PDA

View Full Version : How's the game?

TheUnknownX
10-22-2011, 01:13 PM
I played for a while during beta. Apparently the game is no longer in beta.

Graphics used to be very buggy and ugly and framerate was horrible.

Combat didn't usually work. My soldiers just didn't always feel like attacking and instead walked against enemy while getting hit. Soldiers often got stuck on ground.

Are these two problems fixed?

Also, WHYYYY can't I build buildings and walls where ever I want instead of ****** predetermined lots. Who ever came up with that idea should get slapped XD.

GPS51
10-22-2011, 01:18 PM
Then I suggest you forget about ever hearing about the game :P

andreicde
10-22-2011, 01:30 PM
I played for a while during beta. Apparently the game is no longer in beta.

Graphics used to be very buggy and ugly and framerate was horrible.

Combat didn't usually work. My soldiers just didn't always feel like attacking and instead walked against enemy while getting hit. Soldiers often got stuck on ground.

Are these two problems fixed?

Also, WHYYYY can't I build buildings and walls where ever I want instead of ****** predetermined lots. Who ever came up with that idea should get slapped XD.

because only orcs can build where they want.that's how it's designed.

chanman20
10-23-2011, 12:08 PM
Then I suggest you forget about ever hearing about the game :P

lol true true

CrazyWolf
10-24-2011, 12:54 AM
This game is a HUGE let down. I wish I didn't buy it. You can not build your own fortress, the game does it for you. The only thing you can really do is build units, do buggy quests/pvp, and watch the game build for you. Complete let down. I can't place my buildings, walls, and etc. I just log in to see how my 2nd set of walls is going and then log off. So damn boring it is unbelievable. I have a decent laptop that runs almost everything on High settings but this games is buggy as hell and even on low it lags. Don't waste your money. I got drawn in by the 'hype', but the videos did not show the complete lack of customization. If I wanted the game to build my own castle for me, it should pay the 30$ for me too. Complete and utter let down. I can't wait for diablo3 and SWTOR.

I have only played elfs and online. I do not want to play the other races or the single player at all now because online is so terribly boring.

Jarno Montonen
10-24-2011, 03:29 AM
Being able to customize the walls too much would be hugely problematic as players could build simply unpassable chokepoints that wouldn't work in a real castle that these cities try to resemble but would make the city invincible in the game. It would be hugely complicated to put in rules to prevent all of that so we opted not to do it. If you wish to place your buildings, play orcs, they can do it. Elves and men are designed to be different.

Nimiria
10-24-2011, 04:05 AM
Well how is the game?

It was released to early. It still has much bugs, even some that force you to rebuild your city after they patched them (for future cities).

And the performance is very bad. I have a really good computer, but this game runs bad even in low settings. Specially when you try to level up a bit and gain some gold when you hunt some randoms in the world map. There its.. very lagging.

But I still think the game has potential and can be much fun. So I hope they will do som good things about the performance and the bugs and then there will be much fun :)

So wait a bit, then ask again. Right now I can´t say that I would suggest to bye it to someone. But they work on it and that gives good hope for the nead - middle future :)

andreicde
10-24-2011, 07:43 AM
This game is a HUGE let down. I wish I didn't buy it. You can not build your own fortress, the game does it for you. The only thing you can really do is build units, do buggy quests/pvp, and watch the game build for you. Complete let down. I can't place my buildings, walls, and etc. I just log in to see how my 2nd set of walls is going and then log off. So damn boring it is unbelievable. I have a decent laptop that runs almost everything on High settings but this games is buggy as hell and even on low it lags. Don't waste your money. I got drawn in by the 'hype', but the videos did not show the complete lack of customization. If I wanted the game to build my own castle for me, it should pay the 30$ for me too. Complete and utter let down. I can't wait for diablo3 and SWTOR.

I have only played elfs and online. I do not want to play the other races or the single player at all now because online is so terribly boring.

nope you don't have a decent leptop.I have a 800 dollars just bought leptop and game works fine on it.

eddieg501
10-24-2011, 10:07 AM
nope you don't have a decent leptop.I have a 800 dollars just bought leptop and game works fine on it.

Than you are the exception to the rule, because people with powerfull computers are haveing all kinds of problems, apparantly the developers have admitted that there are problems with optimizing dual core computers and they are working on it, but even quad core are having problems. I am sure they will improve this but how long it will take is anyones guess

Dreamwalker
10-24-2011, 05:05 PM
How is the game?

That's the question, isn't it?

I'm sorry, but right now, I have to agree that the game is extremely buggy. But not nearly as buggy as it was before, and the bugs are getting fixed all the time.

Yeah, no, you can't put buildings where ever you want unless you're orcs. And CrazyWolf, there might not be tons of customization, but so what? The game might be a let down now, but it will get better, not only when the bugs are gone, but when new content is added. Like hero customization, and maybe new races.

So I wouldn't tell anybody to buy it now. But in not too long, when the game is polished up and new stuff is being added...it will be awsome. :cool:

andreicde
10-24-2011, 06:21 PM
Than you are the exception to the rule, because people with powerfull computers are haveing all kinds of problems, apparantly the developers have admitted that there are problems with optimizing dual core computers and they are working on it, but even quad core are having problems. I am sure they will improve this but how long it will take is anyones guess

I believe it has something to do with the windows.I use a leptop with windows 7 family 64 bit one.

CrazyWolf
10-24-2011, 06:28 PM

Ya i guess a :
PROCESSOR IntelŽ Core™ i7-2670QM processor 2.20 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 3.10 GHz
VIDEO CARD NVIDIAŽ GeForceŽ GT 555M 1GB graphics with Optimus

doesn't count as decent anymore.

I agree with you Dreamwalker, there is potential, but the game is playing itself for me. Not fun.

Also asking me to play a specific race is poor advice. I wanted to play elfs, not orcs or humans. Your basically asking me to get rid of all 2weeks of "work" aka watching the game build for me, to roll a new race. In this case there should have just been one race, the orcs.

Also I am still stuck on a quest I have already reported that I can not complete. So all that is left for me is PvPing and watching my walls go up. It doesn't make me want to log in anymore. The only thing you can customize is the name of your city, which is not fun imo.

There are soooo many awesome RTS games out there that could have been a template for this game where you have complete control for what you want to build, where, how to set up your defenses, and etc and do not have problems with invincible defenses. I think that is a misconception because other games have found ways around it. With Elfs you get a handful of buildings and that is it. I've build 3 alchemy labs just out of boredom because there is nothing left. I hope more things open up after my citadel upgrade is finished...

andreicde
10-24-2011, 08:22 PM
Ya i guess a :
PROCESSOR IntelŽ Core™ i7-2670QM processor 2.20 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 3.10 GHz
VIDEO CARD NVIDIAŽ GeForceŽ GT 555M 1GB graphics with Optimus

doesn't count as decent anymore.

I agree with you Dreamwalker, there is potential, but the game is playing itself for me. Not fun.

Also asking me to play a specific race is poor advice. I wanted to play elfs, not orcs or humans. Your basically asking me to get rid of all 2weeks of "work" aka watching the game build for me, to roll a new race. In this case there should have just been one race, the orcs.

Also I am still stuck on a quest I have already reported that I can not complete. So all that is left for me is PvPing and watching my walls go up. It doesn't make me want to log in anymore. The only thing you can customize is the name of your city, which is not fun imo.

There are soooo many awesome RTS games out there that could have been a template for this game where you have complete control for what you want to build, where, how to set up your defenses, and etc and do not have problems with invincible defenses. I think that is a misconception because other games have found ways around it. With Elfs you get a handful of buildings and that is it. I've build 3 alchemy labs just out of boredom because there is nothing left. I hope more things open up after my citadel upgrade is finished...

Um you're asking something different than what it was designed. I play elves too yet I don't mind that there are few buildings because that's how the race got designed.You want more buildings?Play human or orc.You want free building?orcs go there.

You can't ask to build anything where you want because elves are supposed to build in trees only and have most of their upgrades to their actual buildings while human/orcs have less.Also the fact each race has a different building way is unique to each race.So if you want freedom,then pick the convenient race but don't ask the devs to ruin the unique way for 2 races because you don't feel like like having few buildings or total freedom to build

chanman20
10-24-2011, 09:36 PM
Um you're asking something different than what it was designed. I play elves too yet I don't mind that there are few buildings because that's how the race got designed.You want more buildings?Play human or orc.You want free building?orcs go there.

You can't ask to build anything where you want because elves are supposed to build in trees only and have most of their upgrades to their actual buildings while human/orcs have less.Also the fact each race has a different building way is unique to each race.So if you want freedom,then pick the convenient race but don't ask the devs to ruin the unique way for 2 races because you don't feel like like having few buildings or total freedom to build

QFT btw ark i never see you ingame anymore well i guess thats mainly cause i can't play as much as i use to

andreicde
10-25-2011, 06:37 AM
QFT btw ark i never see you ingame anymore well i guess thats mainly cause i can't play as much as i use to

yeah college keeps me busy most of my time.

arramar
10-25-2011, 07:39 AM
Wealth in the game you need to purchase. Im not generating it i.e. the crowns so I assume you buy from market.) I have been on the market clicked the correct tab but it says that the purchase of the wealth (upto 120 per day) is unavaialble?

Putting here because its now stopping me developing my little group of orcs.
Upto now I am enjoying game but have not met any other players....has yet!
Maybe its because I'm playing orcs?

CrazyWolf
10-25-2011, 12:43 PM

That's like saying you should eat a polished turd, just because it was designed to sparkle. But it is still a turd. Elfs are not fun. I can ask to build wherever I want because I COULD have the option of placing trees wherever, but it is not in their design goals yet. Elfs are suppose to work with nature, why can't they grow a simple tree? It is a matter of opinion and you do not have to act offended because I see this game differently than you do.

Also what do you do with all the funds you have left over when you have built everything? You get infinite gold and resources just be dragging your hero's slow ass to a few cities for trading which breaks the entire economy of my town imo. I don't even need an economy with a little trading. Build more Unicorns? How many do you want?

Aslo I am not asking the dev ruining anything. If your content with have limited building options, limited unit options....mounted vs walking, limited quest options, even limiting my interaction with the community (where are all the pretty player driven cities to look at and wish I could conquer?), then good for you. I am glad you are enjoying the game. I, however, am not. I know this game just launched and they will add new content and features. I know they are following all the threads and take our input into consideration for future development.

I see a lot of effort put into the game and a lot of nice Devs out there, but they want my opinion and that is the game is not fun, especially for me wanting to play Elfs.

FYI I can ask whatever I want. I payed for the game, they deserve my input. It is not unique, it is limiting.

Magicmud83
10-25-2011, 12:44 PM
Wealth in the game you need to purchase. Im not generating it i.e. the crowns so I assume you buy from market.) I have been on the market clicked the correct tab but it says that the purchase of the wealth (upto 120 per day) is unavaialble?

Putting here because its now stopping me developing my little group of orcs.
Upto now I am enjoying game but have not met any other players....has yet!
Maybe its because I'm playing orcs?

No we don't get to "meet" other players unless in PvP but you cant even control who you get really. Theres always the chat box I guess.

GPS51
10-25-2011, 01:34 PM
True atm. Visiting other players towns is on the cards and will hopefully be implemented within the next 6 weeks :)

chanman20
10-25-2011, 02:53 PM
That's like saying you should eat a polished turd, just because it was designed to sparkle. But it is still a turd. Elfs are not fun. I can ask to build wherever I want because I COULD have the option of placing trees wherever, but it is not in their design goals yet. Elfs are suppose to work with nature, why can't they grow a simple tree? It is a matter of opinion and you do not have to act offended because I see this game differently than you do.

Also what do you do with all the funds you have left over when you have built everything? You get infinite gold and resources just be dragging your hero's slow ass to a few cities for trading which breaks the entire economy of my town imo. I don't even need an economy with a little trading. Build more Unicorns? How many do you want?

Aslo I am not asking the dev ruining anything. If your content with have limited building options, limited unit options....mounted vs walking, limited quest options, even limiting my interaction with the community (where are all the pretty player driven cities to look at and wish I could conquer?), then good for you. I am glad you are enjoying the game. I, however, am not. I know this game just launched and they will add new content and features. I know they are following all the threads and take our input into consideration for future development.

I see a lot of effort put into the game and a lot of nice Devs out there, but they want my opinion and that is the game is not fun, especially for me wanting to play Elfs.

FYI I can ask whatever I want. I payed for the game, they deserve my input. It is not unique, it is limiting.

and how are elfs not fun wtf are you talking about i love playing mine and i got the game the first day it came out.. also if they add city's to the map then it will just lag everyone... not to say they would have to make the map bigger and add more city's as some would be far away...

andreicde
10-25-2011, 05:30 PM
I agree here too chan. Some things people are asking would either require a crazy upgrade for the computer or would be horrible.Seeing all towns of the players would be bad since it would be tons of tiny flags all over the map. As for making maps even bigger would take a huge amount of work and probably a better computer too to handle the graphics.And to crazywolf I played elves since 1 day before game got released in stores and I enjoy them them so much that I only tried orcs a bit and didn't even bothered with humans.

chanman20
10-26-2011, 12:14 AM
yeah ark i hear ya i would like for them to fix the game over stuff like this

and CrazyWolf you may not be happy with the game but im pretty sure 95% of the players are... if you wanted a better game you should of waited about a month to buy the game