PDA

View Full Version : Yet Another Question

The Witch King of Angmar
01-14-2009, 07:42 PM
Now, will the subfactions, say the ones from the Rollingplain region have a bonus or something in that specific region or those type of conditions (flat, wide areas)?

Thanks

Konstantin Fomenko
01-14-2009, 08:39 PM
Economy aside i guess you mean would rollingplains player fight better in rollingplains terrain region. If i got this right - the answer is yes, but only to some extent.

Using same rollingplains as an example - player would have some of the best cavalry - due to rollingplains economy and also improved Calvary stats - and since rollingplains is en empty field - cavalry would greatly dominate here.
Using same logic - Southmount infantry would be great at holding the chokepoints, and Wold archers would make use of dense forests for hit and run, or ambush tactics.

There are also certain home-terrain bonuses, for example, elven soldiers would slowly auto-heal and have slower fatigue drain on their home turf which allows them to use their ability, such as hide for much longer periods.

I can`t comment on how much of an impact this would have on gameplay - as we`d only get to work it out during the beta test.

MrBlack103
01-15-2009, 02:34 AM
So, basically, each (sub)faction's advantages usually play best on that (sub)faction's terrain?

Andy Joslin
01-15-2009, 07:02 AM
Each subfaction's bonuses make sense in the context of their own region's terrain. The bonuses are based on the land-type and location.

The Witch King of Angmar
01-15-2009, 02:42 PM
Ok, you answered my question, thanks guys.

nickson104
01-15-2009, 04:24 PM
Ok, you answered my question, thanks guys.

I sense a lot of guerilla warfare in the future of DOF :) good, it is necessary to add depth and strategy and meaning to the game... why defend your land if it gives you no bonus and you could easily go get a new one?

Sacrelege
05-12-2009, 05:50 AM
im lovin the lvl of detail going into the strategy aspect of this game, glad to see its going to be much more then scroll and click ur units to attack and hope you swarm over your opponent