PDA

View Full Version : DoF Updater

rhamlin
11-15-2011, 12:54 PM
Hello all. After reading the forums, I've been able to make some progress in getting closer to being able to play the game.

I purchased DoF at Direct2Drive, and downloaded the installation files.

I am running Windows 7.
I am an administrator on the computer.
I have the latest .Net frameworks installed.

After the initial installation, when I launched the game, the updater would not do anything (no indication in the progress bar).

I then read the forums, and set the executable to "Run as Administrator", AND set the compatibility to Windows XP SP 3. This did not have any effect.

I then read a thread where a link to a new updater was provided. I downloaded the updater, and placed it in the DoF directory. Once executed, the game began to update successfully. The updater completes several iterations of updates. After running the updater numerous times (each subsequent time it updates a different number of files). I then try to "play" the game, and receive an error on screen:

"DoF could not run! You should re-run the updater to verify again!"

Also, every time I run the updater, it seems to need to download 2 files, over and over again, as if it is stuck in some kind of loop.

Also, the updater-log contains the following:

TimeStamp:11/15/2011 1:28:15 PM

Details:System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The specified executable is not a valid application for this OS platform.
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx (ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at DoFUpdater.WPFWindows.winMain.Play_Click(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)

Tag:Error

TimeStamp:11/15/2011 1:30:31 PM

Details:System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The specified executable is not a valid application for this OS platform.
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx (ProcessStartInfo startInfo)

TimeStamp:11/15/2011 1:31:48 PM

TimeStamp:11/15/2011 1:32:46 PM

TimeStamp:11/15/2011 1:35:01 PM

TimeStamp:11/15/2011 1:37:03 PM

TimeStamp:11/15/2011 1:38:45 PM

TimeStamp:11/15/2011 1:50:11 PM

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

knightl
11-15-2011, 09:50 PM
i wish they got rid of the .Net requirements as even if you got it working the win7 version is a problem itself so unless they make a huge update to rid of it then im stuffed and you're delayed

Griegor Mcvennor
11-16-2011, 07:40 AM
I experienced that problem on my last computer system. Ever since I switched to my new computer I have not had that problem.

I would try uninstalling eveything including the log files. Then re-install .net framework. I think Konstantine made a post on which file to download for windows 7. Then reinstall the game.

I'm running the same OS Windows 7 64 bit Professional. So I really don't know what fixed it for me other than putting a fresh install of the same windows OS on a new computer.

My guess is that my .net framework install was bad or the wrong version and when I reinstalled my OS on my new system I got the correct version this time.

rhamlin
11-16-2011, 01:29 PM
Will do. I'm running Windows 7 Enterprise Edition 64bit.

I'll unload everything, clean up .Net, reboot, and then retry.

Thanks for the replies.

Konstantin Fomenko
11-16-2011, 02:24 PM
Thanks for helping rhamlin guys!

If reinstalling .net and clean up doesn`t help please let us know and we`ll assign our updater programmer to try and help you.