PDA

View Full Version : Town PVP Bug List

Griegor Mcvennor
11-23-2011, 06:03 PM
Gentlemen,
Please post your bugs Solely related to the new patch here.

New Bug
---------------------------
Skill points for leveled up units did not reset.

Griegor Mcvennor
11-23-2011, 10:27 PM
Additional Bug
-------------------------------
Army experiance allocations tend to disappear after battles. It seems to only affect improvements to the armor stats. THey drop down to 0 but don't actually refund the allocation points.

This has happened to my hero twice now.

pastu
11-24-2011, 01:15 AM
Omg LoL:confused:
Armor stat decreased to zero % after i relogin.

And there is still 30 level limit.
hero can't upgrading and get skill point.

it is needed discarding hero or skill points initialization.

Griegor Mcvennor
11-24-2011, 10:08 AM
Pastu,
Konstantine is aware of the issue. They will address it as soon as possible. In the mean time please post your log.txt files to provide them with additional information. So far I have noticed it seems to only affect the armor stats. I have not seen it affect any other ones.

wills370
11-24-2011, 01:44 PM
Hey, i have been trying to start dawn of fantasy to get the patch but it stops at connecting to server. Tried now and earlier in the day but it wont go any further.
Never happened before the new release of this patch if that helps.

Konstantin Fomenko
11-24-2011, 01:48 PM
Yeah server is down for patching. It`ll be up in the next 15 minutes.

wills370
11-25-2011, 05:25 AM
Still not connecting, is the server still down?

Griegor Mcvennor
11-25-2011, 09:01 AM
Willis,
The server should be up right now. Do you have a firewall installed on your computer? Is there an exception in the firewall for DOF so it can connect to the internet? It's not normally a problem with most firewall programs but some require you to put a manual entry in.

Also, are you on a college campus or other organization? Some places block certain TCP/UDP ports and you may need to request that they allow you access to that port for connections.

One of the developers here would have to post the port number so you know what to ask them to open up.

Griegor Mcvennor
11-25-2011, 10:36 AM
Kon,
I suspect that walls are not getting fully repaired and are getting bugged out. The PVP battle you just had with my bugged out almost all of my south walls. I can no longer station troops on them and the tebuchets construct but are out of position.

City Name- Deephold
Slot- 1
Region- The Wold

Konstantin Fomenko
11-25-2011, 01:34 PM
Please double check that walls fully finished repairing. Some of these walls won`t be walkable until repair is 100% complete.

Keep in mind the way Repair works - it slowly consumes resources (in most cases stone), as repair progresses. So make sure you have enough stone to finish up repair. And if that still didn`t help, please post a screenshot as well.

wills370
11-26-2011, 06:27 AM
Willis,
The server should be up right now. Do you have a firewall installed on your computer? Is there an exception in the firewall for DOF so it can connect to the internet? It's not normally a problem with most firewall programs but some require you to put a manual entry in.

Also, are you on a college campus or other organization? Some places block certain TCP/UDP ports and you may need to request that they allow you access to that port for connections.

One of the developers here would have to post the port number so you know what to ask them to open up.

Hey, i have a firewall but would need to get that checked out. How would i go about seeing if there is a exception. Hasn't been a problem before though so not sure what has triggered it if it has. I'm at home also so wont have the TCP/UDP blocked.

Griegor Mcvennor
11-26-2011, 09:57 AM
Willis,
What firewall do you use? It's hard to diagnose without knowing the firewall and having experience with it. Normally when you start a program for the first time the firewall will ask if you want to create an exception to allow the program to connect to the internet. It you accidently click "no" it will block it from connecting.

I am not saying that this is your exact problem, it's just the simplest explanation and the easiest to test. Open up your firewall program. There should be an option to manage programs or allow programs to connect to the internet. Create an except to allow both the DOFupdater.exe and the DOF.exe to connect to the internet.

If your using windows firewall, go to your control panel, system security, look at windows firewall and click allow a program through the firewall. I wouldn't expect it to be a program with windows firewall however, normally windows configures it automatically but it's worth a try anyhow.

Did you change anything on your computer the last time you successfully logged on? Install any programs? Have any errors?

Additionally, post your log.txt in your next reply please. It will help the developers diagnose the problem possibly.

It might also help to run a traceroute to the DOF server's but you would have to get the information from a developer. It your traceroute keeps timing out there might be a connection problem along the route at one of the nodes.

Konstantin Fomenko
11-26-2011, 11:12 AM
Willis,

We had this problem reported before - solution is simple, if you have internet modem or a router/wireless router, just restart them (turn power off and then on), and this will fix this issue.

Eaglecrys
12-01-2011, 11:27 AM
ok so in town pve the walls come up in illos tillos only half strength. I commence the siege and all seems to be ok take down a wall all is ok. However if I open up the chat window and try to type something in it to another player it pops up the siege placement window again. This causes me to loose over 85% easy of my army. Has happened twice and I can recreate it now at the loss of my army each time. First time it occured lost my main army which was all lvled up nice and high :( sad panda lol this time I used a merc army hehe

wont let me attach my log so sorry for this.

saved log will try to attach later
was able to zip my log1 file.

szebus
12-06-2011, 02:12 PM
Just a minute ago a crash happened to the game in the middle of a battle. More exactly I wast attacked and was defending my town and of course i was the one who should have lost the battle when suddenly the game chased to desktop. Right before the game crashed I took about 8 archer squads and forwarded them to my town center to defend the last stand. I am in Southmount and my town is named Tenstone, slot 3, if it helps, plus log file 1 and 2.

Log files are here: http://www.fileshare.ro/36066587603.2

Edit: Now that I started the game, the downloader says "Generating File Cache...(####) Files / 12085 Files"

Edit2: The game started and when logging in, it says automatically that my connection timed out.