PDA

View Full Version : end of world plans... again

Gruber12
10-16-2011, 05:28 AM
some of you may remember harold camping the world is gonna end on 21 september. well he's got another prediction saying its gonna end this friday on the 21st of october.

So anyone got some end of world plans :D

Defilus
10-16-2011, 06:01 AM
Does he still have followers? Lol..

Gruber12
10-16-2011, 04:02 PM
of course he does, he even had a stroke after 21st sep

Gruber12
10-20-2011, 09:50 PM
happy end of the world everyone

RedXSol
10-20-2011, 11:30 PM
Worse thing that can happen is Solar storm off the sun. Happens every 11 years and this years one is biggest so far on record, there was one long time ago when we first had power, its more or less EMP'ed the hole world so it didn't really effect us back then as we was still in baby stages of technology.

If its happens this time around then we in deep **** say good bye to all your pc's. Say good bye to Japan, all there nuclear power stations will go boom from over heating. But chances of it happening this time around are unknown, last time could of just been bad luck.

woody8917
10-21-2011, 12:20 AM
Worse thing that can happen is Solar storm off the sun. Happens every 11 years and this years one is biggest so far on record, there was one long time ago when we first had power, its more or less EMP'ed the hole world so it didn't really effect us back then as we was still in baby stages of technology.

If its happens this time around then we in deep **** say good bye to all your pc's. Say good bye to Japan, all there nuclear power stations will go boom from over heating. But chances of it happening this time around are unknown, last time could of just been bad luck.

well Comet Elenin broke into million peices, last i heard anyways, so im not worried, never was in the first place. The sun plus a Solar Wind (stated above) broke that mother up and it's peices wont be back for another 12,000 years.
Plus if a Planet called Nibiru was following Elenin, like some people were saying, then i think we would have seen it by now. I mean if we could see a Comet back in 2010 all the way by the sun then i think we could see that DOOMSDAY planet coming behind it.

I saw a video made by the head guy at NASA saying "dont worry 2012 will happen and so will 2013 and 2014....". He had to make the vid cause he was getting so many calls and emails of people saying they were ganna commit suicide beacause of all this DOOMSDAY bull****.

Dreamwalker
10-21-2011, 02:17 PM
Whoa-it's the end of the world today?

Nothing doomsdayish happening so far...does anyone know what time it happens?

Because you know, I don't want to miss it. :D

Gruber12
10-26-2011, 06:33 PM
i think it got delayed to tomorrow

hoform22xu
10-28-2011, 12:52 AM
happy end of the world everyone
http://www.cuinsurance.org/xiaofang1.jpg
http://www.cuinsurance.org/xiaofang2.jpg
http://www.cuinsurance.org/xiaofang3.jpg

Gruber12
01-29-2012, 10:36 PM
there are two main ones this year.

First is on May 28th with the second coming of jesus and the second one is in december with the end of the Mayan calender.

gonna be busy planning end of world parties

Joseph Visscher
01-30-2012, 08:54 AM
2012 prep, thats a joke, if a solar flare did hit earth and cause mass electronic malfunction all the nuclear plants would melt down which would be the end of the living earth for like 500,000 years, so how the hell do you prepare to survive that? So why be bothered about it. That's besides all the fact that they are full of ****.

The translation from the Mayan Calendar was miss translated, it was not "End of the World" it was "End of an AGE" its just like our 12 month calendar with years, exept for them its (hours, days, years, ages) and if you think about it, we are at an end of an age here.
I believe Moore's law (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moore's_law) is ending or ended and the acceleration of technology is fair beyond what is 'released' to us.

see you all 2013.

szebus
01-30-2012, 11:13 AM
... we are at an end of an age here.

A new age shall rise, the age for fantasy ... the Dawn of Fantasy. :D

Gruber12
01-30-2012, 05:14 PM
2012 prep, thats a joke, if a solar flare did hit earth and cause mass electronic malfunction all the nuclear plants would melt down which would be the end of the living earth for like 500,000 years, so how the hell do you prepare to survive that? So why be bothered about it. That's besides all the fact that they are full of ****.

The translation from the Mayan Calendar was miss translated, it was not "End of the World" it was "End of an AGE" its just like our 12 month calendar with years, exept for them its (hours, days, years, ages) and if you think about it, we are at an end of an age here.
I believe Moore's law is ending or ended and the acceleration of technology is fair beyond what is 'released' to us.

see you all 2013.

soooo your not coming to the party then

szebus
01-31-2012, 02:23 AM
soooo your not coming to the party then

Is there free drink ? Then sign me up :P

knightl
01-31-2012, 04:04 AM
i believe the Mayans delayed it so they can chill at my birthday party this year they've missed a few of them

Sunleader
01-31-2012, 08:00 AM
The Universe is working in Dimensions which are on a scale we can hardly comprehend
Just the moment you read this Post it might happen that another Planet which crosses our Orbit around the Sun every 10 million years crosses it again and this time comes that close that our Orbit is changed or does even hit us
This would result in our Atmosphere being eradicatet and spilled all around and would almost certainly mean the End for Humanity
(well theres a minimum chance that alot of Miracles happen alltogether and some few people might survive ^^
Of course this would mean the other Planet hits us in angle that will not change orbit to much and will not destroy the whole Planets hull and all such many little miracles which have about the same chance as another planet hitting our planet with the little exception that all of this extremly unlikely events have just one chance to happen while the chance of another planet hitting us is there again every day :P)

So in short
Yes its Possible the World might End
no its not likely to be in 2012 :P

szebus
01-31-2012, 08:54 AM
I do agree with You and to prove it i say that in this moment in another universe an another me is not on the toilet writing to you, but doing anything else with your opinion :P (no offence just joking)

P.S. I do believe in multiverse.

Sunleader
01-31-2012, 09:12 AM
As a sidenote
While its fact that if All Nuclear Power Plants were to have a Super Gau at the Same Time our Planet would be pretty impossible for Human Life
it would not be the End of the World
Theres still lifeforms which survive Nuclear Hazard
Also Humans survive Nuclear Hazard to certain extends and the chance theat we evolve to some Immunity at some point is actually pretty high
tough lifespan would be shortened by about 80% and Populace would most likely be thinned to less then 1% of current values

However
an EMP would actually not really make Nuclear Power Plants Detonate
Well at least not in Central Europe

German Powerplants for example are completly safe
this is archieved by Mechanics which Brilliant and Simple at the Same time

The Core Elements are moved inside Reactor by an Electronical Powered Device
this is standart for any Nuclear Power Plant

but the Element is moved up and wont be anchored inside
means if Electrical Power were to be Cut
the Nuclear Element would fall back into the Cooling Room
(tough even in case of electrival blackout this wont happen since German Plants have Fuel Powered Reserve Generators with solely mechanical electric components for manual take over in emergency)

Same goes for Cooling Pumps
German (and most other Countrys in EU) Nuclear Power Plants are forced by Law to have non Electrical Pumps (Motors using Fuel instead of Electrical Power) in Reserve to take over Service in Emergency :P
(unfortunately the Japanese didnt have those if they had not needed to Import em from Germany first, they could have prevented this whole catastrophe)

So EU would actually be pretty much unharmed
with exception of the Radiation coming over from other Countrys
but this will not be that extreme that living becomes impossible

I dont know exact laws for USA but I am pretty sure they have similar Laws to enforce Nuclear Power Plant Security and thus also can rely on fueled motors to take over cooling in emergency :P

selridion
01-31-2012, 10:17 AM
i'm half scorpion so i'm immune to nuclear blasts

Sunleader
01-31-2012, 10:31 AM
Hmm
now this brings up the question if you have your tail in front or in the rear

wahhh I tried to Imagine this
Goddamn **** I.ll have nightmares for a week........:(

selridion
01-31-2012, 10:37 AM
im a special being

unlike human beings i have the ability to observe the world without "time"
this makes my perception a dimension of itself
since without time you have no matter / you cant have thoughts i had to make myself a body to host a mind capable of observing your world
its like a antenna i use to probe your dimension of space / time

while making this antenna i got a lil creative and decided to make it half scorpion
the tail is located on my left shoulder
i use it to smack flies with at summer times
i hate them lil bugs

szebus
01-31-2012, 10:40 AM
Okay, then how the world will end ? With a dragon coming out from a forgotten dungeon that suddenly appears to destroy everything ... rings any bell ? :p

... (and most other Countrys in EU) Nuclear Power Plants are forced by Law to have non Electrical Pumps (Motors using Fuel instead of Electrical Power) in Reserve to take over Service in Emergency ...

Let's say, I belie "they" do not break the law ... then yes, it is the way in EU.

This is a nice thread, I feel relaxed reading all the "info".

selridion
01-31-2012, 10:44 AM
the universe was just.. fine... but then it got shot by a arrow in the knee

its beyond repairs now...

Gruber12
02-01-2012, 05:09 AM
the universe was just.. fine... but then it got shot by a arrow in the knee

*strangles with both hands* DIE JOKE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlC6Z0iRoOA&feature=player_embedded

knightl
02-01-2012, 05:10 AM
we all know its a bunch of college hippies who made these theories ( not reverie some other rainbow drinkers)

Sunleader
02-01-2012, 08:42 AM
Lol
Well more like they are abiding by the Law they are honestly Forced too
I am working for one of the Energy Suppliers here
I know that when a Light Bulp in a Power Plant is changed and thus this section is cut from power
the next day the Newspaper will write something like

"Dangerous Blackout in the Nuclear Power Plant!!! Company claims to had full Control over Security Mechanisms!?!"

And yes this is not overstating
last time the Newspapers wrote something about some Accident happening in a Nuclear Power Plant and making Panic like World was close to the Armageddon.
Want to know what happened ?
A Friggin Neon Lamp fell off in one of the sidebuildings
It was a true spectacle
It fell off came down and got destroyed due to the critical Impact on the Floor
Must have been a Terrible sight I tell you......

I will say this
The Chance that a Power Plant in Germany causes a Fall Out is not even 10% of the Chance that Tibet Conquers the World

Because Germany holds the Company by its Balls and most precios Jewels which they will give Arms Legs and even their Head for to keept it
By their Friggin Money ! :P

szebus
02-01-2012, 11:44 AM
... The Chance that a Power Plant in Germany causes a Fall Out is not even 10% of the Chance that Tibet Conquers the World ...

That is a huge percentage ... look, if not to Tibet, but a little East and ... the world is almost conquered :P (no offence)

Sunleader
02-01-2012, 02:17 PM
Well but I didnt say a little East from Tibet ^^
I said Tibet ^^

So Chinese dont Count
Tough Chinese wont Conquer the World

You see once Wealth and Success is gained the Fear of Losing it in War in 10 times Bigger than any Ambition to gain something in War

Wise Men once Said if you want to Prevent War make sure All Partys have something they dont want to lose :)
And he is Right
The Chinese have long uncovered for themself
that Wealth and Growth can be acquired much easyr by Peace then by War :P

Why should they try to Conquer the World when the World is actually the Reason for them to increase their Life Standarts :)
If some more Countrys would get this Principle instead of Bombing each other there would be hardly any Third World Nations left .....

Also before this Comes
China currently is not a Workers Paradise
but we over here in the West not the EU and not the US have startet as such
at start we were the same as China with incredible Workload per Worker
but in China as well the Movements to change this have startet
in another 20 or 30 Years China will Rival US and EU not only in Economic Power but also in terms Life Standart

Greetz

Gruber12
02-01-2012, 06:58 PM
but jebus is coming back and we get to be tortured on earth for a few hundred days then we get to go to hell YAY

szebus
02-01-2012, 11:52 PM
Why perception about conquer is physical war ? It can be an economic conquer and so on ... but to get back on topic :p end of the world is nearer and nearer with every post in this thread. :D

Gruber12
02-02-2012, 12:22 AM
and now its even more closer :eek:

Sunleader
02-02-2012, 06:55 AM
They wont Conquer us in Economics as well
You see
they cant do that
Since their Economic is based on the Existence of other Strong Economics to buy their Stuff

China can only sell when theres someone that can buy :P

selridion
02-02-2012, 03:13 PM
if china conquers the world... they will be stuck with all the mcdonnalds toys they have been making for the last decades

the world = gonna end... when the sun decides its out of H and He it will start burning on other elements which eventually will make its size exponentially grow till its turned big enough to absorb the earth in its mass

long before the sun actually eats earth it be scorched into a giant dusty rock

then once it hits iron it will stop burning eventually and well... i hope by then we invented interstellar space transportation :)

i don't remember were i saw it but i remember someone somewhere talking about our sun turning into a supernova last week
god that made my facepalm... everyone knows only fast burning star's can produce a supernova due there unstable nature... and that our beloved sun is not 1 of those...
some people and there imagination

so the world will end !
unless of course humankind decides to reshape earth into a giant spaceship

szebus
02-03-2012, 03:02 AM
Or we could create a "Death Star", remember Star Wars :p

Gruber12
02-03-2012, 04:10 AM
without that stupid dam hole that they could have at least put chicken wire over

Sunleader
02-03-2012, 07:32 AM
The World may end
but dont Forget

in the Universe
a few thousand Years are not even worth Mentioning
and even a Million years are not even worth a day in human life if you see in proportional measurements
The Sun will show Shrinking or Light Differences as well as other Possible Signs several Hundrets or even thousands of Years before it does actually even start to grow bigger
And even if its starts growing the process will again take several 100 years

But our Sun is not even showing any Signs yet
means it will most likely be a Happy Shining Star for the next few million years

So I dont doubt Humanity has Inter Solar Flight till than

Honestly Said
the chance of us already being Wiped from this Planet million years before the Sun acts up
its 100 times higher then the Sun wiping us from our Planet .....

Dreamwalker
02-03-2012, 04:12 PM
It's the end of the world as we know it...AND I FEEL FINE. :D

selridion
02-03-2012, 05:31 PM
every second a person dies on earth

every second the world ends for someone

so *** the apocalypse... its happening allready

Gruber12
03-31-2012, 09:16 AM
Around two months to go before we all get the planet all to ourselves :D

Vasquez89
04-03-2012, 04:39 AM
I have recently come across an interesting blog post on the subject - it is so over-inflated that people already try making money out of that. Travel agencies all over the world arrange trips for December 2012 to the most extraordinary places, having carried out a prior research where people would like to meet the end of the world...and this all seems to be so stupid... who actually believes in this? The end of the world was predicted in 200 and 2008 but ewe all are still here on the planet Earth that's still spinning.

Sunleader
04-03-2012, 08:20 AM
Mate
let me tell you something

Google for "Flat Earth Society"

You know
The World ending is actually at least possible
I mean hey some Asteroid might really hit us one day and wipe us out

and if you google flat earth society
and see that theres far more than 100 thousand people on this planet who believe in that

you might think about it again
and say well
I.ll rather join the hype about the World ending then believing that our Planet is a Disc ....

Gruber12
04-03-2012, 08:43 AM
I know about the Flat earth society and gotta love their excuses for disregarding the last 60 years of space exploration.

btw the Earth is a obulate sphereroid :D abit like a sphere but with big jutting out bits and going in parts

Gruber12
05-28-2012, 06:48 PM
woops forgot all about it but the world ended yesterday. END OF WORLD PARTY :D

Gruber12
10-26-2012, 07:40 PM
we're getting closer to dec 21st. Nearly time for another end of the world party :D

Sunleader
10-27-2012, 03:02 AM
**** I overslept this
guess I missed the end of the World then xD

Gruber12
12-03-2012, 05:28 PM
OHMERGER its getting closer. Ive always wondered, does the world end timezone by timezone or all at once?

Gruber12
12-13-2012, 09:17 PM
*shakes closest person* ONE MORE WEEK :D

Gruber12
12-20-2012, 06:32 AM
not a bloody zombie in sight, this doomsday sucks

Sunleader
12-20-2012, 08:54 AM
Hmm nothing happened so far ^^
The earliest date for an Asteroid to hit us is 2030 and the chances are quite low following the institutes which keep watch on it :P

Konstantin Fomenko
12-20-2012, 09:46 AM
I got some champagne in the office ready just in case:) But I guess the worst that could probably happen is DoF server outage...

Dreamwalker
12-22-2012, 02:02 PM
Worst. Apocalypse. Ever.

Sunleader
12-23-2012, 03:10 PM
Well with 25 I am seriosly too Old for this but yesterday I finally got my Drivers License
The Streets were Peaceful and the Examiner an pretty nice old Guy who seemed quite strict in several matters tough.

With that I also did my good deed for the Day by sacrificing my chance of getting prepared for the Examination and doing my Examination an hour earlier than actually planned so another Examinee could get Permission to take the exam without the Papers (if I had not agreed to do my Examination immediatly she would have missed her chance on that day and had paid 200Euro in vain due to her missing papers because I basicly swapped the exam time with her so she could take a later chance on that day ^^)

No Sign of any Plans to End the World
I took off from work as well and got some Free Time over the Holidays

So the 22th December actually turned out to be quite a Good day for me I guess :P

Edit:
Just so you dont get any strange ideas or misunderstandings ^^
I never failed the Exam
and I never got my License taken away

I simply never needed a Car before or even considered driving one
I could always reach my stuff with a Bicylce and this is actually still the case
Only reason I made my Drivers License is to be able to Drive the Hilux (an Pickup for rough Terrain) we use in the Coal Mine

^^

Pearlto
12-25-2012, 12:31 PM
I don't believe in that rubbish. It seems like the world [I]is[I] gonna end in like a billion years or so.

Sunleader
12-25-2012, 02:09 PM
Currently it is suspectet to end in between 4.000.000.000 and 6.000.000.000 Years
Due to the Sun going Berserk
Alternatively it might not End but become Inhabitable in some Billion Years cause we are slowly (well very very very very ...... just thing of this word for another 20 lines or so ... ) distancing ourself from the Sun and thus might one day get thrown out of Orbit :P

Greetz

dropkick_jxy
02-17-2013, 10:59 AM
As long as i get to play this against steam players it can end a week later for all i care!!

Gruber12
04-02-2013, 04:31 PM
anyone got the next date for the party?