PDA

View Full Version : unit suggestions

kingtom256
07-23-2007, 04:18 PM
I think here we should be able to make SUITABLE suggestions about new units.

I would like to make a few first.

I would like to see specific goblin units in the orc faction. Such as goblin skirmishers, with daggers. Or goblin beserkers. Orc witches, the best back up unit anyone should have, enchanting units. Also, ogre rock throwers, a powerful ranged unit.

So what do you think?

Ryan Zelazny
07-23-2007, 05:17 PM
Welcome to the forums Kingtom.

We actually have 2 goblin units already, a goblin warrior and a goblin archer.

Orc's do have a spellcaster, though his name hasn't been confirmed yet, I believe he's either a Warlock or a Mor.

We are debating giving ogres the ability to throw rocks, they already help so much in siege with their giant clubs, they can smash through walls or doors quite effciently.

Good idea with suggesting units, you never know you guys might come up with something we will use, or perhaps it might be an easter-egg or an editor-only unit.

jap88
07-23-2007, 05:35 PM
Men should probably have seperate crossbow and regular bow units IMO, each offers a distinct advantage in certain situations. Bows have a much longer range and don't take as long to reload, but the crossbows are much more powerful.
There are a lot of possibilities really, it's just coming up with one that realistically fits in the game without throwing off balance and such.

Darvin
07-23-2007, 08:30 PM
Well, not knowing much about the gameplay yet, there's only so much we can suggest. However, I must say that given that there's a draconic faction, there definitely should be at least one unit with multiple heads.

Silent_Lamb
07-24-2007, 01:54 AM
Hmm. Here's me referencing another game again, my apologies if it's getting on anyones nerves.

Most games have that one unit besides the hero that is so unexplainably bad ass that you just love using them. Because I don't know what units you have in the game I can't really suggest one, but I would think there definately needs to be a unit like the Ninja's from Shogun Total War, those units you just love to use.

I would like to see crossbowmen, I forget their names, the ones with shields on their backs. When they go to reload they turn around so the shields are facing their enemies, making them excellent against other ranged units.

I don't know how the devs are going with dragons but they should have some sort of underground unit that can travel under the surface, pop up and grab individual soldiers, and then burrow back under. At that time maybe it could be attackable, trying to get back under ground before it gets pelted with arrows or stabbed with swords.

Humans should have some sort of infantry unit capable of ensaring flying units, or maybe it could simply be a crossbowmen ability, to fire a net up and bring the unit down. It could be combined with a fire units ability, they could cast fire on it and set the net (maybe presented as a net dosed in some sort of flamable liquid) on fire.

An infantry unit for the humans capable of forming the testudo or some variation of it would be interesting. Good for fairing against arrow attacks and fire breathing dragons, but then the dragon could sweep down and knock the units out of formation, then they get pelted by arrows. Or, as mentioned above, the unit that burrows under ground could come under neath and gobble them up or knock them out of formation.

All I've got for now.

Sharku
08-01-2007, 10:42 AM
Well, not knowing much about the gameplay yet, there's only so much we can suggest. However, I must say that given that there's a draconic faction, there definitely should be at least one unit with multiple heads.Yes hydra would be awesome :)

SPARROW94
08-01-2007, 10:43 AM
wow not cool i did not know this thread was here

Sharku
08-01-2007, 10:47 AM
Trolls and Cyclops for Orcs?

SPARROW94
08-01-2007, 10:47 AM
umm dont know wat ya getting at

Sharku
08-01-2007, 10:48 AM
Would Trolls and Cyclops be cool units for Orcs? Or are they better suited for Dragons?

SPARROW94
08-01-2007, 10:49 AM
trolls are all ready in orc faction but a cyclops sounds good for dragons

jap88
08-01-2007, 02:11 PM
Will Humans be getting any mystical units at all or is the faction comprised entirely of men?

Alexander Flegler
08-01-2007, 02:41 PM
The Human faction just consists of men, women, horses and cattle.

Ryan Zelazny
08-01-2007, 04:50 PM
The Human faction just consists of men, women, horses and cattle.

And quite possibly mystical cattle. :rolleyes:

MahsterC
08-01-2007, 05:37 PM
And quite possibly mystical cattle. :rolleyes:

lol hows that going to help in battle? But on second thought is it an advanced recource unit?

The Witch King of Angmar
08-04-2007, 11:50 AM
lol hows that going to help in battle? But on second thought is it an advanced recource unit?

Maybe as time goes on you would be able to buy this unit depending on the resources you have.

Darvin
08-04-2007, 12:17 PM
He was probably joking about mythical cattle. I'd imagine humans will have the most technology out of any of the factions, and their late game will probably reflect that by balancing magic and tech. Of course, I'm not talking steam punk, but more on the lines of high-end siege weapons.

jap88
08-04-2007, 04:17 PM
I'd imagine they'd have the best iron-working and such. And, as Darvin said, will probably have higher end siege units. I'm guessing humans will probably have the strongest walls and towers in the game. Dragons or the orcs would probably have the weakest. Elves strongest archers, orcs rely on swarm tactics and Dragons are just kind of teh uber all-around units.

kingtom256
08-06-2007, 03:26 PM
I Know!!!!! Goblin Suicide Bombers!!

Darvin
08-06-2007, 11:49 PM
Those are in warcraft, let's not clone too much from that (albiet venerable) game.

Sharku
08-11-2007, 08:08 PM
Kraken or Sea Serpent

Silent_Lamb
08-11-2007, 09:35 PM
Definitely a lot of sea options.

Something along the lines of a swimming termites (Some sort of name that goes along with that?). Boats are made of would right? It could be a dragon unit or ability, they could cast it and it would slowly do damage to the ship, but if the ship boarded another the termites would pass over to the other one as well.

A sea creature that can make a tidal wave would be cool, and fun to use, but maybe to much of an annoyance to combat. At the moment I can think of nothing too specific that isn't obvious, like tentacle creatures, ect.

Sharku
08-11-2007, 10:35 PM
Definatly need a Rhino or Elephant type unit somewhere in this game.

The Witch King of Angmar
08-12-2007, 12:23 PM
Definatly need a Rhino or Elephant type unit somewhere in this game.

They should only be in wild countries, not in like the woods or something like that.

Sharku
08-12-2007, 01:27 PM
They should only be in wild countries, not in like the woods or something like that.
I was thinking they could be some sort of heavy calvary for the Orcs or Dragons, able to just charge through infantry lines. That would be so sweet.

The Witch King of Angmar
08-12-2007, 03:45 PM
I was thinking they could be some sort of heavy calvary for the Orcs or Dragons, able to just charge through infantry lines. That would be so sweet.

Wow that's different but cool. Imagine a giant rhino just come at you and stick you with his horn. :eek:

Silent_Lamb
08-12-2007, 10:15 PM
Highly trained and experienced elephants in Medieval Total War 2 could break a battle lines morale extremely easy. Hopefully if they include them in this game you won't see your spearmen (if their in it too,) breaking and running from a single elephant.

The Witch King of Angmar
08-13-2007, 11:00 AM
Highly trained and experienced elephants in Medieval Total War 2 could break a battle lines morale extremely easy. Hopefully if they include them in this game you won't see your spearmen (if their in it too,) breaking and running from a single elephant.

I would run. Lol. They should be like mumakil in LOTR.

jap88
08-13-2007, 11:41 AM
those were easy to kill, all you needed was fire arrows.

The Witch King of Angmar
08-13-2007, 04:09 PM
those were easy to kill, all you needed was fire arrows.

No I meant in the movie. I rushed with them within 5 minutes of the game so usually they didn't have fire arrows. ;)

SPARROW94
08-18-2007, 09:04 PM
hehehe bright ideas popping every wheres

The Witch King of Angmar
08-19-2007, 05:57 PM
hehehe bright ideas popping every wheres

Elephants would be cool for the game.

Darvin
08-20-2007, 12:23 AM
I'm not sure if elephants would fit the themes of any of the existing factions.

Ndition
08-20-2007, 07:27 AM
What about a lake monster like loch ness or a river monster :P

SPARROW94
08-20-2007, 08:54 AM
hehehe u guys got it all wrong im sorta thinking or a GAINT cyclops bigger then the tree of war muhahahahaha

The Witch King of Angmar
08-20-2007, 11:27 AM
I'm not sure if elephants would fit the themes of any of the existing factions.

Yeah they really don't b ut it would be cool though. As for a cyclops they should be a siege unit for the orcs I think.

Sharku
09-10-2007, 02:52 PM
Mabe some sort of Rhino like creature with catapults and a rider on it's back. This would make siege more mobile but they would be weaker then a regular catapult.

The Witch King of Angmar
09-10-2007, 03:25 PM
Mabe some sort of Rhino like creature with catapults and a rider on it's back. This would make siege more mobile but they would be weaker then a regular catapult.

Maybe it could be like an anti-calvalry as well.

olauwers
09-11-2007, 12:59 PM
Rhino and elephant could be used by the humans, in their normal form, or by orcs, in some sort of slightly mutated form.

SPARROW94
09-11-2007, 08:49 PM
mutated u got it the wrong way pall...im thinking wolfs and bears

olauwers
09-12-2007, 12:38 PM
mutated u got it the wrong way pall...im thinking wolfs and bears

I fail to see how I got it the wrong way, just because you think something else? :D

The Witch King of Angmar
09-12-2007, 02:11 PM
I fail to see how I got it the wrong way, just because you think something else? :D

What did you mean by mutated?

Joseph Visscher
09-12-2007, 06:05 PM
Quote:Originally Posted by Ryan Zelazny
"And quite possibly mystical cattle. "

Do not under estimate cows in RTSs!!!!!!!!
In bfme2 I made the almighty ‘Laser Cow Horde Map’! Replacing the Wargs with cow models and replacing there main sword weapon with red Lazers dealing endless damage, along with an armor type so that nothing can even attack them.
Trust me I’ve seen 1 cow kill 100 ring heroes in a few seconds. ( ring heroes are the most powerful units in bfme2.)
LOL. I’m laughing but I’m not joking or lying. It wasn’t a mod either, it was an unstable override.ini.:D :cool:

The Witch King of Angmar
09-12-2007, 06:48 PM
Quote:Originally Posted by Ryan Zelazny
"And quite possibly mystical cattle. "

Do not under estimate cows in RTSs!!!!!!!!
In bfme2 I made the almighty ĎLaser Cow Horde Mapí! Replacing the Wargs with cow models and replacing there main sword weapon with red Lazers dealing endless damage, along with an armor type so that nothing can even attack them.
Trust me Iíve seen 1 cow kill 100 ring heroes in a few seconds. ( ring heroes are the most powerful units in bfme2.)
LOL. Iím laughing but Iím not joking or lying. It wasnít a mod either, it was an unstable override.ini.:D :cool:

Nice. I wish I could have seen that in action.

SPARROW94
09-18-2007, 06:32 PM
wow THATS THE GAWD DAMN KOOLEST ****ING THING IV EVERED HEARD

Joseph Visscher
09-18-2007, 06:53 PM
Yea two bad I left the screenshots on my old pc......:( I did have then online posted on a bfme2 mapping clan site ( {IP} ) but they deleted everything on the site and moved to a new one after I left {IP} (deleting the pics...)

its true though lol. it was fun.

olauwers
09-19-2007, 09:30 AM
What did you mean by mutated?

Well, kinda like orcs are mutated humans, elephants and rhinos under orcish command would have slight mutations. They would maybe have a shade of green through their skins, or green eyes, or extra sharp and pointy teeth, stuff like that.

The Witch King of Angmar
09-19-2007, 02:16 PM
Well, kinda like orcs are mutated humans, elephants and rhinos under orcish command would have slight mutations. They would maybe have a shade of green through their skins, or green eyes, or extra sharp and pointy teeth, stuff like that.

Cool. I'd like to see an albino rhino. PS I didn't say that because of the cheesy rhyme it created. I'd honestly like to see one in DoF.

SPARROW94
10-02-2007, 05:21 PM
A QUESTION HOW DO YOU MOD... like is there a program i can download

Ryan Zelazny
10-02-2007, 05:26 PM
You will be able to do mods through reprogramming the source code, and also some minor things through the editor.

SPARROW94
10-02-2007, 05:32 PM
wow i dont get that anyways il think ill learn when i join an game devolpment school

aNarion
10-04-2007, 07:29 AM
I've just registered to this forum and i must say that i'm very exited about the game and its futures, just LOOOVE the concept!

About unit suggestion, i was wondering if there will be some heavy plated units for the Humans, with large shoulderpads, and shining armors?
That would be really great in my opinion!

ShadowyMoon
10-04-2007, 08:00 AM
Those are the human cavalry knights :) I think I've seen them in a few screenshots. And welcome to the forums!

Ryan Zelazny
10-04-2007, 11:51 AM
I've just registered to this forum and i must say that i'm very exited about the game and its futures, just LOOOVE the concept!

About unit suggestion, i was wondering if there will be some heavy plated units for the Humans, with large shoulderpads, and shining armors?
That would be really great in my opinion!

Welcome aNarion,

To answer your question, we do have a heavy plated unit for the Human faction. He's called the Thane. Here's a concept picture.

http://www.dawnoffantasy.com/media/cons11.jpg

Puppeteer
10-04-2007, 12:44 PM
That is awesome! :D Great big claymore?

SPARROW94
10-04-2007, 03:11 PM
lol can i see an heavy armored orc for an chance

ShadowyMoon
10-04-2007, 03:17 PM
Orcs don't like pinkskins who hide inn armor :p

SPARROW94
10-04-2007, 03:22 PM
orcs are the bomb dont evaa diss them...lol

The Witch King of Angmar
10-04-2007, 05:13 PM
Sick. Man humans have brutes for heros.

SPARROW94
10-04-2007, 05:42 PM
orcs have orgers

Kostia Kaploon
10-05-2007, 01:36 PM
what about having griffins as the elven mount units?? :)

kost.

The Witch King of Angmar
10-05-2007, 02:06 PM
what about having griffins as the elven mount units?? :)

kost.

They all ready have elven mounting units and also, what faction would griffins go under? Dragons maybe?

Kostia Kaploon
10-05-2007, 02:13 PM
They all ready have elven mounting units and also, what faction would griffins go under? Dragons maybe?

what mounting units do they have? and even if they do wouldn't it be cooler to have an elf riding a griffin. and as i said it would be elven faction - inslaved by the elves or helping them or something. besides that will counter dragons probably..

kost.

ShadowyMoon
10-05-2007, 02:33 PM
I think it would be best if dragons are the only race that has flying stuff.

Kostia Kaploon
10-05-2007, 02:41 PM
I think it would be best if dragons are the only race that has flying stuff.

Why? lolz..

kost.

ShadowyMoon
10-05-2007, 03:03 PM
Would add more personality and a unique play style. I'm sick of games where every race has the same units just different models and names.

The Witch King of Angmar
10-05-2007, 06:55 PM
what mounting units do they have? and even if they do wouldn't it be cooler to have an elf riding a griffin. and as i said it would be elven faction - inslaved by the elves or helping them or something. besides that will counter dragons probably..

kost.

They have unicorns, and no I think a elf riding a griffin would look queer in my opinion.

SPARROW94
10-05-2007, 09:30 PM
my massive (crappy) goblin archer army shall fight these dragons

Puppeteer
10-06-2007, 01:51 PM
Nice spelling Sparrow ;)

The Witch King of Angmar
10-06-2007, 02:41 PM
my massive (crappy) goblin archer army shall fight these dragons

And get torched. :)

Sharku
10-07-2007, 10:46 AM
I would like if at least one more faction had some flying units for massive ariel battles with the Dragons.

The Witch King of Angmar
10-07-2007, 11:33 AM
I would like if at least one more faction had some flying units for massive ariel battles with the Dragons.

Yeah but which faction would have them?

Kostia Kaploon
10-07-2007, 01:24 PM
Yeah but which faction would have them?

as i said here a page ago - elvs can have griffins as mounted units..

ShadowyMoon
10-07-2007, 01:33 PM
Griffins don't really fit elves. I'd say griffins look better with human/dwarves. Though it would still be best if only dragons can fly. And I believe Reverie said that flying is a special ability and works only for a while. There are no permenantly flying units.

Kostia Kaploon
10-07-2007, 01:41 PM
Griffins don't really fit elves. I'd say griffins look better with human/dwarves. Though it would still be best if only dragons can fly. And I believe Reverie said that flying is a special ability and works only for a while. There are no permenantly flying units.

dwarfs arn't a faction and somewhere they said humans cant have fictional unit.. so the closest fit are the elvs..

about flying - maybe when 2 flying units meet they fight in air or somthing.. and still i would realy like to have another unit exept dragons fly (at least one)

ShadowyMoon
10-07-2007, 01:54 PM
Dwarves might be in the expansion. And I doubt units can fly that long to actually kill each other in the air.

olauwers
10-07-2007, 04:22 PM
Men could have Falcons, or troops of Falcons, with appropriate Falconiers. Elves could have special birds or other flying stuff, you can go all out with them, since you can just make up some nice new Elfish-looking flying unit. Orcs are tougher, though. I would say Orcs on catapults. Yes, that would be funny :D

jap88
10-07-2007, 05:06 PM
A pegasus would seem to fit with elves...

The Witch King of Angmar
10-07-2007, 06:32 PM
A pegasus would seem to fit with elves...

They have unicorns and dwarves will be like the first lined up in the expansion.

Puppeteer
10-08-2007, 02:42 PM
Orcs should have Serpent Flies; hybrid of birds and trolls, like from heroes of might and magic V

SPARROW94
10-10-2007, 05:20 PM
i can see it now-Dwarven slumber an stand alone expansion
new faction and new units

The Witch King of Angmar
10-10-2007, 05:46 PM

Yeah but I think I'd choose a better title than Dwarven Slumber.

frankein_fish
10-26-2007, 02:47 AM
I have a question: Will there be mace mens they realy ad up in STRONGHOLD:CRUSADER. They had medium armour, medium meapon and medium speed, basicly a good unit :p :)

The Witch King of Angmar
10-26-2007, 02:16 PM
I have a question: Will there be mace mens they realy ad up in STRONGHOLD:CRUSADER. They had medium armour, medium meapon and medium speed, basicly a good unit :p :)

Maybe the orcs will have this, but no, I don't think that men have mace guys.

Puppeteer
10-26-2007, 02:26 PM
Didn't Mace men (with flails :() have great attack but bad armour? Did in original Stronghold.

SvN
10-26-2007, 03:11 PM

i dont really like the idea of adding dwarfs as a faction to this game, it would just be the same -small guys with axes and hammers, living in great mines- as in every other fantasy game. Im hoping for something different.

but nevermind that, its too early to discuss expansion packs now:p

The Witch King of Angmar
10-27-2007, 01:29 PM
i dont really like the idea of adding dwarfs as a faction to this game, it would just be the same -small guys with axes and hammers, living in great mines- as in every other fantasy game. Im hoping for something different.

but nevermind that, its too early to discuss expansion packs now:p

I would like to see maybe ogres or something as a race.

Puppeteer
10-27-2007, 02:41 PM
I would like, in order of preferance: Undead, Ice Nomads and Syrens (like AofW, slave race with pure magic).

iceblast
10-28-2007, 07:54 AM
id like to see a men rush unit so i can uber pwn people that hate rushing

The Witch King of Angmar
10-28-2007, 12:53 PM
id like to see a men rush unit so i can uber pwn people that hate rushing

Maybe it could be called a drunken warrior. It could be some guy that runs around with a bottle of whiskey in one hand and like a spiked mace in another. They could be used as like a suicide unit to harass early units and economy buildings.

SvN
10-28-2007, 01:21 PM
nah, i dont want this game to be a rushing game:p

Puppeteer
10-28-2007, 03:27 PM
That gives me an idea of how men can defend the tavern: people throw flaming alcohol bottles out of the tower of the tavern :)

The Witch King of Angmar
10-29-2007, 02:41 PM
That gives me an idea of how men can defend the tavern: people throw flaming alcohol bottles out of the tower of the tavern :)

Or molotov coc-ktails. :D

frankein_fish
10-30-2007, 05:24 AM
Nah i would rather wanna see little Goblins runing forward with barrels of explosive on the back :p :D

The Witch King of Angmar
10-30-2007, 06:59 AM
Nah i would rather wanna see little Goblins runing forward with barrels of explosive on the back :p :D

Yeah that would be cool too.

frankein_fish
10-30-2007, 11:28 AM
Yeah that would be cool too.

The new strategy: spam bomb goblins on evrything on the map:D :p
MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Joseph Visscher
10-30-2007, 12:09 PM
You guys think they had explosives back then? I dont think Saruman is around to make the goblins' bombs. :p

Puppeteer
10-30-2007, 12:30 PM
how far are we talking? the Chinese had gunpowder for ages :D

SvN
10-30-2007, 01:52 PM
no. do not make any explosives for this game. i wouldnt like it:o

Darvin
10-30-2007, 02:20 PM
Keep gunpowder out of the fantasy setting, that's for sure!

Magic is more than capable of filling in all the big explosions.

SPARROW94
10-30-2007, 05:59 PM
umm rushing..have u seen screenshots dude I HIGHLY DOUBT THERE WILL BE RUSHING

The Witch King of Angmar
10-31-2007, 10:02 AM
umm rushing..have u seen screenshots dude I HIGHLY DOUBT THERE WILL BE RUSHING

I don't. Rushing is a part of almost every RTS.

Ryan Zelazny
10-31-2007, 10:02 AM
The only race we planned powder weapons for was Dwarves. But they wont be in the initial release so don't worry about it ;) .

The Witch King of Angmar
10-31-2007, 10:03 AM
The only race we planned powder weapons for was Dwarves. But they wont be in the initial release so don't worry about it ;) .

Will they get cannons or explosives?

Ryan Zelazny
10-31-2007, 10:03 AM
We had planned for both, but only time will tell if we even release an expansion with them in it.

The Witch King of Angmar
10-31-2007, 10:09 AM
We had planned for both, but only time will tell if we even release an expansion with them in it.

Sweet. A dwarven dude as a suicide bomber would be awesome.

Puppeteer
10-31-2007, 01:30 PM
if there is gunpowder, make it slow, overpowered but unreliable as hell!

The Witch King of Angmar
10-31-2007, 06:56 PM
if there is gunpowder, make it slow, overpowered but unreliable as hell!

How would it be unreliable?

Puppeteer
11-01-2007, 12:48 PM
Hmm, let me think -_- Ye olde gunpowder was never fool-proof, like the pistols would fail to release correct charge, musket fires wrong way, cannon exploded as too much gunpowder used etc. etc.

The Witch King of Angmar
11-01-2007, 02:15 PM
Hmm, let me think -_- Ye olde gunpowder was never fool-proof, like the pistols would fail to release correct charge, musket fires wrong way, cannon exploded as too much gunpowder used etc. etc.

Oh ok. I didn't realize what you meant.

SPARROW94
11-04-2007, 06:41 PM
have i missed some thing "dwarves" is there a new faction?

frankein_fish
11-05-2007, 04:19 AM
have i missed some thing "dwarves" is there a new faction?

no, not yet

SPARROW94
11-05-2007, 05:04 PM
so people think there s gonna be dwarves...or what?

The Witch King of Angmar
11-05-2007, 06:25 PM
so people think there s gonna be dwarves...or what?

In the expansion, yes.

ash12181987
02-03-2008, 05:01 PM
Dwarven Suicide Bombers... No. :P
The Rhinos that were spoken of earlier... Yes.
Drunken rusher... Hell yes

Basically my ideas thusfar are as follows:
-Varying levels of armor for some units. For instance, if you have that uber armored dude, make a medium armored varient. What this does is allows for many different strategies for many different people. You Don't just have to have a bunch of lumbering Thralls, you can have some guys with No armor but the same hand to hand Damage for speed over armor, flanking.

-My second is more of a question: Do humans have Any magic users? If they do, I understand it's likely just one unit, but why not let it level up into varying units. IE: You have a mage unit, as he levels up he can focus on different types of magic, thereby allowing him to do certain things others can't.

-Dual weilders would be nice as well, getting more attacks or someting like that.

-Going along with dual weilders: can we get units that ascend walls on their own without ladders?

The Witch King of Angmar
02-03-2008, 07:34 PM
1. A Human wizard is called a Mor. They can level up but may not be able to get different types of magc.

2. Elves have dual-wield guys. I believe they are called Elven Blade Masters or something like that.

Jean=A=Luc
02-03-2008, 07:56 PM
Yeah, wall climbing units would be cool, like goblins or spiders...

ash12181987
02-03-2008, 11:13 PM
I thought wall climbers with the Assasins from Stronghold Crusader. I mean really, that is a hella a skill if used right, opens up Many different strategies for people. Kinda, why throw 300 guys at a castle gate, if we can just use our little wall climber dude, kill the gate guard, and open the stupid thing.

The Witch King of Angmar
02-04-2008, 02:13 PM
I think they may have something like that. I know that you can open your enemies gates if you can capture some point though.

Puppeteer
02-05-2008, 12:59 PM
yeah in stronghold 2 the asssassin guy threw a grappling hook onto the wall and climbed up (could jump down afterwards). When he ran and stood alone on top of a gate, it turned to your side and it opened. That was cool.

Village Sock
02-05-2008, 02:32 PM
I used to love Stronghold one, such great fun sieges. Stronghold 2 was good also with some nice features, such as what puppeteer said with the assasin, though I found the economic side of it to hectic and requiring too much micro management...
They messed up with Strongohld legends though.

Konstantin Fomenko
02-06-2008, 10:51 AM
Gentlemen,

I want to thank you for your input on the "assassin" type units, we did plan this to some extend, but your feedback made us push this through.

So far we only have Elven Sorcerer unit capable of this, but we might add a human unit which can do this as well, and perhaps Orcish spellcaster would have this capability as well.

As things go right now - all Stronghold gates, have an opening mechanism on the inside. So - Elven player can use Sorcerers invisibility ability, approach walls - plant a climbable plant to get on top of the walls. Approach the Gate opening mechanism, (gate crank) and destroy it - Sorcerer will most likely die in this process, but if he succeeds the gate will open, and cavalry can charge in. We do want to limit such wall-climbing units to elite - very expensive units.

I do want to figure out if we can have goblins climbing the walls in Masses though - it might be copyrighted by BftME:(

Jean=A=Luc
02-06-2008, 12:08 PM
Gentlemen,
I do want to figure out if we can have goblins climbing the walls in Masses though - it might be copyrighted by BftME:(

And no one ever uses it....ever...

Darvin
02-06-2008, 12:52 PM
Well, the problem in BFME wasn't that wall climbing was useless, but rather that it was such an insignificant effort to destroy the walls that it basically offered no benefit.

As I see it, the purpose of wall climbers should be as shock troops; approach an undefended flank suddenly, scale the wall, and send the enemy forces into disarray while the main strike force tries to break through. That didn't work well in BFME2 since all battles were essentially decisive field battles. However, I suspect it could make for very interesting gameplay in DoF.

I do agree with Konstantin that there may be a copyright issue if it's too similar to BFME. I do feel that simply having goblins scurry up a wall probably wouldn't fit DoF's theme anyways. My suggestion: use a grappling hook and give it to a difference race than the orcs. This brings a considerable difference in style which should distance yourself from the BFME franchise. I also think it fits the style of DoF (particularly if you want this to be an ability of elite troops) better.

The Witch King of Angmar
02-06-2008, 02:19 PM
I would go for the ability ability to climb walls strictly for the Elves because of their stealth. It just seems to suit them better.

SPARROW94
02-06-2008, 04:05 PM
yeah in BFME2 no used the ability they either made mass forrt. for dragons or build muaradurs

ash12181987
02-07-2008, 12:40 AM
I don't think it would make sense for Dragons to have it, wall climb that is.

Further I agree with the idea that, the basic trooper should Not have this, it should be reserved for some kinda elite dude.

Humans seem medieval focused, kinda holding to RL combat techniques, doesn't make sense they would have it. I'd say humans would be more of the tunneling type.

Elves, I agree would be the most likely to have this. Make a unit thats some kinda stealthy elf, and one of his little tweaked abilities is to climb walls, or something like that. They could be a high damage, low armor and HP kinda unit that sneaks up the walls in a battle, kills the guards in a couple awesome blows, and flips the switch to the gatehouse.

Orcs: If you want to distance yourself from the BfME lable, then I suppose it makes sense. At the same time, it would seem to me that they would be about as likely as the elves to have a unit like this. Specifically something a bit more anorexic and destructive. Something to the effect of a explosive suicide unit that can climb walls, ontop of his ability to just pop. How this may be useful IG, I'd say would be for a wall rush: throw these guys infront, they charge in like loonies, climb the walls and explode, sending wall guards a-flying and clearing room for your ladders.

The Witch King of Angmar
02-07-2008, 09:11 AM
Yeah. Or I was thinking also, you could have some giant orc with a huge two handed sword climb up on the wall and hack the guards to pieces. :D

SvN
02-07-2008, 09:26 AM
Yeah. Or I was thinking also, you could have some giant orc with a huge two handed sword climb up on the wall and hack the guards to pieces. :D

thats the isengard berserker;)

The Witch King of Angmar
02-07-2008, 04:47 PM
thats the isengard berserker;)

Ok, he could have a bomb strapped to him and right before he dies he blows himself up. :)

SPARROW94
02-07-2008, 06:04 PM
lolz ZOMG that would be funny just a bunch of archers firing from a human wall then BOOM an Orc bezerker blows the whole battlion up.... also orc ftw

The Witch King of Angmar
02-07-2008, 06:18 PM
I've done the same thing on BFME but with heros on it. :D

SPARROW94
02-08-2008, 07:21 AM
lolz withc king you have the expansion pack for BFME2

SvN
02-08-2008, 01:39 PM
I dont really like the idea of having bombs in this game:(

frankein_fish
02-08-2008, 01:47 PM
Maybe the Human walls could have some kind of self destruct that when a tower gets captured a bomb will explode and kill most of the units in the tower.
Just an crazy idea formed in my little evil brain :D
Played to much Dark eldar in Dawn of war:Soulstorm :p

Konstantin Fomenko
02-08-2008, 02:22 PM
Elves, I agree would be the most likely to have this. Make a unit thats some kinda stealthy elf, and one of his little tweaked abilities is to climb walls, or something like that. They could be a high damage, low armor and HP kinda unit that sneaks up the walls in a battle, kills the guards in a couple awesome blows, and flips the switch to the gatehouse.

That`s what I am talking about! Kind of like a drop on resources gatherers in good old StarCraft:)

Darvin
02-08-2008, 02:25 PM
In regards to economy harass: keep the strategy, lose the macromanagement. The macro of repairing the damage of an attack against your economy is substantial, and can really detract from the fun of the game. That said, the strategic element is important for obvious reasons.

Puppeteer
02-08-2008, 04:57 PM
Yeah Stronghold economy was too hard. Too much to worry about, what with a wide array of food supplies that fell to easily which then made your poeple leave... in that game, destroy a couple of farms and they're gonnas

Darvin
02-08-2008, 11:16 PM
In Stronghold, all you had to do was rush the enemy base with good melee troops. It was theoretically possible to get a palisade up before the rush came, but the rushers would then have you pinned into your base, depriving you of the opportunity to expand your economy, so it was over at this point anyways. As a result, the only viable strategy was to quickly get strong melee units and rush the other guy's base. It turned out to be very lame in multiplayer as a result.

frankein_fish
02-14-2008, 08:15 AM
Or spam catapults like i did :D
It worked well atleast with about 50 catapults :p

SPARROW94
02-15-2008, 04:55 PM
Or spam catapults like i did :D
It worked well atleast with about 50 catapults :p

WOW i remember that from BFME2

Xerosomes
02-25-2008, 09:27 AM
Rather than undead as a faction, (Undead seems more like a 'mass little things to slaughter everybody' faction than orcs do, Plus its over-rated) I'd rather have some kind of Necromancer unit who can create up to a certain amount (Ie the average necromancer could control so many skeletons) and rather than the undead brought back to life to be extremely weak, They'd be rather strong (they're fueled by 'dark' forces, Ain't breaking that too easily), Of course if the necromancer dies they'd lose their focus and go berserk, Same if he tried to summon too many.
Dragons/humans would have this type of character specially (I believe dragons (being the Bad***es they are) Should be able to summon up a few dead to do their bidding)
Elves and Orcs (going by stereotypical cliches) would either look onto this practice as disgusting to the more 'dignified' elves or insulting to the more 'tribal' orcs.

The Witch King of Angmar
02-25-2008, 02:14 PM
Sounds good to me.

i6.Stalker
02-25-2008, 07:47 PM
So if you are attacking someone elses base you may have a problem with people attacking your fortress right? You have a civilian population and obviously they won't just stand there, scared ****less, doing nothing. However if you could build an armory in the middle of your base that manufactures and stores weapons for like 50 gold each or something, you could have your civilians go there and get swords and armor and serve as weak units to help defend your base until you can get some better defense. Or you could just simply have them group together (with or without you controlling them) in clans *Cough* Wolverines
*Cough*, pickup and wield random household items (Pitch forks, family heirloom weapons, shovels, malotov coctails, torches, buckets of hot coal or boiling water, etc.) and defend their homes and fortress. Perhaps even have the household pet, dogs, go for the juggular (red alert anyone?).

The Witch King of Angmar
02-25-2008, 08:17 PM
They already may have some of those capabilities.

Puppeteer
02-26-2008, 06:45 AM
Undead seems more like a 'mass little things to slaughter everybody' faction than orcs do, Plus its over-rated

Not necessarily. In my opinion, the undead would be an equal faction with small light spam units, ie. weak skeletons, but they could have very strong elite units too, ie. bone dragons or necromancers. Think of them as Isengard in bfme2.

The Witch King of Angmar
02-26-2008, 07:39 AM
Most of Isens units were strong though.

Jean=A=Luc
02-26-2008, 01:54 PM
I think he meant Goblins or Mordor.

SPARROW94
03-01-2008, 11:48 AM
meh elves in BFME2 was complete pwneg

Puppeteer
03-07-2008, 03:46 PM
In one of the patches Isengard had normal-strength uruks. In rotwk the warg pack is relatively weak, but the warg rider is strongish.

The Witch King of Angmar
03-07-2008, 11:15 PM
I'd think they should be due to the fact that wargs are alot more vicious than horses are.

The Witch King of Angmar
03-07-2008, 11:16 PM
I'd think they should be due to the fact that wargs are alot more vicious than horses are.

Redzone
04-01-2008, 05:35 PM
Sorry if this was previously mentioned, but honestly im too lazy to read threw the whole thread.

Id like to see Sub-Race units like Dwarves, Trolls, Ogres (as well as some different races we haven't see in fantasy games) that can be acquired by taking over one of their near by settlements. Id also like to see units based on different player faction affiliations, like Light, Dark, Nature, Machine, Earth, Fire, etc. Different affiliations and sub-races to customize your army would be a great way to make your army the way you want it.

Chromatism
04-02-2008, 03:43 AM
Well, not knowing much about the gameplay yet, there's only so much we can suggest. However, I must say that given that there's a draconic faction, there definitely should be at least one unit with multiple heads.

Lol. The Hydra is born ;)

And hell! Who doesn't want a beastie with ridiculous regenerative properties, sprays concentrated water jets from multiple orifici, and who's weakness (in a huge bout of irony) is actually fire itself? :cool:

I would salute you Darvin, but considering I'm going to be an Elf boy... This doesn't bode well! :p

TheDarkOne
04-02-2008, 04:06 PM
i am new to the fourms, and i just want to say great game so far. but one thing i have not seen yet is an assassin unit. i think if there into one yet that you should think about adding one.

the assassin would be able to scale walls like a ninja(perferibly at night for more steath) and would have a verry strong 1 hit kill( depending on attcked unit) but verry low health. you will only be able to have to at a time.

he would be a verry stratigic unit if moral was impliminted into the game. for example. at night you have our army hide out of sight, send in assassin, quickly kill the enemy leader. and then swarm your army in while the opponent is franticly trying to figure out what happend.

the assassins ablilities could:
1.blend in : Select a enemy unit and assassin would immitate the enemy unit,therefore adding more stealth.
2.cought: you would activate this if(and when) you assassin is found. it would cause you assassin to run very fast and be able to avoid whole squads of enemy troops if micro'ed correctly.
3.throwing star: throws a ninjs star killing a enemy unit from afar with little hassle allowing for a quick getaway.

please take this sugestion into consederation

The Witch King of Angmar
04-02-2008, 07:01 PM
I think one of the elven units may resemble a spy type of unit or at least a stealth type.

TheDarkOne
04-02-2008, 09:10 PM
I think one of the elven units may resemble a spy type of unit or at least a stealth type.

i think that every race (but orks mabe) should have one i just remember the old stronghold crusader days when they had the assassin unit that cound scale walls just wanted to see somtjing like that implimented in the game

Jean=A=Luc
04-03-2008, 04:26 PM
There was talk of assassin-like units that would be able to open the city gates but I don't know if it's been implemented or how exactly.

LordSlayer
04-18-2008, 06:48 PM
Assassins :)

byebye pesky wizards

Kell Aset
03-23-2009, 04:47 PM
Perhaps when dwarfs will show up and if their race will be powder based, humans could get new unit also, a powder based, musketeers I mean but it is just a thought.
I know that humans are to be rather strictly middle-aged in their style so this can be easliy rejected, but at end why humans can't use powder if dwarfs can.

Phylast
03-24-2009, 12:07 PM
What about Kamikaze units that do either a massive amount of damage to a single unit/ structure or a considerable amount of damage to a small area? I believe the Lord of the Rings movie showed an orc doing this. As I mentioned in a different post about siege engines, this could be a deadly combination to throwout a kamikaze orc into the defending or sieging fray.

How about Berserker units? Maybe the more damage they take the stronger they become?

Will there be large units that have the ability to walk over and crush smaller units? Much like tanks do infantry in the Command & Conquer Series. I'm not sure how the unit battles are going to pan out, but will there be a large unit that has a grinder effect for smaller units? For instance, the Dawn of War (Warhammer 40,000) had units to would tear through smaller units quickly, graphically, and have a general knockback/ knockdown.

Will some units have the ability to mind control a small group of enemy units?

Sharku
03-24-2009, 02:47 PM
Your kamikaze unit reminded me of an idea I had about an Orc unit that shoots itself from a spring loaded mechanism and glides into the enemy with a package full of explosives.

LiTos456
03-24-2009, 03:34 PM
yeah, that's what they did in lotr.

TaTa456
04-07-2009, 02:07 PM
i assume that men would have like magic units like wizards and such, that would be cool. hes still a man just one with divine powers i guess. again sorry if i repeat someone else suggestions.

what about ents (tree people) for the elf race? like huge slow moving but extremely powerful trees that would be more of a siege unit that can use smaller trees as clubs to swipe masses of infantry or take down walls and such, but ofcourse it would be highly weak against fire attacks.

or maybe some sort of forest animals (bears, wolves, hawks) but on a slightly larger scale that the elves train to fight for them or use as scouts/specialty units?

a large variety of orc units is essential for the orc race. we've seen so many different styles and genres of orc units in other games/movies/stories ranging from tiny like to huge, and i think thats essential for a race that probably relies on mass units and guerilla tactics to fight. and then throw in other specialty units like trolls, gremlins, huge cave beasts (use ur imagination) stuff like that.

as for the dragon race, im sure you can give them any sort of mercenary unit to control since they are probably the most feared and deadly race, maybe like in lotr give them a men of the west sorta thing to have control over. or give them sorcerers that can resurrect the fallen soldiers (allies and enemies) and turn them into skeleton warriors (yes i said this somewhere else but i really think it be a cool idea:p )

men should also have like maybe a gunpowder unit for ranged attack that has low range but deadly attack that can stun units and really demoralize enemies. elves can also have like assassin type units since theyre more agile and sneaky, give them units that can jump out of trees and remain cloacked in the forest areas, then lunge out and do serious dmg to heroes and stuff.

just a few ideas.. enjoy:D

Jean=A=Luc
04-07-2009, 02:48 PM
what about ents (tree people) for the elf race? like huge slow moving but extremely powerful trees that would be more of a siege unit that can use smaller trees as clubs to swipe masses of infantry or take down walls and such, but ofcourse it would be highly weak against fire attacks.

We already have those.

nickson104
04-07-2009, 03:55 PM
We already have those.

not as such, tree of war takes a different view on it and as said by reverie they wont be totally badass take down a stronghold type unit like they are in games such as LOTR, they would basically be heavily armoured siege towers...

TaTa456
04-08-2009, 09:52 AM
i had a question not on unit type suggestions but unit control. i watched the in game "unofficial" trailer i believe the december version. i noticed a couple things that confused me with the grouping or batallions of units.

lately in the newer rts games (warhammer series, c&c series, bfme series and others) they started to use a new way of producing and commanding units, where when you create or recruit 1 infantry unit from a barracks or w.e the case may be, when it comes out you have a group of soldiers. and all the soldiers are formed together into a mini battalion, which takes up more population limit and groups many men together to fight as one unit.

ive noticed many, many, many flaws in doing this in other games. some being that instead of giving each its own individual fighting styles the men usually dont fight one another unless both groups of enemy units are face to face in direct contact with another. then you run into collision errors, some units not even fighting because they dont have an enemy directly in front of them, and units that seem to be fighting the air. i really hated games that started to do this and usually choose simply not to play them. they always seemed to blocky like they had no individual A.I. it was like a wall of units moving together but not fighting together.

i saw in the video at one point where it seemed that you were using the same system but others where i could point out individual units that were performing actions on their own (like in the aoe series) can you explain how controlling and producing units happens? are they produced as a single unit but then can be combined with others to form a battalion or control group or grouping several batalions of several different individual units into control groups?

if so, will battalions be more of a way to control unit movement but in battle they return to their individual A.I. and while staying in formation effectively attack units like a battalion would in real life. instead of being able to avoid contact with another gruop of enemies simply by moving away (even if there are parts of both enemy groups that are contacting the other)

Jean=A=Luc
04-08-2009, 01:02 PM
not as such, tree of war takes a different view on it and as said by reverie they wont be totally badass take down a stronghold type unit like they are in games such as LOTR, they would basically be heavily armoured siege towers...

The only difference is that Trees of War can't throw rocks, other than that they can do everything Ents in BfME can do + they can carry units and act as a siege tower.

LiTos456
04-11-2009, 03:47 AM
I guess the carrying pays off for the rock throwing.

MrBlack103
04-11-2009, 11:39 PM
But you gotta admit, rock-throwing is kinda awesome:D

TaTa456
04-14-2009, 10:08 AM
any word on unit control from my post a few hits up?

Andy Joslin
04-14-2009, 02:13 PM
i had a question not on unit type suggestions but unit control. i watched the in game "unofficial" trailer i believe the december version. i noticed a couple things that confused me with the grouping or batallions of units.

lately in the newer rts games (warhammer series, c&c series, bfme series and others) they started to use a new way of producing and commanding units, where when you create or recruit 1 infantry unit from a barracks or w.e the case may be, when it comes out you have a group of soldiers. and all the soldiers are formed together into a mini battalion, which takes up more population limit and groups many men together to fight as one unit.

ive noticed many, many, many flaws in doing this in other games. some being that instead of giving each its own individual fighting styles the men usually dont fight one another unless both groups of enemy units are face to face in direct contact with another. then you run into collision errors, some units not even fighting because they dont have an enemy directly in front of them, and units that seem to be fighting the air. i really hated games that started to do this and usually choose simply not to play them. they always seemed to blocky like they had no individual A.I. it was like a wall of units moving together but not fighting together.

i saw in the video at one point where it seemed that you were using the same system but others where i could point out individual units that were performing actions on their own (like in the aoe series) can you explain how controlling and producing units happens? are they produced as a single unit but then can be combined with others to form a battalion or control group or grouping several batalions of several different individual units into control groups?

if so, will battalions be more of a way to control unit movement but in battle they return to their individual A.I. and while staying in formation effectively attack units like a battalion would in real life. instead of being able to avoid contact with another gruop of enemies simply by moving away (even if there are parts of both enemy groups that are contacting the other)
Each unit in a battalion is its own unit. A battalion is literally a group of units which is selected as one when clicked and moves into a formation when moved, nothing different. We had single units for all of development until late '08 when we implemented battalions.

Battalions are good in our game because it would be impossible to manage 1000-2000 units on-screen at one time without some sort of mass unit selection and management.

And again, battalion units behave just like single units except for the way they are controlled by the player. :)

TaTa456
04-14-2009, 02:21 PM
Awesome! so basically when you create or recruit a unit it comes out as a single, then creating a battalion is creating a group of many (different or the same) units together. Almost like controlling a control group (ctrl+#) in most rts games, except it will be selected as a group every time you click on any unit in this newly formed battalion. Can you add, remove, disband and re-create battalions as well?

Andy Joslin
04-14-2009, 02:55 PM
Right now you cannot add/remove/disband battalions. Also, everything is trained as a battalion.

TaTa456
04-17-2009, 08:36 PM
well if the population limit is going to be in the 1000s, then i suppose battalions do make more sense. hopefully they arent to massive of battalions, and that they actually live up to their pop size (if a battalion is created with 20 units, the pop limit gets filled up by 20 slots) some games like bfme made a battalion oversized when it came to pop limit it used up. either way im sure you guys will make this work out great.

szebus
04-20-2009, 05:01 PM
Forive me for not searching for it on the forum, but what about the hero ? will there be a main hero (this better be customizable one :p ) and some other recruitable heroes ? and is there posible to gain heroes from soldiers who are great in the battlefied ? this ofcourse 1 from 1000 soldiers.

TaTa456
04-20-2009, 07:49 PM
that be a pretty cool idea, like in some games where all units on the field (heroes and normal army units alike) gain experience and/or grow in level. eventually they become hero units or champion units or just reach their highest level of experience where they can lead units around them or give minor bonuses to units around them.

Esculas the Mighty
04-20-2009, 08:20 PM
that be a pretty cool idea, like in some games where all units on the field (heroes and normal army units alike) gain experience and/or grow in level. eventually they become hero units or champion units or just reach their highest level of experience where they can lead units around them or give minor bonuses to units around them.

i vote no experience limit to seperate the men ( stronger kingdoms ) form the boys (small towns)

nickson104
04-21-2009, 10:04 AM
i vote no experience limit to seperate the men ( stronger kingdoms ) form the boys (small towns)

mercenary style is starting to look more and more enticing all the time.... :) :p

Joseph Visscher
04-21-2009, 10:58 AM

we have not set a limit yet and I don't think we will, every unit can rank up, when it does you get to choose which skills or abilities you want to increase for that unit, heroes and units alike. I personaly like ranking up the Attack of the unit, it's chance to inflect damage on their enemies, heh if the enemy keeps geting wounded and wounded, what good is defense ;)?

nickson104
04-21-2009, 01:05 PM
we have not set a limit yet and I don't think we will, every unit can rank up, when it does you get to choose which skills or abilities you want to increase for that unit, heroes and units alike. I personaly like ranking up the Attack of the unit, it's chance to inflect damage on their enemies, heh if the enemy keeps geting wounded and wounded, what good is defense ;)?

But if they have more troops then your pretty much dead... low defense meaning they kill you fast too...

The Witch King of Angmar
04-21-2009, 02:36 PM
Also, I could see major lag issues with that kind of thing.

Esculas the Mighty
04-21-2009, 05:40 PM
But if they have more troops then your pretty much dead... low defense meaning they kill you fast too...

then u use magic

Esculas the Mighty
04-21-2009, 05:41 PM
Also, I could see major lag issues with that kind of thing.

with what super units you have seasoned over a long career of pwnage?

cause there is already a limit on how many soldiers u can field which is more then enough i say

fyro11
04-21-2009, 05:58 PM
So soldiers are valuable assets, as opposed to cannon fodder. I think this would be more befitting for MMORPG only. Maybe in the 'Random Map' or 'Skirmish' mode they would rank up faster, so as to devalue them somewhat. Well, I guess that's common sense, on second thoughts.

EDIT: Another thing is that if say a particular unit is more defensive typically (because of its faction or the particular unit type), then maybe all its stats could rise, but its defense stats would increase more as opposed to say, attack stats, or HP or range etc. I know some would argue for the opposite, saying that due to it having defense already, then its attack stats should now build up its weakness of low attack. But I think to keep that units real purpose and not to bamboozle the enemy completely, it's better that way.

TaTa456
04-21-2009, 10:14 PM
having to keep track of every individual single unit's experience and upgrading their stats will be difficult imo. just having their experience rise up thus giving them more rank or battlesense, making them stronger, smarter, faster and so on in battle. and this would go on top of additional unit upgrades (armor, pierce armor, attack damage, range, attack rate, etc) that you could research from a blacksmith or university type building (this affects all units of that type of research/upgrade) experience just makes units better fighters on top of that

Kell Aset
04-23-2009, 05:18 PM
I could suggest again something, Polish Hussars, a bit exotic because of wings ( riders scared with them enemy horses and were creating special sound) :) it was elite unit in our army in it's time.
Hussars started as a light and after some time changed to heavy cavalery.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6c/Hetman%60s_guard.PNG http://www.bestsoldiers.com/gallery_dioramastudio/29___DS_DSB1_WING%20HUSARIA%20POLSKA%20_BUST.jpg

More photos:
http://www.jest.art.pl/zbroja.html
http://www.jest.art.pl/skrzydla.html

OrcSlayer
04-26-2009, 02:52 AM
oringinaly posted by Konstantin Fomenko]
So - Elven player can use Sorcerers invisibility ability, approach walls - plant a climbable plant to get on top of the walls. .

why not have a plant like that only instead of being climable it slowly damages the enemys wall
sorry the quote didn't work

Esculas the Mighty
04-26-2009, 11:51 AM
oringinaly posted by Konstantin Fomenko]
So - Elven player can use Sorcerers invisibility ability, approach walls - plant a climbable plant to get on top of the walls. .

why not have a plant like that only instead of being climable it slowly damages the enemys wall
sorry the quote didn't work

sabotage is sexy

Kell Aset
05-05-2009, 09:38 AM
I was off for a little and now I see no comments about my humble "suggesion" hmn ? not that I really thought such units will be really under consideration for some reasons. Hmn perhaps because it was rather unit exclusive to my country but ah well, nobody wrote even something like " wow I didnt know there was cavalery with wings :eek: " heh so I am suprised, a little :) .

Asatru
05-27-2009, 07:53 AM
Id like to see a ' Ancient Treant '

Its a little bigger, a little slower then your normal 1's but good for Castle defends ( able to pick up stuff from the ground and throw it against the enemy ? )

Or a unit that's able to regrow tree's in a barren area so elf's can use that.

Or maybe a dragon rider for the elves / human / orcs, which could be like a flying super unit

I know not the most briljant idea's but who know's :P

Mrdash
05-28-2009, 01:57 PM
Ya no "Super Weapons" please. However fun a unit that can take on an army may be its very anoying and takes away a load of stategy.

OrcSlayer
05-28-2009, 02:28 PM
there is a tree of war it can latch on to walls to allow elven troops on the walls and the dragons are proud creatures they wouldn't dream of being riden by an elf let let alone a vile, disgusting orc
but it would be cool and to balance dragons underbelly is their weakness and the archers are just below it

Darathor
06-30-2009, 07:15 PM
Maybe the humans could have an elite-ish archer that would be sorta like a hunter/ranger type guy that would have the hide ability like elves and also have like a little more health than the normal archer but cost a bit more.

OrcSlayer
07-01-2009, 02:14 AM
Mabye a ranger hero who can hide a few units for an ambush

Aametherar
07-01-2009, 08:40 AM
Maybe the humans could have an elite-ish archer that would be sorta like a hunter/ranger type guy that would have the hide ability like elves and also have like a little more health than the normal archer but cost a bit more.

Maybe orcs could have an assassin with hide and sneak ability that can also back stab hidden elves for an instant kill :D

Andy Joslin
07-01-2009, 01:13 PM
Some of these units would take me mere minutes to make (that means you, too - the tools us devs use are almost the same as modders will use, minus the source code of course).

Kire
07-01-2009, 02:54 PM
What about dragon (/monster) hunters as mercenaries, i know there wont be dragons but it can still be there for their strenght and skill (+ they can have some siege equipment changed for fighting bigger monsters, atm not dragons but trolls, siege trees from elves etc... like they are anti living siege units).
Sorry if this was posted before, i tried to look all previous threads.

hasdrubal
08-11-2009, 08:10 AM
ideas for units

orcs imp, goblin, orc, ogre, and troll mounts lizard and wyvern
elves gnome,sprite, dwarf, elf, giant mounts pony and eagle
humans serf, warrior, beserker, priest, mounts stallion and balloon
mages guild mage, wizard, warlock, elder, summon. elemental

also some other non player monsters and units would be cool spread around the enviorment. vampires, titans, wildmen, antronarch,

u need some massive bosses like titans or summons