PDA

View Full Version : PvE in PvP

Safey18
10-16-2011, 09:20 PM
Ok so NPCs have been involved in PvP since I have played this game and it really annoys the hell out of me. There is always a town or a couple of camps between you and the person your actually there to fight. This causes the fight to drag out longer and causes the person who actually moves to have damaged units by the time they reach the opposition after killing off all the random units. I don't want PvE when I click the PvP button, theres plenty of quests and other scenarios in the game already involving tonnes of PvE. It might be just me who this really bugs so if you do like the NPCs in PvP games give me reasons why!

Magicmud83
10-16-2011, 10:17 PM
Don't care for it much either and im sure its adding to our lag. My best guess is they didn't have time to add PvP maps so they just toss us in the normal PvE areas that or don't feel the need.

Safey18
10-17-2011, 12:39 AM
Don't care for it much either and im sure its adding to our lag. My best guess is they didn't have time to add PvP maps so they just toss us in the normal PvE areas that or don't feel the need.

Well when you verse an army in a quest for a PvE fight there is only you and them on the map so it can't be that. My guess is that its supposed to add an extra dimension to PvP but I really don't like it.

macamus
10-17-2011, 03:33 AM
Me neithers, they are just crap units that doesnt really do anything except block your path and drag it out so its more chance fight syncs out and adds more lagg since all the npc camps charges each other at the same sec you get thrown into the fight

Sunleader
10-17-2011, 07:12 AM
Well
To begin with I would like some more Differeniation in the Maps
I mean you basically are always in the same area depending on which area you fight in

and your armys as well as npcs are always in the same place as well

They should make it so that this is decided randomly
sometimes you have npcs
and sometimes not

after all you dont exactly choose were to fight
you attack someone and fight wherever you found him

also the fact that NPCs are Hostile towards anyone in PvP is bugging me
I mean Bandits or so of course are hostile to everyone

but most of the Time fighting in Human region I get attacked by Troops of the King whose life i.ve been saving in the quests

thats not making sense
it should just like view army mode
where you are only enemy to other races
but not to your own

Greetz

GPS51
10-17-2011, 09:58 AM
I've used the healing wells in NPC towns to turn the tide of battle :D

karamot
10-17-2011, 10:58 AM
well a good idea imho is to apply a little change to pvp maps

pve, or saying better,that little town or little army neutral into map, must be useful for some kind of strategy, to avoid the simple frontal attack

it could be nice if towns have little army but palisade and tower, so an army, if ganked by a stronger army, can turn into this town and put a defend formation on towers to resist enemy, just to get some chance to turn the sort of battle, or it could be funny a river, with 1 or 2 passage, to restrict movement

in this way environment participate to strategy

Konstantin Fomenko
10-17-2011, 11:01 AM
Great post guys, here`s what`s going on:

-There is a bug in our random map generation - so yap - every map in each region looks the same, we hope to have this fixed in the near future.

-These NPCs on the maps are bugged as well - they are suppose to be allied to the player of the same race. To give a small advantage to players fighting defensively. So in a nutshell human vs human players - will have NPCs (at least the villages) allied to them (until some of these units are kill then they aggro)

-There will be more of variety to these NPCs added - empty small keeps and wall ruins that players can use against each other.

-Expert players can actually work these into their strategy, like aggro some NPCs and lure them into enemy force (works best with Ogres), or clear our NPC village - to get access to the healing well and extra loot.

Magicmud83
10-17-2011, 11:15 AM
I'd just like them to be gone really unless your planing on using them in some kinda capture the flag kinda deal. To many of us are facing lag and having the npc's around isnt helping nor it trying to look around to plan when the match starts while getting shot by some npc camp you were placed next to. Thanks to the lag you got 1 guy who won't move (sometimes both) and the other slowly trying to wade his way past the npcs. If I had some small in the middle of a field were to large army were about to fight I'd get the hell out of the way and so should the bandits or w/e.

Uzik
10-17-2011, 12:15 PM
Only thing I don't like is when they spawn on top of you. I've lost a number of trebs to those orc archers on the fortress things.

White935
10-17-2011, 12:17 PM
Great post guys, here`s what`s going on:

-There is a bug in our random map generation - so yap - every map in each region looks the same, we hope to have this fixed in the near future.

-These NPCs on the maps are bugged as well - they are suppose to be allied to the player of the same race. To give a small advantage to players fighting defensively. So in a nutshell human vs human players - will have NPCs (at least the villages) allied to them (until some of these units are kill then they aggro)

-There will be more of variety to these NPCs added - empty small keeps and wall ruins that players can use against each other.

-Expert players can actually work these into their strategy, like aggro some NPCs and lure them into enemy force (works best with Ogres), or clear our NPC village - to get access to the healing well and extra loot.

I love the NPCS on the map <.< they should be kept. makes the fights seem more dynamic/relaistic, its not like the battlefields deserted, thou perhaps certain maps needs to be toned down. more specificly the ELF region (near rolling hills, thikken) theres litterly Swarming with npcs.

Dreamwalker
10-17-2011, 04:10 PM
I think having NPCs in PvP is a good idea...but shouldn't be the norm. Maybe some special kind of PvP match that involves a bunch of NPCs? Could be very fun! :D

But if what people want is a good old fashioned one-on-one PvP battle, human against human, then they should get it.

andreicde
10-17-2011, 04:24 PM
I think player should be able to pick where he can pvp.Traditional empty map or strategic map. Basically an empty map will be green land,one army against the other.The strategic ones will be the maps with npcs,forts,towns and all the things.

Safey18
10-17-2011, 07:08 PM
I see Kon has some plans for NPCs in PvP but really I can't see myself fighting them. I would imagine I would still be trying to dodge them and get to the other player without aggroing them. I like the idea of choosing whether you have them in the fight or not.

Magicmud83
10-17-2011, 07:15 PM
Agree with Safey18 on this the way the npc are atm is a needless distraction. If they make different types of random maps such as the one who captures the center which the npcs hold wins or if it was a canyon with npcs raining down arrows on boths sides sure but some blank map with just the 2 players would be nice.