Schnafski
10-17-2011, 05:10 AM
Hi there...

Since the last two patches I got a "time out" when I try to log in. :mad:

Anyone else? Can anyone help me?

Schnafski
10-18-2011, 02:41 AM
So its day 4 now... nothing happend.

It would be nice if someone could give me some hints how to start this game!

:mad:

Wooolf
10-19-2011, 05:34 AM
got the same problem

Schnafski
10-20-2011, 12:56 AM
Still having problems...

Sorry but... the support is ****ing bad! :mad:

Jarno Montonen
10-20-2011, 03:55 AM
Guys, really sorry for the delay! Could you make sure that any firewall isn't blocking DoF (and obviously that your connection works otherwise). If it still keeps happening, I'd ask you to reproduce it and upload the Log1.txt in your DoF folder.

Thanks and sorry for the trouble!

Schnafski
10-25-2011, 05:17 AM
Guys, really sorry for the delay! Could you make sure that any firewall isn't blocking DoF (and obviously that your connection works otherwise). If it still keeps happening, I'd ask you to reproduce it and upload the Log1.txt in your DoF folder.

Thanks and sorry for the trouble!

Hi there...

so I try and checked... Problems are still there "TIME OUT" :mad:

Firewall is not blocking the game (I got online after installing)
Yes my connection works fine.

Here is the Log... I hope that there is a fast solution. Thanks

Schnafski
10-28-2011, 01:31 AM
*KNOCK KNOCK*

anybody out there???

Konstantin Fomenko
10-30-2011, 12:59 PM
Hi Guys,

Really sorry for the lousy support last week and not getting on this sooner - we had to take care of some internal business:( We are back to our "friendly" customer support ways now and looking into this. We should have solution in the 1.1.0 patch on this Wednesday - meanwhile I have a few questions to ask to help us fix this issue.

1) Can you please confirm you have restarted your computer lately? If not please try restarting your computer and try logging in again.

2) There is a possibility something is blocking the game server. You`ll need to do a PING test. It`s really simple - please check this youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shM2v-Ftt0c and enter the following IP Address: 50.28.14.234

3) There is also chance some application/program you have recently installer is using the same Internet PORT that Dawn of Fantasy uses. Can you confirm - that first time you try to login, it shows this error for a second: "raknet peer failed to start SOCKET_PORT_ALREADY_IN_USE" ?

Schnafski
10-31-2011, 08:30 AM
Hi Guys,

Really sorry for the lousy support last week and not getting on this sooner - we had to take care of some internal business:( We are back to our "friendly" customer support ways now and looking into this. We should have solution in the 1.1.0 patch on this Wednesday - meanwhile I have a few questions to ask to help us fix this issue.

1) Can you please confirm you have restarted your computer lately? If not please try restarting your computer and try logging in again.

2) There is a possibility something is blocking the game server. You`ll need to do a PING test. It`s really simple - please check this youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shM2v-Ftt0c and enter the following IP Address: 50.28.14.234

3) There is also chance some application/program you have recently installer is using the same Internet PORT that Dawn of Fantasy uses. Can you confirm - that first time you try to login, it shows this error for a second: "raknet peer failed to start SOCKET_PORT_ALREADY_IN_USE" ?

Hi there,
no problem so far. I still hope that you can fix this Problem.

1)
restart does not work for me. Same Problem all the way.

2)
Ping wird ausgeführt für 50.28.14.234 mit 32 Bytes Daten
Antwort von 50.28.14.234: Bytes=32 Zeit=147ms TTL=55
Antwort von 50.28.14.234: Bytes=32 Zeit=133ms TTL=55
Antwort von 50.28.14.234: Bytes=32 Zeit=133ms TTL=55
Antwort von 50.28.14.234: Bytes=32 Zeit=132ms TTL=55

Ping-Statistik für 50.28.14.234:
Pakete: Gesendet = 4, Empfangen = 4, Verloren = 0
(0% Verlust),
Ca. Zeitangaben in Millisek.:
Minimum = 132ms, Maximum = 147ms, Mittelwert = 136ms

3) No there was no error message. The first time I run the game, it works. On next day I got the Time Out since now. And there are no other Progs running or something.

I hope that helps you. If you need any more Info, let me know.

Konstantin Fomenko
10-31-2011, 09:23 AM
Thanks for confirming this and running the PING test.

At this point there is only ONE explanation - Firewall, since everything seems to be working as intended.

Lets take another look at your firewall.

1) Please let me know what Windows version you are using - Xp, Vista or 7?
2) What Anti-Virus/Firewall programs you have installed on your computer?
3) Please do this test - with disabling default Windows Firewall and trying to star the game and Login:
If you are using Windows 7: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sl7NdQn3Cjw
If you are using Windows Vista: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GUVLK9oy5g
If you are using Windows XP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hUXhI3dhow

Schnafski
11-01-2011, 04:07 AM
Thanks for confirming this and running the PING test.

At this point there is only ONE explanation - Firewall, since everything seems to be working as intended.

Lets take another look at your firewall.

1) Please let me know what Windows version you are using - Xp, Vista or 7?
2) What Anti-Virus/Firewall programs you have installed on your computer?
3) Please do this test - with disabling default Windows Firewall and trying to star the game and Login:
If you are using Windows 7: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sl7NdQn3Cjw
If you are using Windows Vista: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GUVLK9oy5g
If you are using Windows XP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hUXhI3dhow

Hi there,
I dont think that it is the Firewall. I just run the game for the first time with no problems. But let me take a look to your points.

1) Windows 7
2) Avira AntiVir and ZoneLabs Firewall
3) Just testet all Firewalls turn off (By the way, windows firewall is always off) - No result, Problem is still there. :confused:

Konstantin Fomenko
11-01-2011, 10:00 AM
Ok lets try a next solution. I`ve send you a private message with details.

Joseph Visscher
11-01-2011, 10:44 PM
I have a theory that you may want to try:
Contact your ISP and/or get into your router if you have one and make sure the following ports are properly forwarded:
30841 (Game server)
30844 (Client for pvp matches.)
IF any programs you have installed use these ports there will be a conflict if both programs are running at the same time, try end tasking that program and then see if logs in. We have not changed the ports so the problem is most likely and regrettably inconveniently on your system's side, unless this is happening to a lot of people but it looks to be extremely rare and only you so far, if my theory is correct and you find a program that is conflicting the ports please post what program that is for future reference.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Seigyoku
11-02-2011, 12:04 AM
Hi,

I had this "Time out" problem the 1st day I played. I've disconnected / reconnected my ISP connection to force it to change IP and the problem was solvled, since, I have no more this "Time out" message.

Seigyoku,

Joseph Visscher
11-02-2011, 04:37 PM
Hi,

I had this "Time out" problem the 1st day I played. I've disconnected / reconnected my ISP connection to force it to change IP and the problem was solvled, since, I have no more this "Time out" message.

Seigyoku,

thanks for the help Seigyoku.

Schnafski do you know if you have a static IP address?

Novakiller
11-02-2011, 05:09 PM
hmm this is very insteresting indeed, my best guess is it had something to do with a router issue as i can often have these issues, esepcially if you are running a wireless router and have it running in secured mode to boot. Sometimes a router AND modem can often get stuck on the same IP number, for example, when an ISP does their weekly/monthly switch of IP numbers, the modem and routers are still stuck on your "old" IP number, because they didn't find the new IP number the ISP issued out. To fix this I often have to turn off the modem AND router to basicly force them to default settings and get them searching again for the newly issued IP address from the ISP. If this ever happens again Seigyoku try turning off the power to router or modem or both and see if it works again. Obviously leaving them shut off for 20 seconds to fully restore them back to defualt settings b4 turning them back on again.

Sorry i didn't see this post sooner, im glad your back in the game again though

Schnafski
11-03-2011, 10:02 AM
hmm this is very insteresting indeed, my best guess is it had something to do with a router issue as i can often have these issues, esepcially if you are running a wireless router and have it running in secured mode to boot. Sometimes a router AND modem can often get stuck on the same IP number, for example, when an ISP does their weekly/monthly switch of IP numbers, the modem and routers are still stuck on your "old" IP number, because they didn't find the new IP number the ISP issued out. To fix this I often have to turn off the modem AND router to basicly force them to default settings and get them searching again for the newly issued IP address from the ISP. If this ever happens again Seigyoku try turning off the power to router or modem or both and see if it works again. Obviously leaving them shut off for 20 seconds to fully restore them back to defualt settings b4 turning them back on again.

Sorry i didn't see this post sooner, im glad your back in the game again though

THANKS

Thats it! I restarted my Router and Modem and can log in! Thanks a lot for that help! :D

Konstantin Fomenko
11-03-2011, 10:48 AM
Likewise - thanks! Next time we get this report we`ll know exactly what to tell the players effected by this.