix my pvp and chat bugs, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I uninstalled fine, and deleted all the old files. I found the link on my 'no pvp for me' thread and downloaded the game from there.

But: I have to say I'm stuck now. There's a whole bunch of things that got downloaded. I found the one that said "dawn of fantasy" and tried to install. But after about a minute of installing, I got this message:

Source file not found:
C:\DOCUME~1\USERNAME\LOCALS~1\TEMP\wzfbd\Main
Verify that this file exists and that you can access it

The only options it gave me were retry and cancel (I tried retry, and of course it didn't work).
I thought this might have to do with the Main file that also got downloaded. When I tried to open the Main file, it asked me what program I wanted to use. But no programs I have can open it.

What am I doing wrong? Any response would be greatly appreciated.

Konstantin Fomenko
12-11-2011, 01:27 PM
Make sure you user WinRar to extract the arhive (you can download it for free just search for WinRar download).

Also try running Setup.Exe in the archive as an Administrator.

I forgot which one of these two fixes this:d

Dreamwalker
12-11-2011, 03:46 PM
I have good news and bad news:

The good news is, I tried both the things you suggested, and the game installed fine.
The bad news is the pvp and chat bugs are still very much there.

But I've thought of a few things that might be important:

-Whenever I see someone else's chat, it always says [dev] in front of their username. (but I'd assume it's just supposed to be for devs?)
-On the world map, the home city button and attached buttons (alliance, forums, etc.) get in the way of some of the army interface buttons (specifically, the pvp button). No buttons, not just the pvp one, work when they're smushed behind the other buttons (even though they press down as if they've been pressed). So is there some way to minimize the home city button and everything attached to it? It might just solve this problem.

Hope some of this helps. :)

Konstantin Fomenko
12-11-2011, 03:59 PM
Too bad:( But your last sentence just gave me an idea. DoF uses your windows default resolution, what is it? Can you try increasing your windows resolution - or try whatever options you have there - and see if that might fix the chat and PvP button...course looks like this might just be the GUI issue not working right on a certain resolution.

Dreamwalker
12-11-2011, 04:12 PM
YES! It worked! :D

So yeah, the only problem was that on my default resolution (1024 by 768) the buttons were on top of each other. So if you guys could fix this, it would be great.

And of course, my chat bug is still active.

Konstantin Fomenko
12-11-2011, 04:40 PM
Ok so changing resolution only fixed PvP button bug, but you still can`t type in the chat? I think it`s again resolution issue - try couple of different settings to confirm it, it should work... and yeah now that we know what the problem is we can finally fix it heh.

Dreamwalker
12-13-2011, 04:37 PM
Hmm...nope, chat still dosen't work. Guess that would be too easy.

One thing though: When you chat, you actually type right in the box, right? Not in a little bar under it? Just wondering, since it looks like it would be hard to type in the box as other people's chat appears on top of what you're typing (and for the record, I don't have any kind of bar to type in).

Is my chat box somehow different from how it's supposed to be? Just throwing ideas around.

Brian Shingles
12-14-2011, 05:49 AM
One thing though: When you chat, you actually type right in the box, right? Not in a little bar under it? Just wondering, since it looks like it would be hard to type in the box as other people's chat appears on top of what you're typing (and for the record, I don't have any kind of bar to type in).

Is my chat box somehow different from how it's supposed to be? Just throwing ideas around.
You type in the bar below where the chat is displayed. The send button is to the right of where you type. (See attached image (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2157&stc=1&d=1323866930))

Dreamwalker
12-14-2011, 05:21 PM
Brian, you're a genius. And I'm a serious idiot. The chat does work after all, never noticed the bar. :o

Sorry for wasting time and all. But hey, now my two biggest bugs are fixed! Thank you guys for putting up with me.

Yeah, sorry again. I feel so dang dumb.

Konstantin Fomenko
12-14-2011, 07:19 PM
Brian, you're a genius. And I'm a serious idiot. The chat does work after all, never noticed the bar.
Hahaha! ROFL - this made my day:) Glad to help lol.