PDA

View Full Version : da fantasy modification thread

iceblast
02-18-2009, 12:33 PM
this is ideas on what mod u would want to make or see for this upcoming game.

1) id like to make an inheritance mod for this game as my bfme2 was stopped :(
2) a lord of da rings mod would be nice
3) a modification of 300 would be awesum

Puppeteer
02-18-2009, 02:13 PM
Well, you know my vote.
But if you don't, Undead ftw!
And a Total Magic would be nice. Nothing to do with Total War (thank god), just lots of magic. Standard fireball casters, anyone? :p

Joseph Visscher
02-18-2009, 03:57 PM
just lots of magic. Standard fireball casters, anyone? :p

Hopefully that wont have to be a mod.

crex719
02-18-2009, 04:31 PM
Ill help with a Lotr Mod...but Ill wait till the game comes out ;)

Puppeteer
02-19-2009, 04:36 AM
I know Grizzlez intends on doing a good LOTR mod for this. Considering he's taking modelling courses and is proficient in some areas of coding, that should be good.

iceblast
02-22-2009, 02:28 PM
noone wont never say no to lord of a rings mod on any rts medival game the books and more mostly the movies had just been so much enjoyed world wide. im sure a mod on this game would own the ea game bfme series. i use to love that game not now lol i play modded madden.

Bryan Oakley
02-22-2009, 04:39 PM
noone wont never say no to lord of a rings

No.

(You see what I did there?)

iceblast
02-25-2009, 12:30 PM
No.

um was it typo i swear i put lord of the rings but maybe u edited and put a rings? :rolleyes: :eek:

nickson104
02-25-2009, 05:18 PM
um was it typo i swear i put lord of the rings but maybe u edited and put a rings? :rolleyes: :eek:

because thats how he rolls...

MrBlack103
02-25-2009, 11:15 PM
No.

Quick, someone kill him!

Jokes, aside, Inheritance Cycle all the way! Wait til the fourth book comes out, though. Don't forget to include painless soldiers as an Empire unit, I wanna use them to smash enemy formations apart.

Bryan Oakley
02-26-2009, 10:58 AM

I would never edit anyone's post in such a way. I think you totally missed the joke. :rolleyes:

because thats how he rolls...

They see me rollin' they hatin'.....

Quick, someone kill him!

Jokes, aside, Inheritance Cycle all the way! Wait til the fourth book comes out, though. Don't forget to include painless soldiers as an Empire unit, I wanna use them to smash enemy formations apart.

Kill me? But how can one kill a god? While I have Joseph's Banhammer I cannot be killed. <takes aim with hammer> Hmm, no, I shall let you live this time, but remember:

Eka eddyr wyrda...

iceblast
02-26-2009, 02:10 PM
I would never edit anyone's post in such a way. I think you totally missed the joke. :rolleyes:
Eka eddyr wyrda...

my bad i bad at seeing jokes online.

and eka eddyr wyrda means? lol

Bryan Oakley
02-26-2009, 04:23 PM
my bad i bad at seeing jokes online.

and eka eddyr wyrda means? lol

It's an Inheritance thing. Anybody wish to translate it?

The Witch King of Angmar
02-26-2009, 04:59 PM
If this isn't off topic... I agree on the LOTR mod. With the way DoF castles look, Lothlorien could look alot better than portrayed in BFME.

Andy Joslin
02-27-2009, 06:26 AM
If this isn't off topic... I agree on the LOTR mod. With the way DoF castles look, Lothlorien could look alot better than portrayed in BFME.

Definitely. You could scale up the great trees to about twice their current size (http://xs536.xs.to/xs536/09081/largetree989.png) and then use elven bridges, walls, weirdly rotated buildings, etc. and put bridge markers so it's all walkable. You could make a fully walkable kingdom in the sky with our lovely bridge markers (you just place a marker which creates a walkmesh at its location in-game).

nickson104
02-27-2009, 09:50 AM
It's an Inheritance thing. Anybody wish to translate it?

I cant translate it all, not read the books in ages and have had absoloutely no desire to read them again or buy the next one since reading brisingr...

Wyrda means fate and is possibly a very important word...

Du Gata Wyrda - The path of fate :)

MrBlack103
02-27-2009, 02:42 PM
So... what exactly is it that people have against Brisingr?

Bryan Oakley
02-27-2009, 05:53 PM
So... what exactly is it that people have against Brisingr?

I love the Inheritance Series however in the Brisingr book, the thing that truly made me mad was Spoiler: (highlight to see better) was the dragon-soul-orb thing. That just made me almost want to rip my book in half. However, in my mind I completely erased that and thought of a different way.

...Wow this is really off topic. No more off topic in this post, if you wish, you may create an Inheritance thread to discuss the cycle.

MrBlack103
02-28-2009, 04:08 PM
Well, this IS the off-topic forum.

Also, I would like to see a LEGO mod, perhaps based around the current Castle line of products.

Grizzlez
03-02-2009, 09:43 AM
Personally I want to see the modding tools and play around with the capabilities before I dedicate time to modding the game. A lot of it sounds perfect for many mods, but a TC mod requiring loads of work needs to be on the perfect game.
If a LoTR mod fits well with the game then I'll attempt that, if not i'll probably try to add things to game to vary it slightly.

MrBlack103
03-02-2009, 06:46 PM
Good point, though there's no harm in ideas, is there?

I reckon LotR would be a really good fit for this game - I would love it if the modding tools allowed for player-built cities on the scale and complexity of Minas Tirith. Wait a minute, no - the scale and complexity of Barad'Dur:rolleyes: . Now THAT would be a hellava mod:D

Grizzlez
03-11-2009, 01:44 PM
Anyone else considering mods for this game already?

ash12181987
03-12-2009, 09:09 PM
I'd say that the most thought I've put into modding, would be a game-world centered thing, expanding on races, content etc. But, my concerns would be with the coding, scripting, and other features involved therein. Most of which I couldn't consider until such time as such, that I had played and had a feel for the game as a whole.

But thats just me.