PDA

View Full Version : custom units

darath
07-24-2007, 09:15 AM
will you be able to make a custum unit? if you are these points should be considered.

1.being able to select how many in battlion
2.what weapons, armour and skills they have
3.what they look like and there name
4.there class e.g.warrior or mage(mages have less armour and weapon options but use powerful spells)

also points one and two should judge the cost e.g. 5 units with leather armour and rusty swords and no skills will be cheaper then 8 units with steel platemail, broadswords and skills.

if you have anything to add please do so

The Witch King of Angmar
07-24-2007, 09:58 AM
I don't think they would give this option but seeing how much Reverie has done so far I'd say there might be a possibility.

Konstantin Fomenko
07-24-2007, 10:46 AM
You won`t believe with how much jealousy I eyed the Custom hero feature in BftME 2. It would be perfect for our MMORTS multiplayer. If we get some extra resources we`ll definitely try to add this in.

No custom units at this point - we got to save something for DoF2:) But for the record, initially we intended to fully support custom unit feature in DoF1.

Darvin
07-24-2007, 12:19 PM
Well, make sure you do a better job than the BFME custom heroes if your do follow that path. At very least a cost system to better balance hero skills. Custom heroes in BFME were so poorly balanced that they were never used.

SPARROW94
07-24-2007, 02:34 PM
You won`t believe with how much jealousy I eyed the Custom hero feature in BftME 2. It would be perfect for our MMORTS multiplayer. If we get some extra resources we`ll definitely try to add this in.

No custom units at this point - we got to save something for DoF2:) But for the record, initially we intended to fully support custom unit feature in DoF1.

dude theres going to be a DoF2 KICK @$$

jap88
07-24-2007, 03:52 PM
I'm wondering if there will be anything left that they'll be able to throw in it though :p

Ryan Zelazny
07-24-2007, 07:34 PM
We actually had a lot of ideas that couldn't be added to DoF due to time constraints.

A remark I keep hearing on the forums is, "this has everything I've ever wanted in an RTS" and thats basically where us as a company are coming from, we started in a modding community, so the founders decided to make a game that had everything they thought should be included in an RTS. Unfortunately everything we wanted to have couldn't get added, so thats where DoF2 comes in.

Silent_Lamb
07-24-2007, 11:03 PM
Well that's unfortunate, although not suprising.

I'm sure it would be alright with all the fans (heh, don't take that as if I'm giving you permission) if you guys held back the game to make it exactly the way you wanted it.

The Witch King of Angmar
07-25-2007, 08:58 AM
We actually had a lot of ideas that couldn't be added to DoF due to time constraints.

A remark I keep hearing on the forums is, "this has everything I've ever wanted in an RTS" and thats basically where us as a company are coming from, we started in a modding community, so the founders decided to make a game that had everything they thought should be included in an RTS. Unfortunately everything we wanted to have couldn't get added, so thats where DoF2 comes in.

Just make sure it has a good storyline. Otherwise just make an expansion for it.

SPARROW94
07-25-2007, 01:18 PM
sounds cool to me :D

WhiteHawk
07-26-2007, 03:31 PM
Then why buy Dawn of Fantasy when you can wait for Dawn of Fantasy 2?...

..oh wait, I know..because not only can you learn the first part of the storyline but you will also help support Reverie and thus give them money to make DoF2 even better!

jap88
07-26-2007, 04:26 PM
never mind...oops

Ryan Zelazny
07-27-2007, 10:59 AM
Because it's taken almost 6 years for DoF, how long are you willing to wait for DoF2?

The Witch King of Angmar
07-27-2007, 11:55 AM
Because it's taken almost 6 years for DoF, how long are you willing to wait for DoF2?

6 years! Man I thought this game was only being worked on for 2 years or so. I guess I'm used to the lack of effort EA puts into their games by spending only 6 months on them. Lol.

Ryan Zelazny
07-27-2007, 12:22 PM
A big part of it is due to us being an independant developer, which basically means we don't get paid until the game is published. So a lot of us have been working for free for the last 5 years, which means we only work part time on it, as we'd starve otherwise.

The Witch King of Angmar
07-27-2007, 01:59 PM
A big part of it is due to us being an independant developer, which basically means we don't get paid until the game is published. So a lot of us have been working for free for the last 5 years, which means we only work part time on it, as we'd starve otherwise.

Yeah that stinks. Man hire me!!! I would love to work on video games or at least learn about how to make them. Even if I can't help at least make me a janitor! Lol. :p

SPARROW94
07-27-2007, 03:21 PM
wow 5 years back then i would of been 8 years old

jap88
07-27-2007, 04:36 PM
It's been under development for 6 years? wow, didn't know that. In that case we can exepct the game to be way above expectations :p

Manasky
07-31-2007, 06:39 AM

I really respect you for this.

Six years in development and the project is still worked on, amazing.

You guys and wildfiregames.com are my heroes in the game industry, lol.

It's clear you do this for passion and not mostly for the money, and with your dedication I'm sure this game will really stand out of the crows. However, I hope it won't take another two years before the game is out. You should release the game soon enought, make money on it, and use your new resources on making even better games at a faster phase. But PLEASE don't end up like EA. I would be very sad if that ever happened.:D

Ryan Zelazny
07-31-2007, 10:23 AM
Welcome to the forums Manasky, and thanks for the positive words. It's true that this is a labour of love for all of us, I couldn't imagine working any other job without pay for any period of time, and this is shared ideal within our company. Not saying that we don't like money, cause thats not the case, but it's the fact that for many of us, this is our dream job and we'll strive to make it a reality.

Anyway... this is getting OT, but thanks again.

SPARROW94
07-31-2007, 11:27 PM
SUCKUP why not root for reveirs new cosplay producer SPARROW94

LordSlayer
04-23-2008, 06:30 PM
It's true that this is a labour of love for all of us, I couldn't imagine working any other job without pay for any period of time, and this is shared ideal within our company. Not saying that we don't like money, cause thats not the case, but it's the fact that for many of us, this is our dream job and we'll strive to make it a reality.

I hope that with the success of Dof you'll actually be payed to produce Dof2!

Neotyguy40
04-23-2008, 07:49 PM
I hope that with the success of DoW you'll actually be payed to produce DoW2!

Umm, I hope you mean DoF, not DoW... Either that, or I have no idea what your talking about...

SPARROW94
05-15-2008, 11:27 PM
Umm, I hope you mean DoF, not DoW... Either that, or I have no idea what your talking about...

petty fool do resaerch..because right now war hammer dawn of war 2 is in the works... I AM THE KING OF RTS