PDA

View Full Version : new website

AvengingEvil
12-13-2008, 10:07 PM
hi ite great that you guys finally started doing weekly screens and finally a new video... yaaay but you guys promised a new website by the end of november on some post are you guys working on that? just curious pls dont make this a flame thread cuz this is my first post :)

Feweh
12-13-2008, 10:24 PM
hi ite great that you guys finally started doing weekly screens and finally a new video... yaaay but you guys promised a new website by the end of november on some post are you guys working on that? just curious pls dont make this a flame thread cuz this is my first post :)

Back in July you said there would be a new Website in the next two months.

Not that it really matters but i figured it was being worked on.. what happened?

Andy Joslin
12-13-2008, 11:22 PM
AvengingEvil, it's actually surprising you that we delayed something? :p

Seriously tho', it got delayed. Website is now up to our publisher, and the powers that be in Lighthouse Interactive want a wait.

Feweh
12-14-2008, 12:09 AM
Doesn't seem like Lighthouse is big on advertising yo.

aVeron
12-14-2008, 07:30 AM
Extemely lazy that this company hasnt got the website updated.. for about a year..

Puppeteer
12-14-2008, 11:38 AM
OR it's not a priority.

Feweh
12-14-2008, 11:46 AM
mhm, Mount & Blade only updated their website after the game was released.

So i guess its not a big deal.

aVeron
12-14-2008, 12:44 PM
OR it's not a priority.

Thats just a rediciolus accusation, its like saying, why would a company like this have a Homepage?

Puppeteer
12-14-2008, 12:59 PM
What? 'Its not like saying that at all. Wouldn't you say that developing the game is more important? They've only just managed to sort out a media release, they've obviously had delays and have other things that they need to sort out instead.

nickson104
12-14-2008, 01:06 PM
What? 'Its [b]not[b] like saying that at all. Wouldn't you say that developing the game is more important? They've only just managed to sort out a media release, they've obviously had delays and have other things that they need to sort out instead.

I take his side on this one, the game is way more important than the site

aVeron
12-14-2008, 02:43 PM
The development of the game is more importent, yes. But it doesnt mean that the actually developers are hired to also work as webdesigners.. they should surely have someone specific for that kind of job.. Marketing wise this game doesnt come out well at all, due to the 1 year outdated website,which is just really poor..

Puppeteer
12-14-2008, 03:35 PM
It's hardly as if there's such excitingly unique content that would be the only reason for making the game successful. You cannot blame the apparent lack of marketing awareness on the outdated website (which although new content may not be featured on is still revalent and displays much of what DoF has to offer). Considering this company is small, a hired group of active web developers is also not a must.
The only problem I see is on the Races section, concerning Dragons.

Konstantin Fomenko
12-14-2008, 05:14 PM
Allow me to clear things up.

Our original plan was to launch the new website this November, but since we started working with Lighthouse Interactive our marketing plan and production priorities became more concrete. And as was already mentioned in this topic - priorities changed.

Allow me to put it this way - main purpose of the new website is to introduce new players to DoF, and by 'new please' we meen a very large number of people. These new players will only start arriving in masses once our massive marketing campaign gets under-way. (The weekly media in our forums - is just for you - our brave bunch of loyal fans)

So for now - our priority is getting to beta. And I`m sure you guys will pick beta invites over the new website.

However, work on new website started back in the summer - and we are looking at a brand new site, with all new content and latest flash technology - dynamic content, streaming videos e.t.c

At this point I can`t give you a date - but earliest we are looking at is late January.

However – we are committed to keeping you – our loyal fans excited about DoF, so we’ll keep on going with our weekly media updates, even though that`s not part of our marketing plan or budget. And to be honest - all the feedback we are getting from you is grealy helping us in shaping up the game. Keep it up please!

Feweh
12-14-2008, 05:41 PM
You have been very good with weekly media pictures etc.

But could you infact show us aspect of the games, such as key things.

For one a Video of just a siege, then perhaps ships fighting then a land battle so on and so on?

raving
12-15-2008, 08:32 AM
ive been checking in alot latley and like what i see. The pictues, the unoficial video ><. you guys just keep up the good work.

AvengingEvil
12-15-2008, 01:18 PM
Allow me to clear things up.
So for now - our priority is getting to beta. And I`m sure you guys will pick beta invites over the new website.

However, work on new website started back in the summer - and we are looking at a brand new site, with all new content and latest flash technology - dynamic content, streaming videos e.t.c

At this point I can`t give you a date - but earliest we are looking at is late January.

end of january is a promising aspect XD hopefully not long for actual game release after beta. i did love the new video though