PDA

View Full Version : Update on the Upcoming Patches.

Konstantin Fomenko
11-04-2011, 04:09 PM
Dear Players,

We figured it was time for a quick update, with some info on tomorrow`s and next week`s upcoming patches.

Patch # 1.1.0
We are finishing up testing of patch 1.1.0 due tomorrow (Saturday) afternoon. Patch preview is bellow.

Patch # 1.1.1
Due on Tuesday or Wednesday - will finally introduce Army Vs Town PvP, build your walls - the was is coming to your Castle.

Patch # 1.1.2
Due Friday or Saturday next week, and will include some PvP fixes, as well as introduce a brand new system for unit upgrades (greatly expanded - instead of 4 options to upgrade you get 8)

Patch # 1.1.0 - Preview
:::::Major Fixes and Additions:::::
-Halloween promo is over.
-Fixed issue with buildings, towers getting stuck at 59 minutes and never complete
-New Features: limited arrow and arrow regeneration for ranged units
-Fixed a common unit cloning issue
-Fixed issue with mercenary units loosing hitpoints on level up
-Fixed additional rare issue with hero going missing
-Fixed issue with World Map GUI lagging when showing units
:::::Minor Fixes and Additions:::::
-Fix for Battle Protection timer disappearing on reloading homeland
-Peasants stop gathering from farms during winter
-Dragons do splash damage when landing on enemy units
-Fixed Dragon fireball ability
-Art update for the Booster Shop
-Art update on unit armour icons
-Fixed 30 second building time for Human Blacksmith
:::::Balance Adjustments:::::
-Dragon units healing cost and NPC towns greatly increased
-Dragon units resurrect similar to Heroes
-Dragon unit are not counted towards pay-out in PvP games

mcschipper
11-04-2011, 04:43 PM
A-W-E-S-O-M-E

Looking forward to it!

Do you also have some additional notes on the other updates?

You guys are great!

Magicmud83
11-04-2011, 04:45 PM
No Orc worker, wargs, goblins huts, quests not loading fixs? Why no love for the Orcs? Green people need love too.

Konstantin Fomenko
11-04-2011, 05:10 PM
We`ll try to fit in Orc fixes you`ve mentioned as well - but it`s not confirmed at this point. Latest these will be in together with Army vs Town in 1.1.1 on Tuesday/Wednesday.

Laceretti
11-04-2011, 05:38 PM
Thanks for the update!

Redkam09
11-04-2011, 05:55 PM
AT LAST pvp sieges :D

finally i can push those stupid orcs and tree huggers out of my kingdom :) ......

or they compleatly ransack the kingdom.....LORDS LEAVE FIRST

Dreamwalker
11-04-2011, 05:55 PM
Finally! Those buildings will be finished without using influence to speed it up! (because that's what I ended up doing for a few buildings; otherwise, my town would be empty).

Also, it would be nice to see what the game looks like when it isn't Halloween; there's been pumpkins since the day I bought the thing. :D

Justus.Bela
11-05-2011, 02:16 AM
thx for the information update

always good to know where your voyage lead us

two nice features

-Peasants stop gathering from farms during winter

-New Features: limited arrow and arrow regeneration for ranged units

do i need wood for the arrow regeneration like i need stone for the catapults ?

karamot
11-05-2011, 09:01 AM
i really cant understand....

more content while town not work?

town siege while we cant build walls and keep production safe?

just allowing players destroy unfinished towns?
maybe its only my problem, but i cant produce siege weapon in my city, how can i siege if my city cant produce them?

another question

atm offline production in towns not work properly, so we must be online to produce resources, but if we are online player can siege us with unlimited dragons stealed while influence was bugged and ppl farmed like chineses...

how this will work?
better stay offline and login into midnight to put building production and leave?
or u will aim to fix an overpatched bug like offline production?

this patch seems a tsnumani on what hardly we tried to build up from bugs....

GPS51
11-05-2011, 09:43 AM
Must be a glass 3/4 empty kind of guy karamot ;) ?
A. Is there a problem building walls or buildings besides the known 59:00 bug?
B. Building a blacksmith will allow you to produce your own siege weapons (armory for orcs)
C. Are you still having trouble with offline production? I'm finding I just hit my max resource cap of 5k for all resources.
D. You won't be flamed by unlimited dragons period. You can only put 2 max into an entire army of the more powerful types. 3 or 4 green dragons into 1 whole army iirc but that means you will only see 2-4 units for the opponents whole army. He won't be able to bring archers/siege weapons/swordsmens/pikemen/cav etc if he goes straight dragon (he'll be suiciding).

karamot
11-05-2011, 10:26 AM
a: yes my walls are part reinforced part palisade and i cant fix it, i have a hybrid castle
b: i have armory and it not produce units, i got also upgeade but nothing come out, maybe someone can explain how it work
c: yes my town never cap resources, every 7 day i log it my castle is half empty about
d:when influence gathering was bugged ppl farmed enough to get about 300 influence per day, so i laugh looking for cash shop while ppl bug abuse so easily, and while ppl now have to suffer for a 120 dragon, ppl have about 10 of them, and surprise they are immortal too, if someone really pro kill it he will respawn.....

any other question?

GPS51
11-05-2011, 11:20 AM
So for an amory (orcs) to work you have to task a unit to the building and they turn into the selected siege weapon.(Took me FOREVER to figure this out)
Any chance you could post a picture of your half stone/wood walls? I'd like to see it :)
Do the resources go up at all over time? I know that after 7 days the resource rate is down to practically nil (gather rate goes down over time not logged in)
Why the issue with influence? The devs said to gather it while the game was starting up as you'd want it later? It's easy enough to get in other ways besides buying if you have the time. Like I said earlier folks can't build massive dragon armies because of the pop limit for armies so you don't have to worry about seeing 25 dragons attacking your town :) Yeah I'd like to see dragons dying permanently too! It's not that hard to get more as you pointed out.

karamot
11-05-2011, 01:33 PM
i know ur proud of your tag od advisor and u still defend evidence... no problem about

my issue with influence is easy to understand.... if we continue add contents not well managed, we just create a bug race for all players.
if u wanna do a thing, do it seriously. here i see just a race to add more things to show potential players game is going on and is well supported, but it is false, its 1 month past from game launch and game still dont run properly

staff same said that game is popularly a bugged game for new coming players, scared to buy it.

if i remember good, it is scheduled that in january february we wil have naval battle. now close eyes and think about it and try to not laugh.....

GPS51
11-05-2011, 01:37 PM
Hehe I'm not disagreeing to be obstinate just more curious and now I'm glad I understand more of what you were talking about. I've been following dof for a while and so I've seen how far it's come...that being said it has a LONG way to go and I've been disappointed at the speed of patching in the last 2 weeks as well :( . Hopefully there'll be an announcement about the delay in things soon.

andreicde
11-05-2011, 02:01 PM
a: yes my walls are part reinforced part palisade and i cant fix it, i have a hybrid castle
b: i have armory and it not produce units, i got also upgeade but nothing come out, maybe someone can explain how it work
c: yes my town never cap resources, every 7 day i log it my castle is half empty about
d:when influence gathering was bugged ppl farmed enough to get about 300 influence per day, so i laugh looking for cash shop while ppl bug abuse so easily, and while ppl now have to suffer for a 120 dragon, ppl have about 10 of them, and surprise they are immortal too, if someone really pro kill it he will respawn.....

any other question?

actually for A it's normal if you are an orc.From what I heard they have part walls and part wooden walls and it kinda makes sense since they are supposed to have weakest siege defense. For B,did you tried making a camp and building war machines?. For C I guess you must be unlucky,mine fills up . For D,influence gathering was never bugged,it was just higher for battles and it was changed. As for dragons they aren't that strong so....

Dreamwalker
11-05-2011, 02:37 PM
For c., I've had some trouble with this too, I upgrade my resource storage but while I'm logged out it acts as if I didn't.

And for d., dragons really arn't that good. Sure, they fly and breathe fire and everything, but without support from other troops, they won't last long against any but the tiniest armies. And seeing as dragons take up so much space, nobody's going to have an army with more than one (or maybe two, if they're green dragons).

Sure, they reseurect, but not in battle. They'd appear back at the homeland like heroes.

If anything, there should be more talk of making dragons stronger, not weaker; or lowering the space they take up. Because right now (for me), choosing between a dragon and like ten units, the regular units would win every time. ;)

GPS51
11-05-2011, 03:07 PM
Ahhhh the picture is clearer you're playing as orcs kamarot. Yeah they get hybridized walls for now (but +50% homeland army).