PDA

View Full Version : Updater Crash/Bugs? Need your help!

Konstantin Fomenko
10-17-2011, 01:54 PM
Guys,

We are closing in on a fix for all the updater related crashes, but need your help. Basically if you have the following issues:

-Updater crashes as it downloads files as you download a patch
-Updater re-downloads some files each time you run it (even though there is no patch)

Please do the following:

1) After updater crashes, or you see these extra files needed to download - exit the updater

2) Navigate to your Dawn of Fantasy installation, for example Program Files (x86)/505 Games/Dawn of Fantasy/ and locate the two files queuedDownloads.txt and updater-log.txt
Note some of you might only have updater-log.txt

3) Reply to this post, describing the bug you are having - if it`s a crash or that constant downloading, and using Attachment Manager attach both files (or 1 if you only have updater-log.txt).

4) Just in case Attachment Manager will give you grief and refuse to upload, just open these files using Notepad or other text editor, copy paste everything into your reply, and add [C ODE] your text goes here [/C ODE] (remove space between C and O).

We sincerely appreciate all the help. Unfortunately these issues only effect small number of people and we just can`t reproduce this in our office.

Konstantin Fomenko
10-17-2011, 02:01 PM
To these whose updater crashes as you try to install the game.

We are also looking at this issue, but we need more help. Please help us by following these steps:

1) Try Running the updater and get that Updater crash.

2) Don`t close the crash screen, and take a screenshot of the crash message using Print Screen keyboard button. Open some basic picture editing software - for example MS Paint, and Save As JPG. You`ll need to submit this file to us.

3) Navigate to your Dawn of Fantasy installation, for example Program Files (x86)/505 Games/Dawn of Fantasy/ and locate updater-log.txt (note, you might NOT have this file actually, but do check)

4) Get your DxDiag details. To get DxDiag please follow these steps:
-Open Window Main Start Menu (bottom right corner)
-In the Run field (at the bottom) type dxdiag and press Enter
-It will up DxDiag window, with a button to "Save all information"
-Save it as a txt file.

5) Reply to this post and using Attachment Manager attach - to attach your Screenshot, DxDiag results and updater-log.txt file.

6) Just in case Attachment Manager will give you grief and refuse to upload, just open these files using Notepad or other text editor, copy paste everything into your reply, and add [C ODE] your text goes here [/C ODE] (remove space between C and O).

Gruber12
10-17-2011, 07:28 PM
gets to either 8 or 7 files remaining then stops working

bb123
10-17-2011, 11:33 PM
Update crashes with 7 remaining. Please advise if there is any other info you need to assist you with sorting out this problem.

kev0819
10-18-2011, 04:05 AM
hey,

i get to around 6-7 download files then it crashes tried this about 20 times

Gruber12
10-18-2011, 09:03 PM
so anything? some confirmation would be nice

Tyler Dodge
10-18-2011, 10:01 PM
Thanks for the information, I think I have enough to actually solve the problem, and I will work on getting a solution build by tomorrow, if that cannot be finished, there is a small hotfix patch that I could make for it

Gruber12
10-19-2011, 12:27 AM
*grabs popcorn and watches for fix*

Tyler Dodge
10-19-2011, 01:16 PM
I just successfully reproduced the bug from you all's posts. I implemented a fix and I am doing an internal test to see if under the same conditions, it will work now. Thank you all for your patience, and I should have the fix ready shortly if all goes well

Tyler Dodge
10-19-2011, 02:41 PM
I just uploaded the Updater Update, and it should fix the issue. So just start your Updater, and everything should correct itself. Also, the last files it downloads are pretty large, so it might take awhile for it to download the last 8 files. Hope this works, and please post back if it does

Gruber12
10-19-2011, 07:27 PM
*gives tyler a piece of popcorn*

Ben1376
12-04-2011, 06:31 PM
it stops's at 16 files then crashes :( and i don't know if this is the right Dx.diag file that you are looking for.

wasserali
12-05-2011, 11:10 AM
I am trying to start the game. No success.
When the updater appeares he checkes files, etc. to find out that there is an update required. So updater starts to upload, verify, etc. the data/files andstarting again to upload, verify, etc. .... and again and again until it gets stuck at "New Patch Received, Re Validation Files".

Trrying to start since one hour and no progress. Please help to solve problem if possible.

Ingame name: wasserali
My updater files are attached.

wasserali

Forgot to mention: Updater shows now Version 1.1.2 instead of 1.1.2B.

Konstantin Fomenko
12-05-2011, 12:49 PM
Wasserali, try restarting your computer - as it looks like part of the Updater progress got stuck. If this doesn`t fix the problem - I`ll assign out updater programmer to investigate further - but it might take some time for him to get to this - we might want to try uninstall and reinstall first.

wasserali
12-06-2011, 08:25 AM
Restarted my computer. Updater updated back to version 1.1.2B and game started as its supposed to be.

Thank you for advice.

wasserali