PDA

View Full Version : Long overdue: Thank you

nuraiel
10-14-2011, 06:51 AM
Hi everyone,

some people may think this strange but somehow to me something like this seemed apropriate.

It has been two weeks past release and even if there are still issues left I think it is about time for a heartfelt, general
"Thank you!"
to the whole staff. Thank you for your dedication and work over what I can only imagine to be two of the most stressful and long weeks.

(Somehow in my mind there always pops up this picture of an office space with small fires starting every few minutes and people running around, waving their arms in panic, while trying to put out every fire asap :p )

I hope you don't have to put up with it that much longer, and that there will be some more tranquil times at the company.

So people who are feeling similiar towards this and want to express it, drop a post here. :D

RedXSol
10-14-2011, 08:27 AM
Thank You....:)

Xantavious
10-14-2011, 08:34 AM
Here here! Yes thank you all. This game has so much promise and what I believe a great team behind it to make it brilliant! :D

seankell2000
10-14-2011, 10:07 AM
Cheers guys!

Believe it or not, this is an indie game made from a collection of people all over the world. The global village i action thanks to the wonders of the internet. However, there is a base in Canada. Personally, I've never met any of the other members in person, only know them online. Hopefully, DoF will do well and we can move on from there becoming an established company.

karamot
10-14-2011, 11:01 AM
seems i could be a troll

but this tongue licking ass is disgusting

thank you for what?
2 week passed since release game and game pratically havent changed

same bug from 2 week
town already stucked
pvp unstable
unit bugged
economy unbalanced
diplomacy dont work
etc etc

i really cant udnerstand this kneeling

i understand staff is giving max of their possibility, but.... lol

SysOpPsyche
10-14-2011, 11:05 AM
Heck, I'd agree with the Congratulations. Though, it is a paid for product and making good on ones promises is a critical requirement for continued operation.

Neverless, Good job on Launch so far. Hard for an indie company and game is finally playable for the most part despite the existing glitches.

Don't suppose you'll be thinking of doing an expansion that adds a First Person play mode (like Mount & Blade - ewww but with a better input handler/control scheme) for players hero characters/units? basically a more traditional MMORPG gameplay mode interwoven with the RTS game that would be optional, after you get the main game working decently and the dang forum reply/post code ironed out [cursor issues with the forum reply/post frame BTW]

Safey18
10-14-2011, 11:44 AM
seems i could be a troll

but this tongue licking ass is disgusting

thank you for what?
2 week passed since release game and game pratically havent changed

same bug from 2 week
town already stucked
pvp unstable
unit bugged
economy unbalanced
diplomacy dont work
etc etc

i really cant udnerstand this kneeling

i understand staff is giving max of their possibility, but.... lol

Seems the WoW community is starting to move in.

nuraiel
10-14-2011, 01:11 PM
karamot I'm sorry if this post somehow offended you but a few words:

a) if you do not feel like a little thanks is apropriate just don't post one here

b) I left out anything about release decisions and concrete problems of the game out for a reason, because from what I have seen until today is, that it has nothing to do with a lack of effort the staff is displaying right now to make things better.

c) It wasn't an attempt to get on someones "good side" (which would also be rather pointless) but I just felt if I had created something and it did not turn out perfect, it would make me sad to see some people badmouthing everything about it, while I was trying to fix it.

So from my personal point of view if a simple typed "Thanks" can brighten someones (probably really long) workday a bit - just to show that you know they're trying, why should I not do that.

If you think that is ***licking, I don't care. I just think there a times to criticise and times to encourage. And after two weeks of a lot of (mostly funded) critic there's no harm in a little of the latter.

Apologies for the wall of text
Nura

Konstantin Fomenko
10-14-2011, 01:14 PM
Thanks for the kind words guys! Just the boost our team needed - tonight`s patch will rock!

Dreamwalker
10-14-2011, 03:00 PM
Yeah, thanks. There are so many games in this world that suck, and so few that are actually fun for over a week. I think that with the devoted staff DOF has, it may end up as one of the truly "great" games.

Course, there are problems, mind you...but while other compaines might just leave the players to fend for themselves in a bug-invested world, you are trying to make the game as good as possible, even though it already is released.

So I don't think a small thank-you is a bad idea! :D

Novakiller
10-14-2011, 03:03 PM
Thanks goes out to the whole team :D

ThatguyAds1298
10-14-2011, 03:21 PM
Good job guys! We appreciate your hard work! If the devs dont know it already then always know that much of the community is here to support you through the future as both friends and players.

An now a song.. Sing along community!

Community : 'Lean on me! When your not stroooong, ill be your friend! (Du de du..) 'Give you the strength to carry on!'

Ok i forgot most of the song but its the thought that counts right? :D

Boricsmith
10-14-2011, 03:58 PM
I agree. This genre of game is rare because strategy games are often losing out to dime a dozen shooters. Thanks for the work and a great game that has a lot of promise!

Dreamwalker
10-14-2011, 04:05 PM
An now a song.. Sing along community!

Community : 'Lean on me! When your not stroooong, ill be your friend! (Du de du..) 'Give you the strength to carry on!'

Ok i forgot most of the song but its the thought that counts right? :D

OMG I know that song! Used to sing it at summer camp! :p

Jarno Montonen
10-14-2011, 05:00 PM
No no, Thank you, YOU guys! :)

chanman20
10-14-2011, 07:39 PM
Seems the WoW community is starting to move in.

haha was thinking the same thing

kenishi
10-14-2011, 07:54 PM
Thank you for your efforts, and thank you for listen us, you rock

White935
10-15-2011, 02:55 AM
Thanks for the hard work, and creation of a game we all love and dream of.
Surely with hard work and dedication this rought gem, will become one that is sparkling :=)