PDA

View Full Version : NPC castle siege

Novakiller
10-28-2011, 09:24 AM
In the beta you would always every so often get sieged by orcs, elvs, men ect... did i miss something or is this feature not in the game right now? or is this coming along with the PvP vs town siege patch? im just wondering because this was one of my favourate features from the betas, all of a sudden getting horded by ogres and tree siege units, this was so much fun defending against and really made you wonder where the next attack was coming from.

Being not a huge PvP'er myself, I miss having this in the game atm.

chanman20
10-28-2011, 10:41 PM
In the beta you would always every so often get sieged by orcs, elvs, men ect... did i miss something or is this feature not in the game right now? or is this coming along with the PvP vs town siege patch? im just wondering because this was one of my favourate features from the betas, all of a sudden getting horded by ogres and tree siege units, this was so much fun defending against and really made you wonder where the next attack was coming from.

Being not a huge PvP'er myself, I miss having this in the game atm.

yeah they took it out for the time being it was buggy or something they plan to bring it back with town pvp tho

Novakiller
10-29-2011, 02:47 AM
thanks chanman

Konstantin Fomenko
10-30-2011, 11:25 AM
We took it out to make way for Army vs Town feature that we originally planned to add around October 15th. However - since we had to put the focus on fixing various other bugs - things got pushed back. At this point we are hoping to get Army vs Town in right after the 1.1.0 patch. ETA around 10th of November.

Novakiller
10-30-2011, 03:45 PM
Ok thats fair enough, but just to clarify then, NPCs sieging you wont be back? is that correct?

Konstantin Fomenko
10-30-2011, 04:17 PM
Nope since Army vs Town PvP is just so much better - no AI can match that experience.

Magicmud83
10-30-2011, 05:58 PM
The AI might not be able to match it but I fear for the orc towns with only 1 wall it break through compared to npc towns its going to be a breeze to take them down >.<. Also i've been wonder about the Orc walls since they are made from wood will the burn down or will hey act like the stone walls?

andreicde
10-30-2011, 06:21 PM
The AI might not be able to match it but I fear for the orc towns with only 1 wall it break through compared to npc towns its going to be a breeze to take them down >.<. Also i've been wonder about the Orc walls since they are made from wood will the burn down or will hey act like the stone walls?

I think they'l burn down since they are made of wood.If you want to test it use the halloween dragon and use his fireball ability on the walls.that way you can tell if it will burn down or not.

Novakiller
10-30-2011, 10:24 PM
I still think it'd be nice to have AI raids on our hometowns though I hope that the devs dont abanden the idea completely still. PVP will be awesome, but the non pvp should be awesome too :D

Dalizon
10-31-2011, 04:34 AM
yeah they took it out for the time being it was buggy or something they plan to bring it back with town pvp tho

Helps people test their walls to make sure they are good for when a player attacks them.

Henners191
10-31-2011, 05:58 AM
Why not bring it back? At least as a quest or something.

Konstantin Fomenko
10-31-2011, 08:28 AM
Unfortunately we had to disable this code - and it was never working that well to begin with. Let us finish up Army vs Town - and we`ll see if you guys would still want AI attacks.

Novakiller
10-31-2011, 01:56 PM
sounds like a good plan Kost. :D