PDA

View Full Version : Saturday`s patch preivew.

Konstantin Fomenko
10-14-2011, 12:19 PM
Since it looks like we`ll only patch on Saturday morning, I wanted to give you guys a preview of 1.0.7

1.0.7 will bring back heroes for these few who completely lost them, as well as make sure this never happens again. In addition we are fixing a major bug with units going missing - there might still be some other bug in there causing the same issues - but at least after this patch this will not happen as often.

In addition we are releasing a major solution that changes core way math works in the engine that might fix hundreds of issues. For example - ObscureUSA will finally be able to load his town, and this should fix a lot of random crashes. This might actually fix a very large number of other issues all over the board. The downside - this might temporarily decrease visual performance for a few days - as we work to optimize visual performance using the new core math. But we think the trade off is worth it.

In addition we are fixing various smaller issues - from Dwarven Rifleman weird hit-points to building and walls using correct texture during construction.

Defilus
10-14-2011, 12:23 PM
Sounds good, hopefully it works.

GPS51
10-14-2011, 12:41 PM
I find that the dwarven bazookas just have...erm "character" right now ;)

Konstantin Fomenko
10-14-2011, 01:12 PM
Updates - we are upping all Dwarves to 20 unit battalions, AND - major one - looks like we`ll finally work in the new balancing tonight, changing armour from - 30 points from the attack, to -30% from the attack value. Bye - bye all archer armies.

Novakiller
10-14-2011, 01:24 PM
sounds absolutely superb! with the new math calculations konst along with the others... its all going towards making this a better game.. :D

ThatguyAds1298
10-14-2011, 01:44 PM
Very nice, Looking forward to it a lot! :D

Konstantin Fomenko
10-14-2011, 01:55 PM
Ok guys - just wanted to give a quick warning - there is a small chance the patch will be delayed toward`s tomorrow morning. But as of now we are still hoping for midnight today. We`ll keep you posted.

In addition we are working on a way to bring back missing heroes just as they were - same level, same stats e.t.c

ThatguyAds1298
10-14-2011, 02:05 PM
In addition we are working on a way to bring back missing heroes just as they were - same level, same stats e.t.c

Ok that would be amazing.. Good luck with that you guys. I think this patch wil be worth the wait so i dont really mind to much if its delayed myself, Just my opinion though i cant speak for everyone.

Ive lost my hero a couple of times so i know how much of a pain it is when its reset, Will be great news if you succeed in finding a way to bring them back! :D

Novakiller
10-14-2011, 02:06 PM
no probs on a delay, be interested to know when the game mechanic will be in where you can pay for "protection" from pvp for a couple days (or hours) however its going to be done with gold

ObscuredUSA
10-14-2011, 03:22 PM
I know you are all busy, but is there an ETA on if you guys are going to make Royal Dragons respawn after 24 hours of being killed? Just wondering cause I heard you guys talk about that a while back.

Novakiller
10-14-2011, 03:44 PM
you talking about the player dragons? and yes i remember that as well

Jarno Montonen
10-14-2011, 03:51 PM
So yeah, the patch will get delayed. But once we push it you should definately be able to get back the highest level hero you ever had if you don't have a hero at all, and quite probably even if you have a (backup) hero. The backup hero would then be deleted. Buut, we want to test this a bit more and still get couple other little things sorted out first.

Konstantin Fomenko
10-14-2011, 03:51 PM
Guys - I`m sorry to say this - but we are delaying the patch until tomorrow. Tomorrow noon is the current ETA.

With regard to the dragons - sometimes next week I hope, this is not a high priority atm.

Uzik
10-14-2011, 04:12 PM
Any word on a gatehouse fix so I can get back into my keep for quests? : )

chanman20
10-14-2011, 06:37 PM
sounds good ^^

Safey18
10-14-2011, 07:03 PM
I know you are all busy, but is there an ETA on if you guys are going to make Royal Dragons respawn after 24 hours of being killed? Just wondering cause I heard you guys talk about that a while back.

Nar don't do that... If your dumb enough to let your dragon die you don't deserve it ;) Plus I really don't think 120 influence is that much these days. I mean I spent 300+ influence on my Dwarven Riflemen army xD

Safey18
10-14-2011, 07:04 PM
With regard to the dragons - sometimes next week I hope, this is not a high priority atm.

Do they respawn at level 1 or the same?

Konstantin Fomenko
10-14-2011, 09:15 PM
They would spawn at level 1 loosing all the bonuses.

Yeah - we really need to tone down the PvP rewards, and make some techs and wall require more influence lol - it`s way too easy to acquire right now.

With regards to the gatehouse - we will try to fit this in tomorrow, but can`t promise it.

eddieg501
10-14-2011, 10:28 PM
Is the patch going to start fixing the major freeze ups and slow downs we get when we do PvP or camp, I just camped and went to view and started to move my camera around and had major freeze ups that lasted 5 seconds and just sluggish movement. I have everything set to low and have turned off all shadows and everything else and it is still almost unplayable. This is not meant as a troll I just want to know if the game is going to be optimized.

ObscuredUSA
10-14-2011, 11:07 PM

Yeah - we really need to tone down the PvP rewards, and make some techs and wall require more influence lol - it`s way too easy to acquire right now.

With regards to the gatehouse - we will try to fit this in tomorrow, but can`t promise it.

That's fair. =) Just think of it as the dragon being reborn from the egg. You can even give it a new name! Hmm.. I kinda like Squeaky.

Safey18
10-15-2011, 12:45 AM

Yeah glad I got all my techs/walls/everything already xD I'm gonna go hoard as much influence as I can before this gets changed! But yeah it does need to be toned down otherwise theres no instentive for people to buy influence.

karamot
10-15-2011, 09:41 AM

this is all true
but can u explain me why dragon should respawn?
dead is dead, why a player should regain his dragon?

in this way who buy a dragon is forever, and so at late game all will have dragons, just only dragons
if someone got dragon mean he point on great unit, but if a player is realy good and killed him, why encourage loser regiving it to him? he can buy another one very easily, with the inflence rating actual one cat get 3 dragons a day....

ObscuredUSA
10-15-2011, 09:45 AM
this is all true

in this way who buy a dragon is forever, and so at late game all will have dragons, just only dragons
if someone got dragon mean he point on great unit, but if a player is realy good and killed him, why encourage loser regiving it to him? he can buy another one very easily, with the inflence rating actual one cat get 3 dragons a day....

Because dragons cost quite a bit of influence. Also, they said they are going to lower the influence you gain from PVP and increase the influence requirements for tech upgrades. Wouldn't you be ****ed off if you saved up 120 influence for the Royal Dragon and then your dragon dies say a couple hours later?

SysOpPsyche
10-15-2011, 09:49 AM
this is all true

I think at this point the Dev's are restoring them because a lot of them are being lost due to bugs due to the state of the game rather than by design and they are fairly expensive and difficult to get. The units in the Market don't actually state whether you get them for a certain period of time, they are disposable or permanent (you get a lair/building that spawn 1 for every building) which is a bit of an issue if a player purchased them with Real Money (my understanding is thats currently not possible - the Real Money transactions aren't supported/implemented yet).

andreicde
10-15-2011, 10:00 AM
I think at this point the Dev's are restoring them because a lot of them are being lost due to bugs due to the state of the game rather than by design and they are fairly expensive and difficult to get. The units in the Market don't actually state whether you get them for a certain period of time, they are disposable or permanent (you get a lair/building that spawn 1 for every building) which is a bit of an issue if a player purchased them with Real Money (my understanding is thats currently not possible - the Real Money transactions aren't supported/implemented yet).

there is also the fact dragons AREN'T exactly super powerful neither.They have a nice fireball but that's about their only thing.and they can fly but it takes stamina for both so...

Ducard
10-15-2011, 11:13 AM
Well I tbh donīt see a point in letting dragons respawn after death. The problem is no problem atm but it surely will be in a couple of months or in maybe a year when everyone has been able to get so many influance points in that time to buy like 20-30 dragons.

Also I guess that by now, everyone who has been with this game from release has already purchased most of the techs. I donīt play that much due to RL but even I was able to have all nearly all techs researched. So unless there will be a town reset, increasing the influence points for techs is rather unnecessary.

So a unit is a unit wether it is a orc slayer or dwaren rifleman or a dragon. When it is dead it is dead. But on the other hand I do recommand to make dragons stronger but not to strong or it will make pvp extremly aweful.

ObscuredUSA
10-15-2011, 11:28 AM
Well I tbh donīt see a point in letting dragons respawn after death. The problem is no problem atm but it surely will be in a couple of months or in maybe a year when everyone has been able to get so many influance points in that time to buy like 20-30 dragons.

Also I guess that by now, everyone who has been with this game from release has already purchased most of the techs. I donīt play that much due to RL but even I was able to have all nearly all techs researched. So unless there will be a town reset, increasing the influence points for techs is rather unnecessary.

So a unit is a unit wether it is a orc slayer or dwaren rifleman or a dragon. When it is dead it is dead. But on the other hand I do recommand to make dragons stronger but not to strong or it will make pvp extremly aweful.

From what I understand, dragons take about 15 or 30 population spaces. I don't remember what is was off the top of my head, but I can guarantee that you won't see massive armies of dragons. At least for elves, you'll only be able to carry 1 to 2 dragons in your world map army because the population limit is 60.

Ducard
10-15-2011, 11:41 AM
From what I understand, dragons take about 15 or 30 population spaces. I don't remember what is was off the top of my head, but I can guarantee that you won't see massive armies of dragons. At least for elves, you'll only be able to carry 1 to 2 dragons in your world map army because the population limit is 60.

Then they can never implement a feature that lets you play with other people to attack a town or they can never make dragons much stronger.
If you are able to make a group of 6 people you already have 12 dragons if it is 30 pop and 24 dragons when it is 15 pop.
And for me 24 dragons are a mass dragon army :)

ObscuredUSA
10-15-2011, 11:47 AM
Then they can never implement a feature that lets you play with other people to attack a town or they can never make dragons much stronger.
If you are able to make a group of 6 people you already have 12 dragons if it is 30 pop and 24 dragons when it is 15 pop.
And for me 24 dragons are a mass dragon army :)

That's what Alliances are for. Not to mention, you will NEVER be faced with a 1v6 PVP match. They did a good job from preventing stuff like that to happen.

Ducard
10-15-2011, 11:53 AM
That's what Alliances are for. Not to mention, you will NEVER be faced with a 1v6 PVP match. They did a good job from preventing stuff like that to happen.

ok convinced. I just like games where you have a really strong "unit" that costs alot and is really effective and when you loose it you want to hit your head against the wall. That situation makes pvp more thrilling in my eyes :D

ObscuredUSA
10-15-2011, 12:00 PM
Any news on patch? Just wondering because it's 2PM from the scheduled 12PM patch.

GPS51
10-15-2011, 01:57 PM
Yeah I can't wait... Want to know how to lose to a 150 strength army when you have a 260 strength army? Well.. I would post the picture of my 10 dead cav units and his unscathed 10 archers...but attachments are down on the forums again.

ObscuredUSA
10-15-2011, 02:06 PM
Hope it is soon. I want to play before nascar comes on. And just do a imageshak link. =P

andreicde
10-15-2011, 02:52 PM
Yeah I can't wait... Want to know how to lose to a 150 strength army when you have a 260 strength army? Well.. I would post the picture of my 10 dead cav units and his unscathed 10 archers...but attachments are down on the forums again.

told you archers are op. Cavs can't kill more than 1 unit at a time per mounted knight/mounted grandmaster that is near

Konstantin Fomenko
10-15-2011, 03:09 PM
E.T.A on the patch - 1 hour

ObscuredUSA
10-15-2011, 03:40 PM
Thanks for the update.

Zanderscotx
10-15-2011, 03:46 PM
Updates - we are upping all Dwarves to 20 unit battalions, AND - major one - looks like we`ll finally work in the new balancing tonight, changing armour from - 30 points from the attack, to -30% from the attack value. Bye - bye all archer armies.

Does this mean all armor values are chagned to %, so even none archer units would be effected aswell? = longer fights in total and no more one hit kills with archer arrows?

ObscuredUSA
10-15-2011, 05:02 PM
Does this mean all armor values are chagned to %, so even none archer units would be effected aswell? = longer fights in total and no more one hit kills with archer arrows?

Could be. I'm not sure though. Archers are too strong imo.

SysOpPsyche
10-15-2011, 06:52 PM
Question:

Is Heath Regen working in combat? and/or how does it factor into defense? Most of my units have 12-13 heath per second, seems like it adds to defense which is why I do that but doesn't seem like it heals the unit (sometimes a unit , like in a camp or at homecity near a 'Healing Pool' [Orcs] will heal but not consistently).

Not really playing right now, don't feel like farming Influence for city upgrades & leveling units in View region. Actually messing around with Mount and Blade Warband with some of it mods (single player). Just kind of blindly asking because I still don't understand how its supposed to work. I've yet to see a manual for this game.