PDA

View Full Version : Patch # 1.1.1 B - War on OOS!

Konstantin Fomenko
11-25-2011, 11:55 AM
We are release another minor patch today. However today`s little patch has a lot of promise. We are trying a potential fix for majority of the Out of Sync issues, and if this works OOS in PvP will be a thing of the past. In addition today`s patch does some badly needed balancing for Town Siege PvP games. Stay tuned for a large patch on Sunday.

Patch is Live

Patch # 1.1.1 C

:::::Major Fixes and Additions:::::
-Attempting a massive OOS fix - OOS will only happen under extreme conditions

:::::Minor Fixes and Additions:::::
-Added Cancel button for the PvP protection timer
-Fixed issue with Enchanter healing crashing the game

::::Major Balance Adjustments:::::
-Regular arrows become almost useless against siege engines
-Fire arrows more effective against siege weapons
-Dwarven Rifleman range, armour, attack greatly decreased
-Siege Towers, Treant, Belfries gain significant arrow armour
-Siege Ram, Siege Ladders, and Escalade gain significant arrow armour
-Dwarven cannons gain 150 stamina and increased mobility

Griegor Mcvennor
11-25-2011, 12:20 PM
LOL you can blame the arrow changes on me. Overall good patch changes though. I might shed a tear over the riflemen nerf but I havn't test them enough to see if 900 was truly overpowered since the riflemen's range can't be upgraded anyhow via XP like archers.

Dreamwalker
11-25-2011, 12:22 PM
Happy to see more patching already! :D

Here's hoping sunday's patch is a good one; maybe it will fix my chat and pvp bugs? ;)
And maybe we'll see some of that dwarf promo...

Konstantin Fomenko
11-25-2011, 01:30 PM
In Sunday`s patch we plan to solve more OOS issues as well as all the leveling stuff. Also some Army vs Town PvP improvements.

Dwarven Invasion is scheduled for Monday.

Boricsmith
11-25-2011, 01:50 PM
Just had some type of OOS where the battelefield didn't even finish loading before I had lost.

I was near Darsen (Rollingplain) in an encampment. When the screen moved to the battlefield I had already lost and lost 201-204 influence!

My army was strength of 717 and was intact after loss, but my influence was gone.

Player: Boricsmith
Town: Thaleron (Wold region), slot 1, Army 3
Event happened while transitioning to PVP battle against army of around 749 strength.

For some reason I can't attach logs.

Sunleader
11-25-2011, 03:45 PM
Well
So far not looking good

My Game Crashed upon a Bigger Battle
it lasted longer than usually tough

Second try on PvP went OOS like I am used to it.

I still think one of the most massive Problems is the Lag in it.
which causes the Clients to gather different Data

But well
just hope this will be fixed with time

Konstantin Fomenko
11-25-2011, 04:38 PM
To confirm about that crash. Were either you or your opponent using Enchanters, Foot Knight or Hero heal ability? We think it`s responsible for the crashes.

was near Darsen (Rollingplain) in an encampment. When the screen moved to the battlefield I had already lost and lost 201-204 influence!
This is a separate bug that we are hoping to fix next week.

but my influence was gone.
Can you confirm how much did you loose? And to verify it wasn`t 0 after battle, but some other value 5, 10?

Sunleader
11-25-2011, 05:36 PM
Actually I might bring up another Theory

I have been testing this as much as Possible

And I have noticed some stuff

When I was playing I often Noticed the Larger my Army the more OOS
So I tough maybe the Lag

Now I have done some other Testing

Like for Example Using a Large mass of lvl 1 Units
and this doesnt end in lag even tough I used alot of Units which should be causing Lags

then I did some specific testing with small Armys but Bugged Units
and they really went OOS short after Battle Startet

Also you guys have been Fixing and Fixing but it doesnt change anything for me

So my Idea tends to Shift that this might all be already fixed and only persists in such high matter due to Older Bugs

Means
Since Many Armys still Have Incredible Bugged Units
theres always Bugged Units causing OOS
and of course the Bigger the Battle the higher the Chance that theres a Bugged Unit along

I would vote for this

Reset ALL Units to lvl 1 and Remove ALL Skills
Same Goes for Hero

Then Disable the Training Option in Citys till the Bug which is causing more stats than allowed
to get into the Units

That should at least Fix a Large part of OOS Errors
Even if it is a hard Measure of couse

Ah Also
Adding a Small Report

Upon on Logging in My Units had lost all Points
after taking em out of City Marching a little and going back to City
they suddenly had their Stats Back

Unfortunately didnt work for my Hero
only for my Units

Which are Sadly Bugged again tough
Swordmen shouldnt have a Damage of 97000 ......

Konstantin Fomenko
11-25-2011, 08:14 PM
Sunleader - I`m pretty sure your completely right about this - it`s the old units - we`ll try to have a fix for this on Sunday - most likely we`ll need to reset all of the units - they`ll get to keep their skill points and levels - but all of them would need to be reallocated.

Boricsmith
11-25-2011, 08:44 PM
To confirm about that crash. Were either you or your opponent using Enchanters, Foot Knight or Hero heal ability? We think it`s responsible for the crashes.

This is a separate bug that we are hoping to fix next week.

Can you confirm how much did you loose? And to verify it wasn`t 0 after battle, but some other value 5, 10?

Kon, my Army did contain 2 units of enchanters even though it was a human army. I didn't even get to the battle though so I did not employ the heal skill. As it seemed like it was loading the battlefield, I heard the defeat music and when the battlefield loaded, my camp was there only. The opponent's army was on the field, but was not moving.

I went right from a quest to the PVP fight someone else called me into. I had 202 influence going into the quest but did not see how much influence I earned from the quest.

After "losing" the PVP battle, on the battlefield it said I had 1 influence point. That 1 point carried over to my world view. I tried logging out and back in, but I still had only 1 influence point. I'll be glad to send you my logs, but I can't attach it, and I don't want to spam you unless you want me to send you a pm.

GPS51
11-25-2011, 09:01 PM
@ Boric. Where is your home city located (region)? It sounds like a bug i got earlier.

Boricsmith
11-25-2011, 10:13 PM
In the Wold

Griegor Mcvennor
11-25-2011, 10:31 PM
Sunleader - I`m pretty sure your completely right about this - it`s the old units - we`ll try to have a fix for this on Sunday - most likely we`ll need to reset all of the units - they`ll get to keep their skill points and levels - but all of them would need to be reallocated.

Oh thank god. I have an archer with over 1200 damage right now. That needs to go bye bye LOL.

Sunleader
11-26-2011, 03:47 AM
@Kon
Mate
If you guys just Get the Skill System Working and Reset my Hero to lvl 1 so I can lvl him and my other Units without losing the Benefits of those Skillpoints after Relogging or Loading City after Battle

Then I dont mind simply Discarding all my Troops and start em up from Scratch.
I.ve already startet putting all my Bigger Armys to the Front on the Orc Citys to waste em in Battles against NPC Towns
to get rid of any potential Bugged Soldier

@Griegor Mcvennor

Haha
Well I.ve got Swordmen with 1600 Archers on 1500 and Crossbowmen on over 2000 :P
My Hero has 1200 by the way xD

When I didnt know this Game I have been taking along my whole Army on Questing
and then always immediatly put the Rewards and so on in new Units and Training :P

Means my Army got Mixed and Mixed and Mixed

I.ve got over 20 Archers and not even half of em stacks on each other since they have different Values xD

Konstantin Fomenko
11-26-2011, 11:10 AM
The unit reset will keep all the levels and skill-points, but will reset all other stats to level 1. This should fix all of the issues.