PDA

View Full Version : Changes to sieging NPC's

GPS51
10-25-2011, 02:07 PM
I'd like to see a peasant army spawn after say 20 minutes to provide aditional challenges when sieging and to bring a realistic flavor to the game. Also I'd like to see each of the minor/major NPC towns of the same realm send reinforcements to the battle when I'm sieging an NPC. You could make different types of troop makeups for each town IE spears or achers or swords led by a few cav to represent nobles from a minor NPC leading the garrsion in support.

Dreamwalker
10-25-2011, 04:30 PM
Sounds good, except for the reinforcements. From nearby towns, sure, but from the other side of the realm...I don't know...

Still, good idea :D

Sunleader
10-25-2011, 04:44 PM
I.ll give it good vote
but I am against the Peasant part
Peasants taking up Arms wont use anything and wont be logical

What I like is the Idea of Surrounding Citys sending Reinforcements
Putting that as reason it would be a nice asset to say that some waves of Reinforcements will join if you did not Complete the Conquest within certain time

Especially in the Bigger Citys

Finally in Realism the City Walls were not Build to actually Fight off an Full Army bought there for Siege since the Army Attacking wont Attack unless they know they can take the Army within the Walls down
means no matter how sturdy the walls they will just Siege and let the Hunger do the rest
while Bombarding the City from afar

City Walls where Build to buy enough time for Reinforcements to arrive
and I think if a Player takes to long those Reinforcements should arrive

Greetz