PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of buying DoF today? Read this!

Konstantin Fomenko
10-30-2011, 04:37 PM
Are you thinking of buying Dawn of Fantasy today? We have some inside information that we wanted share with our forumers.

If you wait until Monday morning - our new online Game Store will be live. And here`s a few reasons that make it worth waiting:
-Price will be set at 29.99$ instead of 29.99 Euro - so you`ll save almost over 10$

-You`ll get a MUCH faster download speed over our old game shop, almost 3X as fast.

-No need to patch the game for an hour after installation, as the new download will include all the patches to date.

-You still get to take advantage of the Halloween promo as it`ll last until Thursday morning.

Novakiller
10-30-2011, 04:53 PM
Thats awesome!!! especially for new players....... and hallows till thursday!!! sweet!!

andreicde
10-30-2011, 05:03 PM
Are you thinking of buying Dawn of Fantasy today? We have some inside information that we wanted share with our forumers.

If you wait until Tuesday morning - our new online Game Store will be live. And here`s a few reasons that make it worth waiting:
-Price will be set at 29.99$ instead of 29.99 Euro - so you`ll save almost over 10$

-You`ll get a MUCH faster download speed over our old game shop, almost 3X as fast.

-No need to patch the game for an hour after installation, as the new download will include all the patches to date.

-You still get to take advantage of the Halloween promo as it`ll last until Thursday morning.

o.O I payed 34 dollars not 30 euros :D. With pre-order and from your official downloading uhh...store?

Dreamwalker
10-30-2011, 05:17 PM
Now you tell me! I bought it yesterday just so I could get the Halloween dragon! :mad:

andreicde
10-30-2011, 05:36 PM
Now you tell me! I bought it yesterday just so I could get the Halloween dragon! :mad:

hey,at least you get welcome from me for joining faster :D. Welcome in Dof!

Magicmud83
10-30-2011, 05:55 PM
Pretty sweet really as we should get a new patch around then too,

andreicde
10-30-2011, 06:19 PM
Pretty sweet really as we should get a new patch around then too,

it's actually Wednesday for the patch

karamot
10-31-2011, 03:44 AM
so we spent 30 euros for nothing......

if u think u can enlarge community lowing price of 5 euros, its totally wrong
u have to create a free account mode, to show others how game is, and leave us a premium user account

for example, free user cannot earn influence from fight or quest, meantime we premium can

so ppl can try game and decide if buy premium, or continue play using market to buy influence for upgrades and walls

its a better way imho

this way just discourage us who spent more money for nothing, just an unplayable game

Zvonzi
10-31-2011, 04:35 AM
And World of Warcraft users (just an example) that bought game or expansion first day it came out, bought it for like 50€. Now, i you can get it for 20€. :)
I'm not real fan of microtransactions system, tbh. There should be some trial mode, so everyone can test the game, and if they like it - 25-30$ isn't so expensive.

andreicde
10-31-2011, 06:33 AM
so we spent 30 euros for nothing......

if u think u can enlarge community lowing price of 5 euros, its totally wrong
u have to create a free account mode, to show others how game is, and leave us a premium user account

for example, free user cannot earn influence from fight or quest, meantime we premium can

so ppl can try game and decide if buy premium, or continue play using market to buy influence for upgrades and walls

its a better way imho

this way just discourage us who spent more money for nothing, just an unplayable game

Um many games didn't had free account mode,so not sure why would DOF have it.Plus the so called ''spent more money'' it's not exactly as if you spent 60 USD.

satyrion
10-31-2011, 06:36 AM
what about the european players?If the market price gonna be 29.99Usd u should change also the 29.99 euro price...29.99 $=21euro.I can't see why we should pay 8 more euros

Konstantin Fomenko
10-31-2011, 08:22 AM
Everyone who purchases the game from our new store will pay the same 29.99$ - including Europeans.

As more and more retail stores sell DoF boxed version - we only thought it fair that our own developer store will offer a slightly better price - so that buyers who know about DoF enough to check out our website get this small bonus.

And just as any game - DoF`s price will decrease eventually, and yes - there will be a time when we have both premium and free (trial) version. Perhaps down the road the game might even become free to play with only micro-transactions to support it. But for now - we are keeping the price at 29.99$ - with only a quick 1 week promotion with lowered price.

karamot
10-31-2011, 08:30 AM
And World of Warcraft users (just an example) that bought game or expansion first day it came out, bought it for like 50. Now, i you can get it for 20. :)
I'm not real fan of microtransactions system, tbh. There should be some trial mode, so everyone can test the game, and if they like it - 25-30$ isn't so expensive.

wow is come out over 4 years ago, and have monthly fee
dof is come out about 1 month ago....
i know how economy work, and this is not a good way

Zvonzi
10-31-2011, 08:48 AM
wow is come out over 4 years ago, and have monthly fee
dof is come out about 1 month ago....
i know how economy work, and this is not a good way

As i said, WoW is only an example. :)
If company thinks that with lower price of game they can attract more players, they will do so and i can't see anything strange or bad in it. Let's take Steam for example also, every day there is some special event when you can buy game for lower price... And, it's normal. You were playing this game for weeks/month before i will be able to play it. But, cause of that you paid it 5 more. Seems fair to me.

Konstantin Fomenko
10-31-2011, 12:03 PM
News Store is online, micro-transactions as well. Although it might take 2-3 hours for changes to our website to be visible by everyone. http://store.reverieworld.com/

karamot
10-31-2011, 01:11 PM
As i said, WoW is only an example. :)
If company thinks that with lower price of game they can attract more players, they will do so and i can't see anything strange or bad in it. Let's take Steam for example also, every day there is some special event when you can buy game for lower price... And, it's normal. You were playing this game for weeks/month before i will be able to play it. But, cause of that you paid it 5 more. Seems fair to me.

this could be right in normal situation
but in THIS situation we have a work in progress game, with more bugs than players,
atm we are playing somewhat like a beta, so how can u believe ppl can be attracted to pay for a beta?
if we could create a demo it could interest ome new player decided to invest into this project, but imho there is too much faith into this project and into players interest about it
dont believe this game is so innovative, and without similar...

i just wanna do an example
im a heroes of newerth player
i tried beta and i was exalted about game, so i prepurchased it for about 20 euros
and now i bless that shop, because game is constantly updated and really bugless, with a really pro staff
and im not playing anything more, also if there is a cash shop really expensive.
now this game had difficulty because league of legeds come out free and spread was hiding hon, so they created a free account user option, really complex, recreating entirely the game, and i have to be honest, ppl into game is exploded, really a boom of new subscription, because ppl had possibility to try for free also hon and made comparison btw lol and hon, and its so obvious hon is totally better, so ppl preferred purchase instead play free on a clone game

in this case there are only ideas and projects, but nothing concrete
in this situation we must improve spread with more courageous economic politics, but seems reveries cannot support this, probably budget is really close to crack, or bosses dont want to risk

i feel an epic fail , but i hope to be wrong

andreicde
10-31-2011, 10:27 PM
don't forget you're comparing 2 different games. League of legends/heroes of newerth are dota type games, while DOF is a builder game with pvp and other stuff.Dota games will always have less bugs because they are easier to work on since you pick a hero and go kill. It's the reason why there are tons of game similar to dota aka Heroes of newerth,avalon heroes, league of legends, etc.

TurnedToDust
11-02-2011, 05:35 AM
News Store is online, micro-transactions as well. Although it might take 2-3 hours for changes to our website to be visible by everyone. http://store.reverieworld.com/

Hi,

I just bought the game plus a booster pack and i'm downloading the installer right now.

Only thing is the download doesn't seem to go faster then 30kb per second.
Do i really have to wait more then 24 hours to finish downloading?
I can't belief this is normal as you stated downloading is now 3x faster... did it used to be 10kb per second?

TurnedToDust
11-02-2011, 06:09 AM
and i will miss out on that Halloween promo at this speed. :p

67mb downloaded, only 1 day and 11 hours to go! :rolleyes:

andreicde
11-02-2011, 07:21 AM
Hi,

I just bought the game plus a booster pack and i'm downloading the installer right now.

Only thing is the download doesn't seem to go faster then 30kb per second.
Do i really have to wait more then 24 hours to finish downloading?
I can't belief this is normal as you stated downloading is now 3x faster... did it used to be 10kb per second?

that might actually be from you're internet dust,the game speed for most players used to be decent.

TurnedToDust
11-02-2011, 07:25 AM
I doubt that, paused the download and tried downloading the WOT installer from the North american server gave me 400kb per seconds at start.
Even though i'm in europe.

Meaning i would be able to download the full 2,4GB in around two hours.

If it was my internet then honestly, i wouldnt be posting about my problem here.

Novakiller
11-02-2011, 08:09 AM
welcome to the community dust :D

as far as the speed goes, well only an offical word can probably tell you exactly why your dl is that slow but my guess would be heavy traffic flow possibly, or the fact that its now from a new server and stuff, things are still getting tweaked to full potential, just have to be patient i guess, sometimes downloads go up and down in speeds as well.

TurnedToDust
11-02-2011, 08:16 AM
Ty nova,

I understand what your saying. I can bring up the patience... no problem there.
The only thing is, i was under the impression i was going to be able to still get that halloween goody today.
With the speed the download is going now that idea is swimming with the fish i guess.

The speeds are going up and down... between 15 and 30 kb :p

Konstantin Fomenko
11-02-2011, 04:30 PM
TurnedToDust - let us know how it goes, we confirmed and download speeds are normal from Europe as well as North America. Might have been temporary issues with your internet provider - hard to say.

chanman20
11-02-2011, 11:45 PM
Everyone who purchases the game from our new store will pay the same 29.99$ - including Europeans.

As more and more retail stores sell DoF boxed version - we only thought it fair that our own developer store will offer a slightly better price - so that buyers who know about DoF enough to check out our website get this small bonus.

And just as any game - DoF`s price will decrease eventually, and yes - there will be a time when we have both premium and free (trial) version. Perhaps down the road the game might even become free to play with only micro-transactions to support it. But for now - we are keeping the price at 29.99$ - with only a quick 1 week promotion with lowered price.

are you guys sure this time cause when i bought the game the first day it said $29.99 usd which ended up being over $40 :(

Danny Vink
11-03-2011, 12:16 AM
Yes. We have opted to redo the store and host it on our end this time. Last time another company ran the store for us and it ended up with them having an issue detecting the right price. With the new store, we are going with one flat price

TurnedToDust
11-03-2011, 07:05 AM
TurnedToDust - let us know how it goes, we confirmed and download speeds are normal from Europe as well as North America. Might have been temporary issues with your internet provider - hard to say.

What i did yesterday was buy the game from a Dutch vendor and i downloaded it from them in 15 minutes. I checked the downloadspeeds again from the link i got through your site and it's still the same 15to30kb dl speed. :/

But i'm happy and content, game is running whell and i'm liking it! Just figuring out what i'm going to do with that second key.

Grotebozebeer
11-03-2011, 08:20 AM
Hey, i used to play in beta. And i would like to give the game an other try. I would love to play it bugless for once ;p. I would buy it if i had the money. But i will soon. Can i try it out in any way ,before that? Perhaps this key? not sure what key youre talking about.

Regards.

TurnedToDust
11-03-2011, 08:38 AM
Not sure if i'm even aloud to give you it. Next to that i paid about 23 Euros for it and since you not family or a friend i would like to have some money for it. :)

However, keep in mind that the game isn't bugfree (yet) and only if the Reverie people give the go ahead for a sale i would consider selling it.

Greets.

Konstantin Fomenko
11-03-2011, 09:12 AM
TurnedToDust - you are definitely free to handle your second CD key as you see fit. And sorry to hear the download speed didn`t improve for you.

@ Grotebozebeer - keep in mind we`ll have a contest soon that will involve spreading the word about DoF with a chance to win free copy of the game - but it will be a bit of work:)

Dreamwalker
11-03-2011, 03:18 PM
@ Grotebozebeer - keep in mind we`ll have a contest soon that will involve spreading the word about DoF with a chance to win free copy of the game - but it will be a bit of work:)

Oooh...too bad I already bought the game! But if you gave some influence for it too...;)

And quick question: why is it sometimes called infulence, and other times it's wealth? Did you guys decide to change the name suddenly, or what?