PDA

View Full Version : Dwarves

Magicus
10-12-2011, 05:53 AM
I really look forward to seeing them as a playable race. Any approximations when will they get implemented and what race characteristics can players expect to see?

Safey18
10-12-2011, 05:56 AM
I wouldn't have thought for months. January at the earliest.

ThatguyAds1298
10-12-2011, 05:59 AM
I wouldn't have thought for months. January at the earliest.

Indeed, Fixing up the game is the highest priority at the moment as well as the other features that are planned (Sieges / Alliances etc)

I hope to see dwarves or another race added at some point in the future too! :D

I'd say dwarves would have really good siege weaponry naturally, with all their cannons... and maybe be great ranged units for rifles. Wall mounted cannons.. *drool*

Theres also a poll in the suggestions forum to vote for the race youd most like to see if you havnt seen it.

Link :

http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=288

Uzik
10-12-2011, 06:53 AM
I hope dwarven cities are at least partially underground.

Gwydion
10-12-2011, 09:58 AM
Dragon-kin will be the first race added.... Then Dwarves... and yes.... there cities ARE underground.

Konstantin Fomenko
10-12-2011, 10:33 AM
Yeah - with Dwarves we are looking at January as the very earliest, most likely February. Dwarven towns will be mostly under-ground inside the caves. However - as we are working on the Dwarven and Dragon races you`ll start seeing more and more of their units available in the shop.

Defilus
10-12-2011, 10:35 AM
Yeah - with Dwarves we are looking at January as the very earliest, most likely February. Dwarven towns will be mostly under-ground inside the caves. However - as we are working on the Dwarven and Dragon races you`ll start seeing more and more of their units available in the shop.
Isnt it a bit strange that dragon/dwarf units will be/are sold in the shop but not Orc/Human/Elf units? O_o. What is the "lore" behind it?

White935
10-12-2011, 10:58 AM
Isnt it a bit strange that dragon/dwarf units will be/are sold in the shop but not Orc/Human/Elf units? O_o. What is the "lore" behind it?

Cus you can hire them as mercenaries in towns <.<.

When the race is released the units will probably be pulled from the store (apart from dragons?). and new racial units would probably pop up (as they make new races. like nords <.<)

Magicmud83
10-12-2011, 11:06 AM
Looking forward to dwarves alot one of my favorite fantasy races and been so long since I got to play as them in a rts. Dragon army I'm having a hard time picture in my mind. Current dragons take 11-15 pop cap so they would need some smaller units too and ofc some type of gathering unit. Dragons crafting buildings/walls or going to the market seems a bit odd. :)

Defilus
10-12-2011, 11:13 AM
Cus you can hire them as mercenaries in towns <.<.

When the race is released the units will probably be pulled from the store (apart from dragons?). and new racial units would probably pop up (as they make new races. like nords <.<)
Ah yes forgot about the mercenaries.

ObscuredUSA
10-12-2011, 01:42 PM

A dragon race? Now that's interesting.

GPS51
10-12-2011, 01:46 PM
Well just to make things interesting.. http://dof.heavengames.com/info/factions/forgotten
http://dof.heavengames.com/gallery/dofh-exclusives/forgotten-races-concept
We can but hope :D

ThatguyAds1298
10-12-2011, 01:46 PM
As long as we get a green dragon man, with a 'beefy arm for good measure' im happy. What? Trogdor? Its been done?! Aww... :confused:

Just joking.

Im very VERY curious now on these new races so im looking forward to some information when they get closer to completion early next year :) An yes underground 'cave' like city sounds pretty awesome will be very interesting to see how that is implemented too.

Magicus
10-12-2011, 01:49 PM
Looking forward to dwarves alot one of my favorite fantasy races and been so long since I got to play as them in a rts. Dragon army I'm having a hard time picture in my mind. Current dragons take 11-15 pop cap so they would need some smaller units too and ofc some type of gathering unit. Dragons crafting buildings/walls or going to the market seems a bit odd. :)

It'll be the challenge for the design team I think. It's been done before in Dragonlance for instance (Draconians, race of lizardmen) but I'm curious about the area design, lizardmen architecture. I also have a slightly different picture of DoF in my mind. Statistical majority doesn't always represent majority because a decent amount of players most likely doesn't participate in discussions on this forum.

Dreamwalker
10-12-2011, 03:39 PM
Well just to make things interesting.. http://dof.heavengames.com/info/factions/forgotten
http://dof.heavengames.com/gallery/dofh-exclusives/forgotten-races-concept
We can but hope :D

Whoa; didn't know that. Thanks for the links! :D

Personally, I think dragons would make a great race, as long as they can be balanced right. And dwarves with underground cities is just so awsome.