PDA

View Full Version : Prepare for War!

Konstantin Fomenko
11-18-2011, 06:50 PM
In two days all hell will break loose in Mythador - and war will come to the place you thought could never be touched by a sword. War is coming to your homeland and it will leave charred smoking ruins and fields of corpses behind... We have experience the destruction Army vs Town PvP brings in our office environment games - and we figured it was fair to give you a warning - prepare for war! Build you walls, men your walls and get ready! On a side note - the upcoming patch also adds several other huge features to the game - and fixes countless number of bugs.

GPS51
11-18-2011, 07:25 PM
Yeah except for the fact Kon cheats.. oops did I say that out loud ? :p This is what we the players have been waiting for and it is exhilarating when you see your opponent marching on your fair city :O . Then your like "Lets get this on" and the fireballs start flying :D

Konstantin Fomenko
11-18-2011, 09:39 PM
No cheating - just skill:) I did advise you to bring more siege towers and heavy infantry - mounted GMs just don`t cut it with Army vs Town gameplay. We had several games with GPS with Army vs Town - and hey I got to say this is the most fun we ever had with DoF. I`ll be sure to set some time aside on Monday to burn some of your towns down:)

Redkam09
11-19-2011, 03:13 AM
Great!!! At last!!!
but some of my walls arnt ready :,( rolling plains only has 1 inner wall, wold has one inner wall, and southmont, well..... thats fully upgraded......:p
At least elves and orcs alike will fall beneth my walls,:)
or they will get in and slaughter every living thing.... oh... bugger:confused:

ThatguyAds1298
11-19-2011, 04:00 AM
Woo nice! Will have to make time to check this out when its live indeed! :D

Sunleader
11-19-2011, 04:25 AM
So the Time has come.
To prove your worth in Battle.
To strife for Survival in the Laws of Nature.
And to Win Glory by standing the tests of Time.

I wish you Luck my Lovely Enemys.
But I wont seed any Hope in your senseless struggle.
My Walls are Thick and High.
And the Soldiers and Knights Defending em are only the Finest and most Able who have proven themself in Countless Battles tasting the Blood of your kin.

Your Destiny awaits you.
Come and Try to Challenge it!

The Silvanian Oder of the Shadowed Cross shall Greet you.
If you dare that is .....

Greetz ;)

rollando
11-19-2011, 06:35 AM
En bon québécois, yetais tu temps criss!

Dreamwalker
11-19-2011, 09:31 AM
Ha ha! Now your cities will burn! :p

And now the mighty walls of Kemgalen, Jewel of Boleta, are finished at last; everywhere, bolt throwers are being summoned, mounted grandmasters are sharping their swords, and bards are reciting poems of our future victories.

But I have to ask: Kon, could you tell us a bit about the other features and bug fixes that are coming with the patch?

Konstantin Fomenko
11-19-2011, 11:22 AM
It`s something along these lines:

Patch # 1.1.1 PREVIEW

:::::Major Fixes and Additions:::::
-Major New Feature - Army VS Town PvP
-New Feature - Unit Upgrade system changed to 8 skills
-All units skill points reset and need to be reallocated
-All units can now be selected by clicking on battalion flag
-Fixed Major bug with creating new armies - 5 armies limit message
-Fixed changing Resolution in the Options menu
-Fixed number of OOS issues in PvP
-Fixed a rare issue with towns not loading past the loading screen

:::::Minor Fixes and Additions:::::
-Worker battalions have a selectable flag
-Fixed Orc buildings like Warg Pen remembering unit it was training
-New art for skill upgrades
-New art for resource counter GUI
-AI controlled units now spend skill points as they level up
-Ranged unit Flag will flash and changed if they are low on ammo
-Changed how ammo works for ranged units
-Fixed Dragons getting stuck after flying
-Fixed Tower plots using incorrect texture
-Tower construction can now be canceled at anytime
-Fixed minor bug with Enchanters attacking stone buildings
:::::Balance Adjustments:::::
-Heroes go up to level 60, faster XP gain
-Combat Units go up to level 20

Dreamwalker
11-19-2011, 11:28 AM
Nice:D ...but didn't I hear something about changing the pathfinding system, to get rid of lag? When's that coming?

The new skill system looks cool though, more options than just attack, endurance, and healing.

Konstantin Fomenko
11-19-2011, 12:48 PM
New pathfinding will take good two weeks - and it`ll be the next major project we work on.

Boricsmith
11-19-2011, 08:49 PM
Konstantin,

Is Kingdom Wars going to work again wih this fix? Hasn't worked for me since last patch. Thanks!

dohnibor
11-20-2011, 04:11 PM
How do you PvP? I can't find any PvP.

Griegor Mcvennor
11-20-2011, 06:07 PM
Create an army on the world map and then click pvp. It should try to match you with another army in your region that similiar in strength. It shouldnt take too long if your army strength is in the 100-300 range. Move your army to another region if you can't find anything.

Safey18
11-21-2011, 06:29 AM
So is this patch actually happening or is it going to be delayed for a 4th time?

Konstantin Fomenko
11-21-2011, 09:54 AM
The patch "might" happen tonight if evening goes smoothly. But most likely we are looking at tomorrow afternoon. We`ll keep you posted guys.

ruKush
11-21-2011, 10:08 AM
I'm ok with waiting, although I just picked up the game so I can understand why others are impatient haha. Looking forward to it either way.

Sunleader
11-21-2011, 10:29 AM
Well
Its coming
and we know theyre working on it

Just keep your calm

I have been playing Mortal Online for a while
about 3 Months ago they Announced a new Patch
a Month later they Announced it to be out within 3 weeks
and till now its not out

well that being said I know progging is work
and much wont just go as you want it on first try

yesterday I was tempering with one of my Games and what was planned as a small sideaction for about 20 minutes ended with a 3 hour marathon of editing and adjusting files thanks to a mistaken source call which caused a graphical glitch and annoyed the hell out of me before I finally found all missing lines and rewrote it ....

The thing angering me on such occassions is not the delay
but the thing that nobody talks to you and nobody even thinks about telling you why something was delayed or how much

Its something I wrote in Many Forums
Games dont lose Players because they delay something thats not ready
they lose em because they dont talk to them and dont give info to them

If stuff that was supposed to come out doesnt come out and on top I dont get any response or statement from the guys responsible I get the feeling that a game is dead
and once that feeling is on its practically impossible not to lose Users ....

I know I Sound quite Arrogant lecturing people about such stuff
but actually I would think its common sense that People will get uneasy when they are left in the dark .....

And in this Game I know that this aint the case
so dont mind me too much ;)

just a little smartass talking like he knows everything :P

Greetz

Safey18
11-21-2011, 05:56 PM
4th time delayed xD This seems to be a bit of a trend with patches and the like. Maybe realistic time frames should be thought through and then adding a few days. I mean if it comes early we will be surprised and happy but delaying yet again just keeps disappointing me.

GPS51
11-21-2011, 05:59 PM
Well it's like this... some times a bug rears it's head and delays things. So the devs could release the patch knowing that there's a big bug or fix the bug and delay the patch. They're writing the code as they go btw.

Griegor Mcvennor
11-21-2011, 06:02 PM
I will always take a delay for a better product than a rush job that breaks somthing else in the process. Bring on the delays!

Safey18
11-21-2011, 07:40 PM
I will always take a delay for a better product than a rush job that breaks somthing else in the process. Bring on the delays!

I think most of us would. I'm just saying that they know there is going to be hiccups along the way that they need to fix but they always seem to tell us the shortest time period. Just tell us it will be ready in a month and if it comes out in a couple weeks its a bonus rather than the constant dissapointment of delays.

Jipp
11-22-2011, 04:03 PM
The patch "might" happen tonight if evening goes smoothly. But most likely we are looking at tomorrow afternoon. We`ll keep you posted guys.

Update? Purty Pleeeze?

Joseph Visscher
11-22-2011, 04:17 PM
A few fixes more are needed by a few that are not around right now, they should get their work done tonight or tomorrow morning.

Safey18
11-22-2011, 05:20 PM
A few fixes more are needed by a few that are not around right now, they should get their work done tonight or tomorrow morning.

By tomorrow morning you mean next week right? This is the 5th delay...

Dalizon
11-23-2011, 04:30 AM
Lets just make a realistic one here, we wont have an ETA until Friday of next week.

GPS51
12-15-2011, 06:28 PM
Welcome Mr Spambot, may your visiting be cut short asap :P

Griegor Mcvennor
12-15-2011, 06:34 PM
WEDDING CUFFLINKS!!! OMG just what I always wanted!