PDA

View Full Version : Hiw is the SP and Editor?

Wizaerd
10-11-2011, 03:23 PM
I have zero interest in the online aspect of this game, but I am curious how the SP portion is, and how is the editor? Don;t see anyone posting about these...

Henry Martin
10-11-2011, 03:30 PM
Well the SP is a fast-paced mode that is similar to Total War. If you were thinking of a SP like in SC2, etc than you will be disappointed. There was plans to have something like that, but was scrapped quite a while ago (though there is a chance it could be added later). There is also a two skirmish modes, one being Castle Defense and the other Lay Siege. You can pretty much tell what they are by the names. One you defend a castle and other you attack a castle.

As for the editor well you can make maps in it and I'm not sure how the modding as of now (I haven't tried it myself). If you look here (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34), it might answer you question.

Wizaerd
10-11-2011, 03:43 PM
Well the SP is a fast-paced mode that is similar to Total War. If you were thinking of a SP like in SC2, etc than you will be disappointed. There was plans to have something like that, but was scrapped quite a while ago (though there is a chance it could be added later). There is also a two skirmish modes, one being Castle Defense and the other Lay Siege. You can pretty much tell what they are by the names. One you defend a castle and other you attack a castle.

As for the editor well you can make maps in it and I'm not sure how the modding as of now (I haven't tried it myself). If you look here (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34), it might answer you question.

I had looked there, but don't see any feedback or input as to how the editor is in terms of usage, capabilities, etc... But I'll keep looking and hope someone has something to say about it eventually.

Henry Martin
10-11-2011, 03:54 PM
Well if you want a more specific answer(s) then you have to ask.

The editor is pretty simple to use, making maps will be easy, everything is straight forward, editor uses lua to script, you can import your own objects (but I'm not sure you can right now as you need the plugin/script for max to export the file type), it has some pretty handy tools, but personally I think there is a few more tools it needs.