PDA

View Full Version : Heraldry / Crests

Lordadamar
01-28-2009, 08:28 AM
I noticed in some of the screen shots the boats and knights have " Heraldry " on them. Will we be able to choose our own symbol and colour combo. Like if I wanted to have them look like the "Templar Knights". Look at the movies " Kingdom of Heaven " It went to great lengths to be historic with look " Heraldry ". I Just think this would be one cool thing to see..

The Witch King of Angmar
01-28-2009, 11:21 AM
The color will change but probably not the symbols.

Lordadamar
01-28-2009, 05:30 PM
not that I want to sound geeky but its the little details that makes you look different from everyone else, is whats cool....

The Witch King of Angmar
01-28-2009, 06:02 PM
I agree with you completely. However, I don't make the game. :D

frankein_fish
01-29-2009, 11:08 AM
not that I want to sound geeky but its the little details that makes you look different from everyone else, is whats cool....

Agree but thats probably too much in this stage...
Maybe in a patch later on...Who knows? ;)

nickson104
01-29-2009, 04:59 PM
It would totally make the game more fun, it would involve you more to see YOUR army marching onto the battlefield carrying YOUR banner :) It probably wouldnt be incorporated but i have seen several games which have used the idea and it works usually

MrBlack103
01-30-2009, 12:20 AM
please!please!please!please!please! put this in the game!

nickson104
01-30-2009, 09:35 AM
please!please!please!please!please! put this in the game!

seconded :)

Puppeteer
01-31-2009, 05:37 AM
We've discussed this in so many topics haven't we? I think we came to the conclusion that to be able to implement your own would be abused and amateurish, and to have preset ones was... either unnecessary or restricting.

The Witch King of Angmar
01-31-2009, 11:04 AM
Thank you Puppeteer. I think this topic should be closed.

nickson104
01-31-2009, 03:52 PM
We've discussed this in so many topics haven't we? I think we came to the conclusion that to be able to implement your own would be abused and amateurish, and to have preset ones was... either unnecessary or restricting.

Yes we have done this many times but not under this title :p last time it was about banners this time its heraldry :p hehe just being awkward :) go ahead and lock it or pin it or something so people wont post more like this in the future :p

Lordadamar
02-04-2009, 05:32 PM
Sorry if something close to this was previously posted. I did read banners topic but I felt this was different:

Banners usually adorn the heraldty YES! but nothing was ever mentioned on how your army would look distinctly different from your opponate. Personally I thought 1000's of troops in similar apparel would be a pain in large battles one to see wher i needed to reinforce places etc. And YES! if they use the red/green/blue indicators on a mini that would help slightly.

But this is an MMO right! There are only so many basic colors in the rainbow that are distinctive. 50 shades of blue, red or green is not going to cut it. And if the color of your army changes everytime you battle thats just annoying.

And YES! again being able to upload your own heraldty logo could get way out of control. I have been beta testing MMO's sense there birth. I personally belive the removal of name filters ruined allot games, grant it some are extremely funny but just killing a beast with sword and looking over seeing "arsepirate" helping you kinda takes from the game. Is it really hard to make a 100 or so heraldty logo's and 2 color combos for your look.. I guess i dont know.

This was intended as an idea not anything else

The Witch King of Angmar
02-04-2009, 06:45 PM
I agree with you Lord. I'm fine with just basic colors.