PDA

View Full Version : What bugs should we work on?

Konstantin Fomenko
10-19-2011, 03:41 PM
Dear Players,

We wanted to follow up on the discussion in the Patch 1.0.8 post (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4737) and work out priority of bug fixing vs new content. From where we sit we can`t always judge best what bug fixes to prioritize, so we would love to hear from you.

Please list the issues that are the most annoying for you at the moment. Or perhaps you would like us to concentrate on bringing you the new content like Army vs Town or Alliances first.

In our next few patches we`ll try to concentrate on the issues you list in this post.

We greatly appreciate your feedback! And just one request - it would really help if you would link to the other posts with detailed bug reports. Also - lets keep this realistic:)

On our end once you have provided sufficient feedback - we`ll reply with our patching plan for the next couple of weeks including as many of you requests as possible.

Reverie Team

White935
10-19-2011, 03:44 PM
personally?

two annoying bugs for me (admittingly people who has "town" issues probably got it worst).

City names Sticks on screens, and keeps adding themselves til your entire screen is filled with em. (i've had like 8x sets of city names spread over my screen).

Endless search: sometimes when you search for PvP you just get stuck searching. endless.

Dalizon
10-19-2011, 03:47 PM
Well the most annoying thing is the PvP, its laggy as all hell can imagine and people still out of sync a lot. Even past the out of sync patch, which only really fixed 20% of it, if were lucky to even fight a fight there are a few things that can happen, the most common and most annoying is the lag, most battles you cant even really command your troops due to the excessive lag. Another thing I have seen come up is when you enter the battle the screen goes black, you can still fight via the mini map, but I know this came up for me. Also the AI when you cant find a player does not seem to even work. The PvP lag and misc issues are the main thing right now I would say.

Aside from that, buildings not building unless your logged in to watch it, people cant log off and have their town build.

Camps as well, unless I am mistaken, camps are supposed to generate materials like the city, at a constant pace while offline, I have not seen this, they forget their job as well as any materials in the camp prior to logging off are all deleted.

There is a new bug I found, its not very important but the flags in Southmont when moving troops, if your selecting on the upper part, were the main keep is, the flag will be waaaay off the target.

There always more smaller bugs around, but those are the ones that stand out the most to me.

Faded
10-19-2011, 03:52 PM
It's a small bug, but the gatehouse fix.

Nothing else has annoyed me as much :)

Dalizon
10-19-2011, 03:54 PM
It's a small bug, but the gatehouse fix.

Nothing else has annoyed me as much :)

Come on now, you'll make me seem like a monster for having such a massive reply.

andreicde
10-19-2011, 04:04 PM
one of the very annoying bugs I found while pvp-ing was that sometimes when you select a unit,the description of that unit will get stuck so even if you select other targets you can't your own troops abilities when that happens . That's very annoying.

another tiny bug which hopefully wouldn't take long would be my dragons bug.he needs millions of exp to level. But this isn't too important.

And a bug which is quite annoying is that archers put into towers don't always stay there.sometimes you find them near the tower and that can be quite frustrating when you deal with a full city.

Dreamwalker
10-19-2011, 04:09 PM
Well, since I still don't have the game :o, I can't name particular bugs.

But, I will definitely say that bug-fixing should come before new content. I mean, what's the point of adding new stuff if the old stuff still dosen't work?

My (unhelpful, I know) two cents. ;)

Defilus
10-19-2011, 04:19 PM
- Orc gatherers going to the north point of the map.

- Gatherers who stop gathering, and resource stop while offline.

- Goblin Raider to Goblin Prowler switch not saving, making it hard for me to make a good army of Prowlers.

- Countless of PvP bugs/crashes when the army size in the battle is big.

Magicmud83
10-19-2011, 04:37 PM
1# Fix the pvp lag as best as possible alot of the time we cant click or give orders to our troops.
2# Endless PvP searching.
3# Orcs. Just about the entire Orc race and its building, workers, and wargs is full of bugs.
4# Human workers going idle every 10-20mins.
5# Failed pvp matching cause town names all over screen.
6# When leaving the view mode in Orc lands 1/3 of the time it gets stuck on the loading screen.

Once these core gameplay issues are out of the way most of the people will be able to enjoy the game while the less widespread bugs are stomped.

ThatguyAds1298
10-19-2011, 04:37 PM
Ok ill try and help out with your battle plan for tackling the bugs and features :)

To start i myself would recommend this order of implementation and focus >

1) Bugs and Issues

These seem to be the 'big' things at the moment that people want sorting so i put bugs and issues as the first port of call as my suggestion, The main things i would like to be focused on first in regard to bugs since you asked are the following :

-Building time fixed, Buildings are getting stuck at 58 minutes construction time when people log on, but to be fair on you guys you have replied in http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4730 and are aware of it, So i wont go in to it to much. :)

-Over population limit for orcs, While not particulary urgent.. it seems the spawn for orcs que's when your offline, Especially wargs and you end up with population over the cap, My orc swamp town has about 10 goblin huts and last i checked i was at 129 / 90 population. Info here : http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4474&page=2

-Lost Armies, This hasnt personally happened to me however i know a few who it has happened to and it can be pretty frustrating if you lose a dragon this way. If its been fixed i apologise but i thought it worth a mention. http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4605

-Dragons, When they die its a big loss and for someone who spent 50+ influence its a big blow to them, I think they should respawn at the players town or some sort of 'Insurance' feature for them implemented if possible. I know i know... 'its the risk of pvp' and no i dont own a dragon. However with influence being a little more valuable now with the recent increases in research costs i think something needs to be done to protect our dragons. As for their strength the fireball deadly, but they are a bit squishy and die easily.

-A search pvp cancel button, Dont need to go into detail with this :D I will say however being stuck searching is awful and a cancel button or improved 'no targets found' feature would really help us out.

2) PvP Stability

Second is the pvp stability, I dont know if anything can be done to reduce the chances of 'unable to connect' or sync issues but i will say for me the pvp is a LOT better then it was so i thank you for the work youve done on it so far. if theres any more imrpovements you can make that would be excellent especially before sieges and alliances

3) Balance

Third is the balance of factions, Now you can never 'perfectly' balance things in games i know this very well, However i think the orc race mainly could use some of its units getting looked at. I personally think they could all use a buff ranging from minor to major power wise (Except ogres). I know you guys very busy though so main units i think need some love are the orc Impaler and the orc Slayer. Through extensive player testing goblins are the only true orc units that do what orcs are supposed to do, Swarm with numbers.

Additionally though, i mean balance is a terror it truly is it can never be perfect so id like to just see all military units be 'useful' in some way in an army. it seems a waste of a unit if someone has a mixed army but doesnt include a unit because it is inferior or just not useful. I also really think removing healing from units altogether would be a good start and build from there. (With attention on orcs first as without some of their units heals they would be even worse sadly, ie Beserker)

4) Alliances

I would like to see alliances in before town sieges myself, I dont speak for everyone but some of us would love to join up with our allies. As for alliances before sieges well its a fun factor for me id rather have a social experience as well as a game teaming with friends promotes this.

5) Town sieges

Really looking forward to this feature, but again id prefer alliances and good balance patching first.

6) Guilds

*drools* Last but not least, Guilds! would love this feature so much but its the last priority on my list as it is a big feature and wil take a while to put in a reckon.

Thats my personal want, for the order of things to be done anyway, hope it helps guys.

Konstantin Fomenko
10-19-2011, 04:42 PM
Awesome feedback! Ok I`m starting to sort this, keep these suggestions coming guys, hopefully we`ll be able to finalize and publisher our patching plan tomorrow.

GPS51
10-19-2011, 04:50 PM
1. I'd have to say troubles with building timers (key to dof start ups)
2. Villager problems. Atm all my HC's have either "always idle showing vills" or vills who migrate underground/offscreen and can't be tasked.
3. PVP lag. Most notable when using gobos but it's brutal/unplayable/
4. Last remaining cloning/disappearing armies(I lost a royal dragon the other day by simply logging in/out.)
5. New content for alliances/guilds/visiting towns/crafting. (note the crafting :D :D)

ObscuredUSA
10-19-2011, 04:57 PM
You should work on them all. :D

However, the most annoying issues to me are all the home town bugs. I've already expressed my concern about this in my "Technical Help" thread. I strongly recommend that you fix most of the bugs right now before you release new content. New content is only going to bring more and more bugs. You'll be swimming in bugs. =D

Safey18
10-19-2011, 07:36 PM
Dragons freezing. Could use some help here:
http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?p=64789#post64789

Novakiller
10-19-2011, 09:53 PM
1) Dragons, as thats what most people seem to be anoyed about
2) wall and gatehouse fixes, as mines still messed up
3) As mentioned before PVP stability, there are still quite a lot of OOS and crashing in PVP still
4) Any of the hometown bugs, especially if you plan on releasing the hometown sieges soon, THESE are important to get ironed out first i think.

RedXSol
10-19-2011, 11:33 PM
Here just few that get to me.

1# Buildings getting stuck at 58 min's and your city not building offline.

2# Not collecting resources offline, so for people building walls, they log out login and nothing has built.

3# This one for some reason really got to me. When selecting a Unit and I click a location for where I want it to move, its seems to send the Unit around 3-4cm away from the location I selected, E.g. I select my hero send him to the front of town hall he walks behind it.

4# Not sure if this is a bug or not, units will stop attacking a unit soon as its out of firing range, or that unit which was select has killed that 1 guy,most time I have to run my hole army throw the enemy in order to get them to attack. In my mind soon as you have selected a unit to attack, the unit your using to attack with should always attack until that unit is dead we shouldn't have to keep clicking it to move and attack.

karamot
10-20-2011, 12:53 AM
i really appreciate this konstantine
u know im critics about your works, but i have to be honest, i appreciate this topic...

as u can see, all us principally want focus on pvp issues (lag, endless search, name sticked on screen)
i think these 3 have priority on all

to add something more personal, ork workers and some building dont work good, to be specific, warg hut have problem with production and goblin tent dont remember production choice

ty about and waiting progresses...

Ducard
10-20-2011, 03:47 AM
1# Fix the pvp lag
2# Endless PvP searching.
3# Formations should remain on units when you leave home town. Sometimes I crash when I change the formation on a dozend unit at once
4# Ressource gathering not working when offline
5# Human workers going idle every 10-20mins.
6# Better Blalance so we are forced to use mixed armies.
7# Better control of units like in Total war series
8# Better AI for more challenge

I copy pasted a couple of bugs from Magicmud and added new ones.

In general I would say you always fix bugs first, then work on game balance and then add new content and rinse and repeat

nuraiel
10-20-2011, 06:59 AM
- Fix the wall/gatehouse (seems to be a persistent little bugger)

- Fix the resources bug, where your town cuts your resources to a max of your unmodified storage capacitys if you go offline

----

- Add Guilds/alliance functionality or anything else that allows players to interact with each other instead of beside each other

- Add a possibility to set the unit facing, eg. hold the right mouse button after a move order to change the facing of the unit(s)

- Small thing, every formation has infos about the changes it causes in the unit - any chance we could get some hard values for the effects of different towers and walls, as well as hoardings?

- Speaking of which, make hoardings selectable so we can remove them, just add them to the" worker subgroup" so you can still select units under them by drawing a lasso.

Safey18
10-20-2011, 07:23 AM
6# Better Blalance so we are forced to use mixed armies.
8# Better AI for more challenge

#6 Mixed armies are already the strongest kind
#8 Have you tried to siege a large NPC city lately? They take a long time to successfully complete and are challenging.

Jean=A=Luc
10-20-2011, 09:48 AM
I'd say that lag/performance are the main issues atm.

eddieg501
10-20-2011, 09:50 AM
Get rid of those damn flickering shadows , allow us to turn the shadows on and off. I thought when we were off line our builders continued to build apparently that is not the case, that needs to be addressed right away and of course the extreme lag. It also takes a long time to gather resorces, it is almost like the game is telling you to log on , do a quest or buy some merc or goods and task your workers and come back in 10 hours and do the same things, in short the gathering process needs to be speeded up, thanks

Safey18
10-20-2011, 10:06 AM
Get rid of those damn flickering shadows , allow us to turn the shadows on and off. I thought when we were off line our builders continued to build apparently that is not the case, that needs to be addressed right away and of course the extreme lag. thanks

Lol your from MMORPG.com I'm RelytDnegel over there xD. But yes shadows need to be addressed although I don't find the building too bad in that I had all my buildings done in 2 days so its only annoying for a short period of time. Lag in PvP will take a long time to fix I would imagine as it is a pretty huge issue and hard to fix ;)

eddieg501
10-20-2011, 10:13 AM
Lol your from MMORPG.com I'm RelytDnegel over there xD. But yes shadows need to be addressed although I don't find the building too bad in that I had all my buildings done in 2 days so its only annoying for a short period of time. Lag in PvP will take a long time to fix I would imagine as it is a pretty huge issue and hard to fix ;)

yes those shadows remind me of that damn flickering ball they used to have in the disco days, I could put up with poyester pants but not that flickering ball LOL

Nimiria
10-20-2011, 10:25 AM
I think most priority should be given to bugs that need to remake a city.

I have one of those and must make it new now so I hope it is fixed.

That should be most important. All other things, that can be changed with still having a 100 % working town after this, can be done after those.

And I think it is really important to concentrate to bugfixing first and then release new stuff.

:)

Onomas
10-20-2011, 11:08 AM
Original Base Building Approach

Each player’s Stronghold features hundreds of buildings that look and behave like a City-Simulation game, but without any micro-management, giving the player more time to spend on the battlefield. In addition each race offers a different approach to building strongholds - the Elves build high up in their great trees, Men build on organized plots, and Orcs build anywhere within their homeland region.

Stunning Siege Combat

User-friendly Siege-oriented gameplay adds a whole new dimension to the battlefield as you ram the enemy gate, scale the walls, and place automated defensive systems, such as: stone tippers, boiling oil, and wall-mounted catapults.

Complex Economic Model with Corpse Looting

Combines the complexity of nearly a dozen gathering possibilities, different for each race, with automated simplicity, allowing players the options to micromanage their economy, or leave it to run itself in times of war.

From the "features" page. These 3 need fixed and worked on. Cities not building and stuck is a major issue for me. Peasants not working or being stuck is just as bad. Fix the cities and economy ;-)

Things i would like to see:

Also would be nice to allow us to build our castle walls where and how we want. Making choke points, kill zones, and double up on defenses in a unsecure area.

Would like to see a feature that allows "filling in" water areas to bypass walls, fill in moats.

Make this more like a castle sim would be fun. Give us an opportunity to create our own city from the ground up, not have set areas ( i think orcs can do this?). I know pvp is such a huge thing for many here, as it is for me. I like pvp, but i also like the other things and dont want just another build an army and smash it into another.But would like pve aspect to be expanded.

This is a feature i would like to see very much:
As a Total War fan and been playing their series since Shogun 1. I would like formations to be added. And allow us to use more than a handful of units. But click the entire army and be able to set up formations. Example Infantry in front, archer in middle with siege, spear on the sides for flanking, and calv off to the side ready to move down the map. As an example, i hope someone understand what im talking about lol.

Larger maps also would be nice to give more contro of strategy, setting up defense locations, etc... These maps are small. Cavalry army can be on top of you in seconds.

andreicde
10-20-2011, 05:23 PM
From the "features" page. These 3 need fixed and worked on. Cities not building and stuck is a major issue for me. Peasants not working or being stuck is just as bad. Fix the cities and economy ;-)

Things i would like to see:

Also would be nice to allow us to build our castle walls where and how we want. Making choke points, kill zones, and double up on defenses in a unsecure area.

Would like to see a feature that allows "filling in" water areas to bypass walls, fill in moats.

Make this more like a castle sim would be fun. Give us an opportunity to create our own city from the ground up, not have set areas ( i think orcs can do this?). I know pvp is such a huge thing for many here, as it is for me. I like pvp, but i also like the other things and dont want just another build an army and smash it into another.But would like pve aspect to be expanded.

This is a feature i would like to see very much:
As a Total War fan and been playing their series since Shogun 1. I would like formations to be added. And allow us to use more than a handful of units. But click the entire army and be able to set up formations. Example Infantry in front, archer in middle with siege, spear on the sides for flanking, and calv off to the side ready to move down the map. As an example, i hope someone understand what im talking about lol.

Larger maps also would be nice to give more contro of strategy, setting up defense location go for s, tc... These maps are small. Cavalry army can be on top of you in seconds.

Large maps would actually produce more lag.They'd have to change the graphic of the game completly for that

Konstantin Fomenko
10-20-2011, 05:27 PM
Hey guys - ok we are trying to squeeze in as much of this as possible into the next patch - ETA tomorrow night. Should be a good one, from big stuff you requests, to little things - like that Straircases in the middle of some strongholds.

The one issue that will take a while - is PvP lag. This happens course one of the players has a weak dual core PC, or perhaps Win XP PC - both have an extreme lag bug when it comes to pahtfinding. We are debating a temporary solution. When you task a bunch of battalions - the game will wait 2 seconds before tasking next battalion. We`ll see if we can restrict this to PvP only.

Thanks for the feedback!!!

BrandungsFels
10-21-2011, 04:42 AM
the issues which annoy me most in short:

- grouping and on battlefield controlling
- peasants forgetting their jobs
- perhaps something to remind me to carry stones when laying siege or at least some workers :D

-Fels

Pargulan
10-21-2011, 06:53 AM
Hey Konstantin!

As for me, I stopped playing at the patch where you "changed the armor-system". It makes Dragons completely useless. They are supposed to be melee and cost a lot of wealth, but get killed by standard-archers in no time. PLUS since u changed something with the armor-thingie i'm not able to "run over" enemy troops with my dragon anymore because for every single unit the dragon kills he gets 100 dmg. Now, if u run over a squad of 30 lets say "slayers" your dragon is almost dead BUT then he gets shot by some archers ... great ( btw. i lost a royal dragon that way ^^ )

in addition, one of the most annoying things for me was, that the "goblin-huts" always resetted their spawning to melee instead of archers.

and .. the worst part of all .. the balancing of elvish troops compared to especially orcish.
Orcs are said to be "strong warriors" but in fact each and every single unit of them is off any use. I got an army with about 10-13 ogres, about 10-13 wargen-impalers and the rest marauder/gobo-archers ( armystrength 940+ ) and got completely destroyed by ONLY mounted Grandmasters ( armystrength 820 ). And that took the fun out of it. I cant "defend" as good as humans with sone-walls, My troops get killed by elves in no time, dragons get killed if they run over troops but are supposed to be melee .. well thats why i quit playing.

I may be starting if some balancings are done again, but right now i just dont consider it to be fun.

( sry for my bad english, hope u get the point of what im trying to say :D )

Cheers
Pargulan

andreicde
10-21-2011, 07:22 AM
Hey Konstantin!

As for me, I stopped playing at the patch where you "changed the armor-system". It makes Dragons completely useless. They are supposed to be melee and cost a lot of wealth, but get killed by standard-archers in no time. PLUS since u changed something with the armor-thingie i'm not able to "run over" enemy troops with my dragon anymore because for every single unit the dragon kills he gets 100 dmg. Now, if u run over a squad of 30 lets say "slayers" your dragon is almost dead BUT then he gets shot by some archers ... great ( btw. i lost a royal dragon that way ^^ )

in addition, one of the most annoying things for me was, that the "goblin-huts" always resetted their spawning to melee instead of archers.

and .. the worst part of all .. the balancing of elvish troops compared to especially orcish.
Orcs are said to be "strong warriors" but in fact each and every single unit of them is off any use. I got an army with about 10-13 ogres, about 10-13 wargen-impalers and the rest marauder/gobo-archers ( armystrength 940+ ) and got completely destroyed by ONLY mounted Grandmasters ( armystrength 820 ). And that took the fun out of it. I cant "defend" as good as humans with sone-walls, My troops get killed by elves in no time, dragons get killed if they run over troops but are supposed to be melee .. well thats why i quit playing.

I may be starting if some balancings are done again, but right now i just dont consider it to be fun. t

Cheers
Pargulan

that means you don'e know how to use your units.I nearly got my MGM killed yestoday when I got attacked by a swamp orc with full prowlers/raiders. Also right now impalers are the weakest unit in game,it has nothing to do with MGM killing them.The dragon change was good too because it balanced the other troops and the dragon will be amazing when they will make him revive

White935
10-21-2011, 09:54 AM
that means you don'e know how to use your units.I nearly got my MGM killed yestoday when I got attacked by a swamp orc with full prowlers/raiders. Also right now impalers are the weakest unit in game,it has nothing to do with MGM killing them.The dragon change was good too because it balanced the other troops and the dragon will be amazing when they will make him revive

dunno about that Andreicide my entire army got gobbled up in 20 sec (admittingly it was 6 days ago) formations and abilities used. there simply was no time to react. i cannot say if those Mounted grand masters were bugged or not thou. (which if sunleader is correct, probably was).

arifel
10-21-2011, 11:19 AM
My primary concern is how well PvP battles will be supported.

Connection: Currently it's all P2P and good connectivity to the MMO-world map server is little indication that connection can be established with any particular players in multiplier. I suggest having all battle servers hosted by Reverie. If cost is an issue then maybe have a monthly subscription and then have all battles with at least one subscriber participant hosted by Reverie.

Gameplay Ruleset: The lack of victory objectives like in Warhammer 40k by Relic, and lack of timer like in Total War means that an attacker can grief a defender into quitting the battle by running away and out-waiting a defender. It doesn't take that long for the defender-victim to figure out that he's being abused, and quit that game.

My secondary concern are the orc bugs. Researches randomly becoming un-researched that I need to pay influence again, or crashing 100% of the time entering orc desert "inspect army" battles, and crashing half of the time in the swamp.

Balancing can use some work. Trader is far better than grower. One run usually triples the value of stuff my caravans carry. And there's little risk to trading due to the low cost of Pay-Offs. If the cost of Pay-Offs were higher, I'd like to bring you back to my primary concern on PvP support and how this penalty is rarely justly applied.

arifel
10-21-2011, 11:34 AM
Hey Konstantin!

I may be starting if some balancings are done again, but right now i just dont consider it to be fun.

Cheers
Pargulan
Pargulan,

On Ogres:

Ogres are a support unit and if you spend 10-13 unit slots on them, that'd usually make you weaker in pvp than if you used the slots on something else. Ogres are there to haul 240 stones for your siege weapons. Ogres can move quickly, dish a lot of crushing damage per hit, but die very quickly to arrows due to its large arrow-catching size, and to elf melee due to the very high slashing damage elf melee tend to do, and ogres have very low slashing resistance (compare, foot knights and foot grand masters and slayers can bump slashing resist to 60% or more).

It would be different if you used Ogres to fight low DPS opponents, say, human foot knights or macemen. But if there are halberdiers or archers or crossbows somewhere your ogres would still be slaughtered. This is why level 9 ogre mercs only cost 900 gold or so, about the same as a level 9 unit of goblins. And in most PvP situations I'd find that unit of goblins capable of much more.

On Dragon:

Dragons are the only sure way to start a fire the moment you want a fire. Catapults and fire arrows only give you a chance of starting a fire. This is the only thing tactically special about dragons. Whether that's worth all the unit slots a dragon takes up is up to you. But you shouldn't use it to engage in physical combat or it'll die about as fast as an Ogre when focus fired.

Konstantin Fomenko
10-21-2011, 02:51 PM
Ok guys, here`s preview of our first patch - working according to your direction.

As I`ve mentioned earlier - PvP Lag solution we`ll try to have a temp one next week.

Also - we will try to include Gatehouse/Walls solution for this patch, but might not make it in:(

Meanwhile here`s what we have so far:

:::::Major Fixes and Additions:::::
-If PvP Search gets stuck it`ll automatically cancel after 30 seconds
-Fix for World Map banners getting stuck on the screen if PvP fails
-PvP limited to 20 minutes - strongest player declared victor
-Added Polish Localization to the game - Work in Progress
:::::Minor Fixes and Additions:::::
-Fixed Novakiller type bug with Southmount region stairwell in a wrong place
-Fixed intro cinematic for new Southmount homelands
-New Ungarrison army button art
-Fixed worldmap appearance on returning from any scenario back to worldmap
-Fix for player units attacked by quest creeps for a second as the homeland is reloaded
:::::Major Balance Adjustments:::::
-Pay Out penalty in PvP, Lay Siege reduced by 50%
-Dragons are more resistant to arrow fire
-Reduced Garviola population from 2 to 1

Dalizon
10-21-2011, 03:53 PM

Three good fixes, this is a start, however the worst part is the lag, as I understand this is a log working issue, but these 3 above should get it started in the right direction.

Perhaps one thing that can be done about the lag, is to try and match up the computers to be compatible with each other. I am not sure how this would be implemented, but there is a website called System Requirements Lab, and it scans your computer and tells you everything about it, the Ram, the Memory the graphics the CPU speed....everything, so if something similar can be implemented and then comparable computers matched up that may help a bit.

Jonr
10-21-2011, 04:20 PM
Here are the things that sometimes really annoy me. Some of them are not bugs, but nonetheless.

Amount of unit group limit needs to be removed. If I am trying to group together say thirty units of goblin archers, only sixteen are grouped. (thanks Arkantos ;)

The fact that the race "equivalents", for lack of a better word, are grouped together really annoys me. On top of the "bug" above, this makes it extremely difficult to manage units.

My personal opinion is that dragon flight speed needs to be increased. When I tried to fly my royal into the front line of the enemy, while it was slowly drifting to its target, it was shot down by about two hundred gobbo archers (not a lot) and now is irretrievable. I hope the patch fixes most of the weak-against-arrows thing.

Economy really needs to be improved ASAP. Right now, there is literally no point to gathering resources with workers. Gathering rates need to go up, sorry to the devs but the gather rate reduction was totally unnecessary:( Amount of resources gained by looting needs to be reduced by half, at least.

Quest difficulties, at the part where you "grind" (not really grinding, very fun) random towns in random areas needs to be increased. If yall want to go big, make it so that npc strongholds are extremely strong although not as strong as the main cities and increase the amount of units possible to enter the npc stronghold to sixty after "end game". This would make it much more entertaining to do the quests. If you don't want to go big, decrease influence gained by defeating these pathetic towns with walls that can be bypassed. I get something like four influence every time I zerg them.

Traits need to be balanced badly. Any sane person picking traits as of now would pick Military and Defensive/Siege (depending on what race you are). My ideas are that economic trait would be improved, and building bonus would effect the amount of stamina for ALL races and maybe even include a small ability to units.

Orcs need to live up to their standards-being the best warriors. Make goblins cost a small amount of money per spawn (45 food, 500 if you guys decide to follow my idea below) and make orcs have more units in them (about 30), with goblins increased to 40, and make their defense 5x lower, and attack 3x higher. For goblins, 2x damage and defense the same, they are already weak enough.

I got this idea from someone on the forums somewhere-make units made in homeland have bonuses, make them stronger and maybe have an extra ability thrown in. Make units never actually die in pvp, make them unusable until healed. The units will, however, die while questing. I believe I posted this previously. But, to balance this, make mercenaries cost the same amount, but homeland units be two thousand food and whatever other resource that pertains to them.

Units defending a gate or small passageway, such as canyon quest, need to get a huge bonus to defense-right now, they get killed just as fast as they would fighting in any other location. I'd like to see something like 300 (think history), without the better weapons and invincibility ;) this greatly hinders tactics in this game, which I'd like to see in the future; more tactical advantages.

Now to the real bugs. Gather rates and buildings need to continue while offline. Without this from my swamp orc, economy is really bad, lol, bad enough as it is. Also, when my marauders get full on food and go to the grand hut, they like to hang around there, forcing me to micromanage them to hunt. (seems not to have any problem with regular hut.)

Game breaking bugs need to be fixed as a top priority, although I havent had any yet. Army loss bugs need to be regarded as a second (also havent had any yet.) Units need to stop getting stuck in hills when walking around them, caused me to lose pvp many times.

I'd like to thank the developers for all their kindness to the players :cool: love that from devs. Still more I'd like to post, but right now these are on my mind. As soon as those new hometowns came out, the game was buggy as hell. The fact that that can change completely within the following two weeks is amazing. With all the hard work going into this game and the dozens of bugs fixed a week, this game will (hopefully) be a much better game in the next year or so. You guys mind slipping the unit grouping into the patch tonight? :rolleyes:

Konstantin Fomenko
10-21-2011, 04:46 PM
The unit grouping is again pathfinding issue. We simply put this hard limit of 16 on, course if player would select 60 battalions and task them at once all hell would break loose and game would go into a lag spike for 10 seconds:)

New pathfinding has been our priority right after 6 player PvP games, automated alliances and Army vs Town. But we might shift it ahead.

New Path-finding will do the following
1) Select up to 30 units
2) Battalions will always walk and fight together as one
3) Tasking even 30 battalions at the same time will not lag at all
4) PvP lag completely gone
5) No delay when tasking large number of battalions
6) Battalions always maintain perfect formation and structure, never clip with each other

Most of these pathfinding issues effect Dual Core PCs right now, and whenever you play a large PvP battle against a Dual Core PC - it lags.

We`ll see if we might switch our prioritize around and rush pathfinding fixes first ahead of Army Vs Town. I`ll get back to you on this guys.

eddieg501
10-21-2011, 05:09 PM
I dont know if anyone else is having this bug, but on the quest "Travel to meet galino alone" my hero even when standing right in front of him cannot click on Galino to initiate the conversation, noo matter where I move he cannot click?

ThatguyAds1298
10-21-2011, 05:14 PM
Any luck on the construction of buildings stuck at 58 minutes upon log in guys?

Konstantin Fomenko
10-21-2011, 05:41 PM
Yap, Here`s updated list - we are looking to patch around afternoon time tomorrow.

The only thing left for us to do is the Resources income bug. Seems to only effect some people.

Patch # 1.0.9 Preview
-Fix for building construction 58 minute bug
-Fixed the Gatehouse upgrade construction bug - effecting old homelands
-Added Polish Localization to the game - Work in Progress
-NPC Dragon AI - Dragon unit in Sssilistra will auto fly, charge, use abilities e.t.c
:::::Minor Fixes and Additions:::::
-Fixed Novakiller type bug with Southmount region stairwell
-Fixed intro cinematic for new Southmount homelands
-New Ungarrison army button art
-Fixed worldmap appearance on returning from any scenario back to worldmap
-Fix for player units attacked by quest creeps for a second as the homeland is reloaded
:::::Major Balance Adjustments:::::
-Pay Out penalty in PvP, Lay Siege reduced by 50%
-Dragons are more resistant to arrow fire
-Reduced Garviola population from 2 to 1

GPS51
10-21-2011, 06:03 PM
[QUOTE=Konstantin Fomenko;64926]Yap, Here`s updated list - we are looking to patch around afternoon time tomorrow.

The only thing left for us to do is the Resources income bug. Seems to only effect some people.

Patch # 1.0.9 Preview
-Added Polish Localization to the game - Work in Progress[QUOTE]

Shucks I dunno what i'm going to do now :P

Onomas
10-22-2011, 06:39 AM

Explain this please. So if a guy with all lvl 10 cavalry attack me and im in a camp. He has no siege weapons. I only have 40 or so troops..... I loose? Because he is stronger?

This makes no sense, so please explain what you mean by this. Stronger position, stronger army, stronger units?

Because if someone attacks me, and just sits there for 20 minutes because they arent prepared enough and want to cheeze wins. And they get the win would be bogus.

Konstantin Fomenko
10-22-2011, 11:10 AM
Attacking player is always matched against a defending player of the slightly stronger strength than he is.

So if you choose to sit in the camp and he won`t dare to attack you - you`ll win once 20 minutes are up.

wasserali
10-26-2011, 01:16 PM
I yust lost my black dragon in my home town due to a bug. :eek:
Moved into the town with dragon, flying with the dragon to the center of the town, then the intro of the hometown started again and the dragon was gone. I dont think this is supposed to happen. Please help me to get back my dragon. He cost a lot of crowns despite he is a chicken only. But he looks nice and slighly improved after last revision.

Please help

Yust found out that all units returning home (except the hero) got lost in the same event.

wasserali

wasserali
10-27-2011, 01:15 PM
I dont know if anyone else is having this bug, but on the quest "Travel to meet galino alone" my hero even when standing right in front of him cannot click on Galino to initiate the conversation, noo matter where I move he cannot click?

Got the same problem. Solved the ploblem with selecting my hero and galiano with the frame. When selected both units, the dialog started.

Hope this works also for you

wasserali

hoform22xu
10-28-2011, 01:43 AM
Any luck on the construction of buildings stuck at 58 minutes upon log in guys?
http://www.cuinsurance.org/xiaofang1.jpg
http://www.cuinsurance.org/xiaofang2.jpg
http://www.cuinsurance.org/xiaofang3.jpg

Gruber12
10-28-2011, 03:13 AM
you can work on army cloning and grand masters :eek:

Boricsmith
10-28-2011, 05:38 AM
In pvp or view mode, I can't group units over the keypad number 6, even though we are supposed to be able to group up to number 9. I have tried this multiple times since starting the game last month. Thanks for all of the effort thusfar!

andreicde
10-28-2011, 09:54 AM
you can work on army cloning and grand masters :eek:

grand masters are fine.stop whining about them.Riders in general are powerful atm.

wasserali
10-28-2011, 11:50 AM
I yust had a strange experience. I won a battle (at least I was declared victorious) after all my troops have been slaughtered by the enemy. How come? I can eplain my theory.

All sequences, loading screens etc. are slowed down dramaticly. It takes very long time to reach battle, leave battle, whatever...

After elimination of my troops by the enemy it took moore than two minutes till the enemy decided it is waste of time to wait till he is declared the winner. He left the battlefield before declaration of winner. Therefore, my no more existing army was declared winner post mortem.

Since the sequences, loading screens etc. take that long (approx. 5 minutes) I think fellow players dont want to waist time to wait even for a victory. I experience this since the latest patch. This is no developement to the better.

Please post if you have the same experience.

wasserali