PDA

View Full Version : Disable Unit/Resource Loss Until Bugs are fixed

Uzik
10-12-2011, 10:09 AM
So I just got an out of synch and lost 8 units. Combat had not even begun, and I was going to destroy the guy.

I was in the middle of loading my army into a PvE mission.

At the beginning of combat I lost ALL my army's resources, and then lost my 8 units after going out of synch.

We PAID for this.

Safey18
10-12-2011, 10:21 AM
Unless those 8 units were dragons I wouldn't really be that upset. The games buggy and this stuff happens, if I had a dollar for everytime I lost a bunch of resources or troops I would be showering in gold coins.

Uzik
10-12-2011, 10:35 AM
Unless those 8 units were dragons I wouldn't really be that upset. The games buggy and this stuff happens, if I had a dollar for everytime I lost a bunch of resources or troops I would be showering in gold coins.

This is the type of attitude that causes devs to not fix things.

I don't have a huge amount of time to dedicate to playing games, and those 8 units basically negate my entire play time yesterday. That is not acceptable.

At least make it so that out of synch or disconnects result in no unit loss.

Onomas
10-12-2011, 02:46 PM

I don't have a huge amount of time to dedicate to playing games, and those 8 units basically negate my entire play time yesterday. That is not acceptable.

My time is limited as well, work 8-12 hours a day and take care of a family.

In a way i agree with the op then again i disagree.

I find it funny how when i start a pvp match and start winning the person always seems to go out of "sync". This isnt towards the op, he whooped me the other day and we played to the end. But many times it just seems like everything is fine until the opponent starts to lose. Then all of the sudden it happens?

Just today i was in 6 matches and all 6 i was winning midway in, and all 6 had sync problem. I find this hard to believe. More along the lines people know they are getting beat and unplug their internet wire. Very unhonorable and very unsportsman like. And screws my game up, i have to restart program over and over.

I personaly feel people that unplug.....er i mean "go out of sync" should loose it all. In the past 24 fights, i have 3 loses, 7 wins, and the rest were unplugs....er i mean out of sync. THats a hell of a lot of times in 2 days and i run a good connection. I just never seem to be lucky enough to have the "sync" problem when im losing :rolleyes:

Should lose all resources, soldiers, gain no crowns.
But i guess its hard to tell who is doing it, or if im overreacting. But its highly annoying.

macamus
10-12-2011, 02:50 PM
They shoul at least make the OOS fights not save and just reset the armies back to how it was before the fight started. I lost a dragon in a figh that went OOS feels ******ed losing things like that for absoloutely nothing

Uzik
10-12-2011, 03:04 PM
****ING ****

Happened again. At least this time I just lost some gold.

Someone attacks me. Our armies spawn, he begins killing NPCs because he doesn't want to attack my palisade... then all of a sudden OUT OF SYNCH, and I lose? WHY THE **** DID I AUTO LOSE?

Second time in ONE ****ING DAY. It was out of synch, the attacker should NOT automatically win. **** like this causes people to stop playing games and ask for refunds. Bugs like this should NOT be in release.

Onomas
10-12-2011, 03:55 PM
****ING ****

Happened again. At least this time I just lost some gold.

Someone attacks me. Our armies spawn, he begins killing NPCs because he doesn't want to attack my palisade... then all of a sudden OUT OF SYNCH, and I lose? WHY THE **** DID I AUTO LOSE?

Second time in ONE ****ING DAY. It was out of synch, the attacker should NOT automatically win. **** like this causes people to stop playing games and ask for refunds. Bugs like this should NOT be in release.

You sure its a bug? Sounds like someone alt+F4 out of game. Since you said your opponent wasnt going to attack your palisade. So he probabyl disconnected to save his/her resources. Happened to me 6 times today.

Patch notes going to make it tougher on people doing this ;)

Uzik
10-12-2011, 04:57 PM
You sure its a bug? Sounds like someone alt+F4 out of game. Since you said your opponent wasnt going to attack your palisade. So he probabyl disconnected to save his/her resources. Happened to me 6 times today.

Patch notes going to make it tougher on people doing this ;)

What are they changing?

Also, I'd be scared about legitimate out of synchs registering as alt+f4's.

Boricsmith
10-12-2011, 05:22 PM
What are they changing?

Also, I'd be scared about legitimate out of synchs registering as alt+f4's.
What about having a bar similar to Total War where there is a colorcoded scale showing who's winning. If the person OOSs while they are losing, they lose anyway as if they paid out?

Uzik
10-12-2011, 06:06 PM
What about having a bar similar to Total War where there is a colorcoded scale showing who's winning. If the person OOSs while they are losing, they lose anyway as if they paid out?

Problem is that then if I have 340 str and you have 330 str I could d/c and insta win.

They need to figure out someway to only punish the person who loses the connection, not both parties.

SysOpPsyche
10-12-2011, 06:23 PM
Honestly, I actually got into a PvP match today instead instantly going out of sync. Personally, I figured I was going to lose - army was Goblin raiders mostly with a few Berserkers, Ogres, and wargs as well as some archers. My opponent had all Archers (grandmasters I think) and it was obvious from their health and damage that they were level 10's, all mine were 5's.

Anyhow, I wade thru a group of NPC's in between our 2 armies (army vs army - no objective) and my forward wave (for some reason I could select all my units) has reached his army (and was in melee range of his forward elements, with my Ogre units set to rush into the midst of his big blob of archers while they busy picking off my numerous goblin raiders, which to my surprise weren't dieing that fast) then all of sudden 'Out of Sync'.

I seriously doubt he bailed and I didn't. Personally with how fast units are generated, I'm guessing any thoughts of your opponents Alt+F4ing just because they are losing at the moment is really just wishful thinking on your part. Either way, the game definately has problems.

After looking through these forums, I'm actually wondering when the SP will actually start working because the community I've seen on these forums makes my Orcs look 'Pretty'.

GPS51
10-12-2011, 06:23 PM
Yeah looks like they're implementing it in the next patch to keep this from happening. Ironically losing an army isn't the "end of the world" in dof. I've lost a few already...you just go out and buy lvl5 units and get after it.. :)

andreicde
10-12-2011, 06:24 PM
Problem is that then if I have 340 str and you have 330 str I could d/c and insta win.

They need to figure out someway to only punish the person who loses the connection, not both parties.

they are,check the update

Safey18
10-12-2011, 07:08 PM

lol. nuff said

Uzik
10-12-2011, 10:11 PM
lol. nuff said

Our fight went OOS too, right?

My worry is that a lot of fights go OOS even though neither party alt+f4's. About half of my OOS battles I see the guy in system chat immediately after.

andreicde
10-13-2011, 05:56 AM
when that happens it means the battles went OOS. In the same time though it's hard to say since different people don't necessary join the chat.I just hope they manage to fix the OOS once and for all though.